Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Welcome to Duke, Kyle Filipowski!

The first commit for Head Coach in Waiting Jon Scheyer. Great get!

https://www.instagram.com/kyleflip22/

Should be a big weekend! Whitehead committing on Sunday! Should he commit, that's quite a start to the class!

Woohoo! Welcome Flip!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

NICE! Great get for Scheyer. The recruiting machine still strong.

Welcome Flip!

Love kids who climb in the rankings and get better throughout their high school career. Great building piece for Scheyer’s future!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Great start! Welcome Kyle!

Scouting Report of Kyle Filipowski

Ant Wright does some of the better high school recruiting profiles on YouTube. Here's one he did about a month ago on Filipowski. This kid is going to end up as a 5-star/top 25 type player by the time all is said and done. Every report I've read raves about "Flip" and the way he moves, handles, passes, and especially shoots the ball. He's a good but not overwhelming athlete at 6'11" 230 lbs. I mean, how many players like that come around every year? He's as skilled and talented a player as you'll see. I'm excited to see him in Duke blue.

Great get, Coach Scheyer!

I love how this transition is shaping up.
    No soup for you!

Great News..Welcome Kyle..

May he have as successful career as another Kyle !
    A nice start for Scheyer and Kyle

Strong move in the right direction.

We're going to need a monster class in 2022 so this is an incredible start. Landing Whitehead on Sunday would really signal that our recruiting stranglehold can continue in the post-K era. A 6'11 shooter is an incredible get; as with any big men in the modern era one of the big questions will be how well he can defend in space. Congrats to the staff for getting it done!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The first commit for Head Coach in Waiting Jon Scheyer. Great get!
    And thus it begins……

Congratulations, Coach Scheyer and Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This makes sense, yet it is still a little surprising.

Scheyer has spearheaded Duke's 2022 recruiting efforts, with Krzyzewski not going on the road in June and July to watch recruits.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ng-jon-scheyer

Also, this from the same article. Great to read these words.

"Coach K retiring didn't change how I felt about Duke," Filipowski said. "I've been building this relationship with Coach Scheyer for over six months now, and the vision he has, not just for me but for my class, is something that I can envision myself in. I believe in him and what he is planning. I think being a part of that and helping him make his own name at Duke would be something very special for both of us. I just wanted to carry on the dynasty of Duke but also create a foundation with Coach Scheyer."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Favorite 2022 commit!

1. He goes to school in MA

2. He's an excellent shooter

3. He's Scheyer's first recruit (and, let's face it, Coach K definitely helped. And that's okay!)

4. Kentucky and UNC offered him
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I absolutely love this signing. This kid looks like he could be a stud. Already listed at 6’10”, 230 lbs in some places.

Coach Scheyer is on the board with his first signing!

Awesome!!

Way to go Coach Scheyer!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I absolutely love this signing. This kid looks like he could be a stud. Already listed at 6’10”, 230 lbs in some places.

Coach Scheyer is on the board with his first signing!
    Actually listed as 6'11" by 247. Which means he's probably 6'10" but has a year of HS growth coming up!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Everything I've seen and read about Kyle screams Ryan Kelly 2.0. If he can attain that (lofty) ceiling, considering the need for floor spacers at the 4 in the modern game, he's going to be BIG for the 2022 team.

Seems like momentum is everything in recruiting, and now Coach Scheyer has some. Whitehead could turn that into an avalanche of momentum if things go our way there in the coming days. It's WAY too early to start thinking about who from this year's squad will be back in 2022, but there could be some great returning pieces to complement those two 5* freshmen.

Exciting times
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!