Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    He's apparently good at being a sore loser, too.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/novak-d...103105577.html
    Busta must have some good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post

Novak was not in a djoking mood about them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    He surely had some great Rhymes.

Final Swimming report card--Congrats to Team USA

1. USA - 30 total, 11 gold.
    2. Australia - 20 total, 9 gold.

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olym...-standings.htm

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Just a gutsy performance by Suni Lee out there. Thrust into the spotlight like that at the drop of a hat all of a sudden and you are the face of the US team. Congrats to her and her family. The story about the Dad falling is heartbreaking on so many levels.

On a related note, will Simone compete in any individual finals? I know she has the yips but is that just for vault?
    Suni Lee was not thrust into the spotlight at the drop of a hat. She is the reigning world silver medalist on floor (behind Biles) and reigning world bronze medalist on bars. Her bars routine is better than that of Simone Biles. Anyone who knows anything about gymnastics already knew that Suni Lee was the heir apparent to Simone on the US team. Many expected them to finish 1-2 in the women's all around. While it's true that people who don't follow gymnastics probably only watch it every 4 years during the Olympics, there are lots of gymnastics fans out there.

Also - these competitions are taking place in empty stadiums with only other gymnasts and coaches watching. There is no spotlight during the competition. What happens in the next few months - yeah - that will be different than if she had finished 2nd to Biles.

Rory Sabbatini (!!!) (AKA the other Rory) throws out a 61 (-10) to take the lead in the clubhouse. Will anyone catch/beat him?

Dunno if anyone is awake, but the seven players in a bronze medal playoff have been whittled to five. Sad to see Hideki fall out of competition.

Fourth playoff hole, down to two competitors.

Golf -- Kudos to Xander Schauffele

OMG! Watched it live lat night as long as I could and then got up before dawn to watch the final eight holes. Xander had a comfortable lead and then his drive seemed to desert him. Hit it into the woods on #15 -- had to take an unplayable (lucky he was that close to the edge of the trees) and then could only skitter the ball across the fairway. Somehow, he made bogey, which after Rory Sabbatine's 18th-hole birdie left him in a tie for the lead.

Had a mediocre tee shot on the par-three 16th, but did get up and down.

Drove into the front bunker on the "drive-able" par-four 17th. Did get up and down for a birdie, which put him back in the lead.

On #18, it was Perils of Pauline again. He hit it to the edge of the woods and had no shot at the green. Laid up at 60-80 yards and needed to make par. His pitch was within four feet of the hole, and he made the putt. His putting was truly solid the entire round.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    OMG! Watched it live lat night as long as I could and then got up before dawn to watch the final eight holes. Xander had a comfortable lead and then his drive seemed to desert him. Hit it into the woods on #15 -- had to take an unplayable (lucky he was that close to the edge of the trees) and then could only skitter the ball across the fairway. Somehow, he made bogey, which after Rory Sabbatine's 18th-hole birdie left him in a tie for the lead.

Had a mediocre tee shot on the par-three 16th, but did get up and down.

Drove into the front bunker on the "drive-able" par-four 17th. Did get up and down for a birdie, which put him back in the lead.

On #18, it was Perils of Pauline again. He hit it to the edge of the woods and had no shot at the green. Laid up at 60-80 yards and needed to make par. His pitch was within four feet of the hole, and he made the putt. His putting was truly solid the entire round.
    The playoff for Bronze was amazing.

I really don’t think I want a plant-based sneaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The playoff for Bronze was amazing.
    I watched that too, but I had only added "60 minutes" on my recording, so I had to look it up afterwards.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Simone Biles will participate in the Beam, her only individual event of the games.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/gymnas...te-beam-finals
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Women's soccer loses to Canada and will play for the bronze. First loss to Canada in 20 years. The team was really just never able to get on track this entire tournament.

So much for recording the game.

Not a huge surprise. They seemed over-matched against the Netherlands but squeaked out a victory. Can't get away with that many times at high level competition.

This generation of women's soccer players has been an absolute joy to watch. Probably about due for some turnover

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Might want to change the title to make sure that folks are aware this is soccer, since it was posted in the main forum of a basketball site.

The USA women's team won their game today over France.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Gotta shout out to Camacho quin for the gold for Puerto rico .shes fort dorchester high graduate and sister to robert Quinn nfl. Also raven saunders for silver is from charleston also .

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    So much for recording the game.
    I mean...the thread says results. But I hate when that happens too.