Cameron Vax Requirement

I'm all in favor of a vaccination requirement for Cameron (and other mass gatherings, for that matter). And I applaud the athletics department for this move.

I do fear that it'll bottleneck getting into games. Are they just staring at a picture of a vax card? or do they need to see the real thing and proof of ID? Surely they can't be checking the batch number for authenticity. And of course, forging these cards is a difficult task requiring the internet and a printer.

Logistically, how will this work? Critical to my re-emergence into the hallowed mecca of hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    I'm all in favor of a vaccination requirement for Cameron (and other mass gatherings, for that matter). And I applaud the athletics department for this move.

I do fear that it'll bottleneck getting into games. Are they just staring at a picture of a vax card? or do they need to see the real thing and proof of ID? Surely they can't be checking the batch number for authenticity. And of course, forging these cards is a difficult task requiring the internet and a printer.

Logistically, how will this work? Critical to my re-emergence into the hallowed mecca of hoops.
    I imagine it will work like it has for concerts. You stand in a line and they have a few people checking for vaccination cards before you get to security check. Didn't add to much time to the entry to the concert at RedHat Ampitheater that I attended.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I imagine it will work like it has for concerts. You stand in a line and they have a few people checking for vaccination cards before you get to security check. Didn't add to much time to the entry to the concert at RedHat Ampitheater that I attended.
    I hear they're going to use the people who normally work the concession stands since they're experienced with lines.

Okay, I didn't actually hear that except inside my head. Those voices sometimes have a wicked sense of humor.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Exactly. I expect it will be very smooth. (Which is rare for me to expect of a Duke event)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Exactly. I expect it will be very smooth. (Which is rare for me to expect of a Duke event)
    at the very least, the current athletic leadership seems more willing to make positive change that requires even minor amounts of initiative...and I suspect despite the likelihood of issues for C2C, or other games that involve a significant number of non-season ticket holders, that they will at least try to smooth things over if there are potential improvements.
    April 1