Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 27, Georgia Tech 31

Time to move forward. Discuss the game here. Duke is a 3.5 points underdog with the over/under set at 59 points.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Time to move forward. Discuss the game here. Duke is a 3.5 points underdog with the over/under set at 59 points.
    So this implies a score in the range of 32-28. For the life of me I can't figure out how we're going to score 28 points, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out how we're going to score 28 points, but stranger things have happened.
    Perhaps we will witness better play calling this week. One can hope.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So this implies a score in the range of 32-28. For the life of me I can't figure out how we're going to score 28 points, but stranger things have happened.
    Which will be higher, the number of bubble screen plays we run, or the number of points we score?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Which will be higher, the number of bubble screen plays we run, or the number of points we score?
    Come one there were wrinkles in the offense; I saw them, you saw them. Don't let your zeal to push Cut out the door (of the airplane) lead you to deny what you surely saw: Second quarter around the 40 of Carolina, a bubble pass to the SHORT side of the field. That is just subtle genius you can't ignore.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 10-04-2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Something tells me the OC called that play without looking where the ball was placed.

or the number of times of my spastic colon inverts.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Come one there were wrinkles in the offense; I saw them, you saw them.
    I saw our azzes get kicked on a day of truly bad play calling. One or two wrinkles don't make a blowout enjoyable.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Front page article on overcoming adversity:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...orgia-tech-acc
    Bob Green

I saw our azzes get kicked on a day of truly bad play calling. One or two wrinkles don't make a blowout enjoyable.
    Still can't believe we punted from what, the unc 37 when the game was still theoretically in play...our horizontal passing game needs to be put to pasture. Those plays work when your receiver can out-athlete the opposing cornerbacks. Our guys can't do that. If you can't make someone miss, it's not of much use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Front page article on overcoming adversity:

Article? Cut could write a book.

Still can't believe we punted from what, the unc 37 when the game was still theoretically in play...our horizontal passing game needs to be put to pasture. Those plays work when your receiver can out-athlete the opposing cornerbacks. Our guys can't do that. If you can't make someone miss, it's not of much use.
    I can't believe we brought in the running QB...to have the QB run on fourth and 2...as if anyone on Mars or Jupiter, let alone on UNC's defense, didn't know exactly what we were going to do. Cut may be the coach, and he may know more FB than every single person on this forum...but about 90% of the people on this forum can predict his play calling. What does that tell ya?

(OH WAIT, he was setting up the jump pass for later...)

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I can't believe we brought in the running QB...to have the QB run on fourth and 2...as if anyone on Mars or Jupiter, let alone on UNC's defense, didn't know exactly what we were going to do. Cut may be the coach, and he may know more FB than every single person on this forum...but about 90% of the people on this forum can predict his play calling. What does that tell ya?

Everyone knew Connette was going to run when we had the ball near the goal line and still invariably, he scored anyway.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Everyone knew Connette was going to run when we had the ball near the goal line and still invariably, he scored anyway.
    Connette was a special talent in short yardage situations. We have tried to run that package with other guys ever since, with varying degrees of success (notably Sirk, of course). I don't think we have one of those guys on this team (Moore strikes me as more of a speed guy than a short yardage power guy and I don't think anyone is mistaking Gunnar for a power guy either).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Connette was a special talent in short yardage situations. We have tried to run that package with other guys ever since, with varying degrees of success (notably Sirk, of course). I don't think we have one of those guys on this team (Moore strikes me as more of a speed guy than a short yardage power guy and I don't think anyone is mistaking Gunnar for a power guy either).
    I certainly agree with this.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    A couple quibbles with that statement...first, it was not a Duke known play before Connette...but it certainly is now. Second, that was a powerful offense, and would have likely scored with Boone still in there most of the time...and third, I believe if you tracked it, you would see that it started to fall off effectiveness while Connette was still there. I don't have stats on that, but I'd like to see the percentage it worked over Connette's career.

For those of you who don't read the front page.

Chess, not Checkers!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post

Dear HBCK, Like others, including and especially me, you miss the subtle genius at work here.

Yes, almost everyone on this and nearby planets knew what play was expected, but, Hah! Cut knew that everyone knew what was expected and therefore knew that Cut wouldn't do what everyone expected. So Cut went with what no one expected, given that everyone expected it, and ran the unexpected expected play! Think outside the box, people!

You quibblers, you ask, well why then didn't the play work, given the diabolically genius strategery? Haters gonna hate. Execution! And that's on me, or someone, I'm getting a little confused.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Yes, almost everyone on this and nearby planets knew what play was expected, but, Hah! Cut knew that everyone knew what was expected and therefore knew that Cut wouldn't do what everyone expected. So Cut went with what no one expected, given that everyone expected it, and ran the unexpected expected play! Think outside the box, people!
    Anyone who read that and didn't instantly think of this scene is obviously one of the three people left on this planet that hasn't seen The Princess Bride.

Weather is starting to look a little dicey...(although the temperature should be nice and maybe getting wet is better than getting roasted by the sun).

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Dear HBCK, Like others, including and especially me, you miss the subtle genius at work here.

You quibblers, you ask, well why then didn't the play work, given the diabolically genius strategery? Haters gonna hate. Execution! And that's on me, or someone, I'm getting a little confused.
    I thought my line about setting up the jump pass was brilliant....then you had to go and top it with this ^^^^^ - so with el mucho grudgings...I sporked ya....