Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Ummm, I'm pretty sure I always know what I'd be thinking.
    And you could have left your "Team X" change from "Vandy" as the Vandy that I wrote. It was pretty specific to the discussion.

Playing a team of 'Bama's caliber IS exciting. Once in a blue moon. But I'm very happy they (and Clemson) are not on our schedule every year.
    Thatís pretty cool that you always know what you will think about a particular issue before it happens. I guess.

Personally, I like the sound of ďTeam XĒ. Itís kind of like Washington Football Team.

And yes, playing against the great programs is more exciting and compelling. And it shows you where you stand. Nothing wrong with an honest evaluation of where you are as a program. It helps bring things into focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Thatís pretty cool that you always know what you will think about a particular issue before it happens. I guess.

Personally, I like the sound of ďTeam XĒ. Itís kind of like Washington Football Team.

And yes, playing against the great programs is more exciting and compelling. And it shows you where you stand. Nothing wrong with an honest evaluation of where you are as a program. It helps bring things into focus.
    When you're losing to Pittsburgh and Virginia every year I'm not sure you need to play Alabama to show you where you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    When you're losing to Pittsburgh and Virginia every year I'm not sure you need to play Alabama to show you where you stand.
    Okay, sure, but if Iím going to lose anyway Iíd rather lose to Alabama and LSU and Georgia and at least be able to watch some great teams with a bunch of athletes who are going to be playing on Sundays.

But I understand that we donít all agree on this.

I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    How do you know what you would be thinking?
    That's rich. But you seem to know what everyone else should be thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    That's rich. But you seem to know what everyone else should be thinking.
    First of all thatís a rude and aggressive comment. Iím surprised and disappointed, frankly.

Second; Iím primarily going by comments Iíve heard made by friends, family, acquaintances, and fans on the radio, internet, magazines, newspapers, etc. So no, itís not me knowing what everyone else should be thinking.

Third, Iím simply giving my opinions about how I see SEC football vs other conferences.

I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    First of all thatís a rude and aggressive comment. Iím surprised and disappointed, frankly.

Second; Iím primarily going by comments Iíve heard made by friends, family, acquaintances, and fans on the radio, internet, magazines, newspapers, etc. So no, itís not me knowing what everyone else should be thinking.

Third, Iím simply giving my opinions about how I see SEC football vs other conferences.
    Sorry. I'm done.

Has anyone heard rumor of the landing spot for Oklahoma State when the Big 12 fully implodes? PAC-12, maybe?

Oklahoma abruptly leaving their little brother was surprising and does seem to put State in an unenviable position. It was similar, though not exactly the same, as when Texas A&M left big brother Texas. I was stunned when it happened; that one took a good while to fully sink in.

It was nice to see the SEC vote unanimously, 14-0, to welcome Texas and Oklahoma to the party. I guess A&M decided not to be the lone protest vote. They say Texas and OU will officially join the SEC in 2025, but Iím betting (based on what Iíve heard) it happens by next season. I certainly hope that turns out to be the case.