Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Roster measurements updated.

https://goduke.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Things of note:

Keels and Blakes are big boned.

Paolo is 6'10 250. The legends of his growth spurt was real.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    The extreme precision of the measurements is funny to me. That Keels weighs 221 lbs, AJ Griffin and Bates Jones are 222 lbs, and Kennan Worthington is 224 lbs. Do Griffin and Bates Jones bully Keels for being such a lightweight?

I feel like many schools round to the nearest 5 pounds, so this is a bit funny to see.

https://goduke.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Things of note:

Keels and Blakes are big boned.

Paolo is 6'10 250. The legends of his growth spurt was real.
    I have never seen the name Spencer Hubbard before, but maybe I missed it. Looks like sophomore walk-on who went to LA's (academically) prestigious Harvard-Westlake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I have never seen the name Spencer Hubbard before, but maybe I missed it. Looks like sophomore walk-on who went to LA's (academically) prestigious Harvard-Westlake.
    Kid never misses

https://youtu.be/nJ_BuTVdo3c

Michael Savarino's backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    The extreme precision of the measurements is funny to me. That Keels weighs 221 lbs, AJ Griffin and Bates Jones are 222 lbs, and Kennan Worthington is 224 lbs. Do Griffin and Bates Jones bully Keels for being such a lightweight?

I feel like many schools round to the nearest 5 pounds, so this is a bit funny to see.
    1. Blakes is the same height as Roach and weighs 36lbs heavier. I do not think Blakes will get "pushed around"

2. Griffin didn't grow to 6'8" like many thought.

3. Yes. Keels is a heavy, heavy dude. Does he have any speed?

4. John and Williams are the same weight. That makes me smile.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    1. Blakes is the same height as Roach and weighs 36lbs heavier. I do not think Blakes will get "pushed around".
    I believe the correct term is "knocked back". Dukies don't get pushed around.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I believe the correct term is "knocked back". Dukies don't get pushed around.
    They wanted it more.

1. Blakes is the same height as Roach and weighs 36lbs heavier. I do not think Blakes will get "pushed around"

Speed could well be an issue with this team. Zone?

He was a manager last year who got some video in last year's "uncut" video. Upgraded from manager to walk-on this year, apparently.

Minor oddity, but Williams was listed at 243 last year. So he has apparently lost a pound this year.

I believe that Roach has also lost a few pounds from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Minor oddity, but Williams was listed at 243 last year. So he has apparently lost a pound this year.

I believe that Roach has also lost a few pounds from last year.
    do keep in mind that the roster weights are often inaccurate. For several years I kept track of K's comments on who has added what amount of weight, and you simply couldn't reconcile his comments with the roster weights. I've been told a player can be just about any height or weight he chooses to be. For sure a number of heights have in the past been generous. Demarcus Nelson measured two inches shorter at NBA camps than he did at Duke.http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demarcus-nelson-58/
    Last edited by budwom; 07-26-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Some of that, I bet, and maybe a more compact man-to-man, as in 2010? That worked out okay, as I recall.

do keep in mind that the roster weights are often inaccurate. For several years I kept track of K's comments on who has added what amount of weight, and you simply couldn't reconcile his comments with the roster weights. I've been told a player can be just about any height or weight he chooses to be. For sure a number of heights have in the past been generous.
    Alternative facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Alternative facts.
    K can be alternative right about the team!

do keep in mind that the roster weights are often inaccurate. For several years I kept track of K's comments on who has added what amount of weight, and you simply couldn't reconcile his comments with the roster weights. I've been told a player can be just about any height or weight he chooses to be. For sure a number of heights have in the past been generous. Demarcus Nelson measured two inches shorter at NBA camps than he did at Duke.http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demarcus-nelson-58/
    He played a lot bigger when he was at Duke.

Does all of the extra weight this team is carrying around make them "alarmingly unathletic"?

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon View Post
    Does all of the extra weight this team is carrying around make them "alarmingly unathletic"?
    We can only hope. 🙂

They wanted it more.
    They came out flat.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

I wish they included the coaching staff's height/weight.

Speaking of the coaching staff, they might be one of the best group of players among Division I coaching staffs next year. It helps when the head coach is 40 years younger than the previous guy.

Regarding AJ Griffin, I was never one to buy into the talk that he had grown to 6'8". There was similar talk about Henry Coleman the summer before. It's rare that these players suddenly grow an inch or two as juniors or seniors in high school. It's not that rare (see Dunleavy, Mike), but not as often as us basketball fans might hope. Anyway, an extra inch or two might not matter all that much. When you can do this, who cares how long of neck you have?