Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    And one implication of NOT returning to the office….

https://nypost.com/2021/08/10/google...pasteboard_app

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    And one implication of NOT returning to the office….

https://nypost.com/2021/08/10/google...pasteboard_app
    I think I’d mentioned but employees at my company who have moved recently found out that the company will not be paying their travel/hotel costs for a mandatory amount of return to office.

That can eat into salary.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think I’d mentioned but employees at my company who have moved recently found out that the company will not be paying their travel/hotel costs for a mandatory amount of return to office.

That can eat into salary.
    But no salary reduction to reflect lower cost living locations, I assume.

I understand the non payment of travel or hotel costs, though. Might hurt retention as a result. Depends on what competitors for talent are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    But no salary reduction to reflect lower cost living locations, I assume.

I understand the non payment of travel or hotel costs, though. Might hurt retention as a result. Depends on what competitors for talent are doing.
    No, no salary reductions to my knowledge. I think we’ll see some realignment. Certainly a lot of rumbling along those lines.

I was hired remote flexible and so far the company had continued to honor that. Personally, I think I scored some cost of living arbitrage with where we are.

My company has its largest presence in Boston, NYC, and Chicago. There was never a geographic adjustment for salary although all three of those are usually top paid locations, although we had some people who lived in smaller cities scattered throughout the country and they also got paid the same. Now, we have totally thrown geography out the window as it relates to hiring and people have moved all over. Now fewer than 50% are near offices (consulting company). No salary adjustments at all. And if there is a requirement to go back into the office, those not near one will be reimbursed for expenses while those local will not. So, a lot of people have taken the opportunity to move. I might if it wasn't for my spouse's job and family nearby...

So, yeah, things have changed. My company not requiring office presence this year in all likelihood, but they've been open and available for use. A few clients have requested travel and on-site work, however.

Decent list of mostly tech and financial companies and where that are at in terms of policy:

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...r-day-october/

Announcement went out to today: corporate HQ back to 100% masks regardless of vaccination status based on Maryland transmission rates. Return to work roll-out delayed but still occurring.

My Company pushed “phase 2” return to January 2022.

My Company pushed “phase 2” return to January 2022.
    My company has thrown in the towel on defining dates. I go in once a week because on Fridays, there are brisket 🌮 for breakfast. Yes, my cholesterol is a bit higher than desired.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My company has thrown in the towel on defining dates. I go in once a week because on Fridays, there are brisket 🌮 for breakfast. Yes, my cholesterol is a bit higher than desired.
    I mean, priorities, right?

My wife was genuinely frustrated that I had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich every day of the first year of the pandemic, yet when I went for my physical my cholesterol and everything were PERFECT. I felt like she should be happy for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    My wife was genuinely frustrated that I had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich every day of the first year of the pandemic, yet when I went for my physical my cholesterol and everything were PERFECT. I felt like she should be happy for me?
    Maybe genes trump diet?

I felt like she should be happy for me?
    She should be ecstatic.

My company branch moved to a beautiful new building in March 2020. Real upgrade, beautiful, large new offices. I now have a gigantic 2nd floor corner window office with a great view of a park and fountains. Every office has been set up with all our work paraphernalia - all the computers in operation, all of bookshelves stocked with the books we moved, desks set up with our pen holder cups stocked, staplers set just so, our favorite coffee cup perched waiting.

The new building is 5 minutes from my home but I, like almost all of my coworkers, haven’t spent a full hour at the new place in the one and a half years it’s been open. I’ve gone in to look around and it is eerie, resembling the beginning one of those ‘mysterious rapture’ science fiction movies. Only two people are left, coming in day after day, each working alone in his office a floor away from the other.

Actually I think there may be 3 non-raptured people now.

She should be ecstatic.
    You would think?!

(Unless there is another man I don't know about, a man who only eats kale?)

You would think?!

(Unless there is another man I don't know about, a man who only eats kale?)
    Those two things are mutually exclusive l.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe genes trump diet?
    Hah! I *DO* have ketchup on my breakfast sandwich, but never on my steak, so I'm not sure...?

Those two things are mutually exclusive l.
    DBR is not great about inserting gifs, but imagine I inserted the "DAMN!" one from the movie Friday right around here

Back in office

I work at an office that has a hybrid system set up. Some people come in and work a few days a week from the office and a few days a week from home. No one has got sick with the Covid at all and everyone seems to be happier about the set up.

Giving employees the option to have this type of structure has really helped improve moral all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe genes trump diet?
    I could eat lettuce and only lettuce for every meal for a year, and my cholesterol would still be high.
    So yeah, genes are part of the story for sure.