Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

Season Tickets

I got an email on Friday saying that it would be possible to order season tickets beginning today. I’ve gone to the website to order tickets but also in hopes of learning more about the schedule but it’s still impossible to do either. The Athletic Department keeps adding more and more employees yet they can’t do even the basic stuff right!

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I got an email on Friday saying that it would be possible to order season tickets beginning today. I’ve gone to the website to order tickets but also in hopes of learning more about the schedule but it’s still impossible to do either. The Athletic Department keeps adding more and more employees yet they can’t do even the basic stuff right!
    I did the same.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Ha, this is what they do best...

Well, the e-mail said tickets go on sale Aug 1st, but went on to say the ticket office would be closed on Sunday. I assume the 1st was a typo, or someone misread the calendar. A screw up nonetheless. Unless Sunday is reserved for donors with deeper pockets than us commoners.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Well, the e-mail said tickets go on sale Aug 1st, but went on to say the ticket office would be closed on Sunday. I assume the 1st was a typo, or someone misread the calendar. A screw up nonetheless. Unless Sunday is reserved for donors with deeper pockets than us commoners.
    The message said that ticket renewals would be digital so it wasn’t clear to me why it also talked about the hours for the ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Well, the e-mail said tickets go on sale Aug 1st, but went on to say the ticket office would be closed on Sunday. I assume the 1st was a typo, or someone misread the calendar.
    Another possibility: Duke's athletic department uses this calendar.

julycalendar (2).jpg

(If you're wondering, the August page is correct. They just screwed up July.)

If you have any issues the ticket office always picks up the slack. No one will lose their priority.

The problem continues. You still can't order season tickets online.

The problem continues. You still can't order season tickets online.
    Yep. And no follow-up explanatory email.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Yep. And no follow-up explanatory email.
    Genial incompetence, as usual. No ownership of issues, we'll get to it when we get to it.

Does anyone think Duke will allow fans at home men’s basketball games inside Cameron Indoor Stadium this season?

Given the current trajectory of the delta variant of Covid-19 along with the likely potential for more variants in the coming months, I’d say no. Maybe 50-50 chances since it’s Coach K’s last season. But even given that, I think there’s a 50% chance there will be no fans again this season. And I think that percentage will get higher by the end of the summer.

Maybe they got hacked and all of the season tickets we purchased by Russians.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I got my order. I had to click the link they provided in this paragraph to get them to show:

Purchase Season Tickets
    You can renew or purchase your new season tickets by clicking here and logging into your account. In order to login, you must have activated your new online account. Instructions for activating your account were sent via email on Friday, July 30. For new season ticket holders, your seats will be allocated after the August 20th deadline based on availability and Iron Dukes priority.

They didn't show on the general /tickets link.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Maybe they got hacked and all of the season tickets we purchased by Russians.
    at least we'll get better food and possibly vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    at least we'll get better food and possibly vodka.
    Russian honey cake! Oh boy oh boy oh boy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Does anyone think Duke will allow fans at home men’s basketball games inside Cameron Indoor Stadium this season?

Given the current trajectory of the delta variant of Covid-19 along with the likely potential for more variants in the coming months, I’d say no. Maybe 50-50 chances since it’s Coach K’s last season. But even given that, I think there’s a 50% chance there will be no fans again this season. And I think that percentage will get higher by the end of the summer.
    Duke has recently gone back to mandating masks for all indoor activities.

I would yet not be surprised if there were restrictions placed in cameron, such as proof of vaccination and mandatory masks. That said, staff preparations are going on as normal.

I don't think football will be much of an issue as it unfortunately does not qualify as an indoor, nor as a situation in which people are not able to distance.
    1200. DDMF.

Two years in a row I wasn't sent my parking pass info, because (they told me) "it was stuck in the computer."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Duke has recently gone back to mandating masks for all indoor activities.

I would yet not be surprised if there were restrictions placed in cameron, such as proof of vaccination and mandatory masks. That said, staff preparations are going on as normal.

I don't think football will be much of an issue as it unfortunately does not qualify as an indoor, nor as a situation in which people are not able to distance.
    That is good to hear. Let’s keep it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I got my order. I had to click the link they provided in this paragraph to get them to show:

Purchase Season Tickets
    You can renew or purchase your new season tickets by clicking here and logging into your account. In order to login, you must have activated your new online account. Instructions for activating your account were sent via email on Friday, July 30. For new season ticket holders, your seats will be allocated after the August 20th deadline based on availability and Iron Dukes priority.

They didn't show on the general /tickets link.

-jk
    Got mine online today - not a problem. The link wasn't working at 8:30 this morning, but worked around lunchtime

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    That is good to hear. Let’s keep it that way!
    I mean, I WISH football were a situation in which it was impossible to distance....but i suppose that's a silver lining.
    1200. DDMF.