Thread: RIP Dusty Hill

RIP Dusty Hill

Bass player of the iconic band ZZ Top for over 50 years, Dusty Hill, passed at the age of 72.

I can still remember what it felt like the first time I heard LaGrange. What an amazing power trio. One of the tightest rhythm sections ever.... just as good live as on the records.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Bass player of the iconic band ZZ Top for over 50 years, Dusty Hill, passed at the age of 72.

I can still remember what it felt like the first time I heard LaGrange. What an amazing power trio. One of the tightest rhythm sections ever... just as good live as on the records.
    A true legend.

lost another one ... time moves on....

sail on, dusty...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Fell in love with ZZ Top during the Eliminator/Afterburner years (I know, Afterburner not necessarily the greatest) and finally got to see them live on the Recycler Tour. Over the years I went back and really dove into all their older stuff. Just so many great albums and songs. Too many to list. You can't talk about the Blues over the last 40-50 years without mentioning them.

RIP, amigo.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Thumbs up

I can still remember what it felt like the first time I heard LaGrange. What an amazing power trio. One of the tightest rhythm sections ever... just as good live as on the records.
    Seconded.

I can still remember what it felt like the first time I heard LaGrange.
    What an amazing power trio. One of the tightest rhythm sections ever... just as good live as on the records.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Fell in love with ZZ Top during the Eliminator/Afterburner years (I know, Afterburner not necessarily the greatest) and finally got to see them live on the Recycler Tour. Over the years I went back and really dove into all their older stuff. Just so many great albums and songs. Too many to list. You can't talk about the Blues over the last 40-50 years without mentioning them.

RIP, amigo.
    My first memory of ZZ Top, probably like many my age, is watching their Legs and Sharp Dressed Man videos on MTV and being absolutely tickled at their beards and their sudden appearances and disappearances throughout the videos as quasi-narrators/observers/Greek chorus. I had never seen anything like it!

What a fun group. Agree with MoonPie: Time moves on.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.