Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JWill has Covid

JWill has Covid

https://twitter.com/RealJayWilliams/...097089029?s=20

Says he will not be calling the NBA finals because of it. Says he is doing fine. He was vaccinated but got it anyway.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Before this potentially goes off the rails, it’s worth saying that the fact he tested positive but is doing well with minimal symptoms is evidence that the vaccine is working, not the opposite. While breakthrough infections happen, they are overwhelmingly (read, like 99% in actual analyses) mild and do not require hospitalization. That’s huge.

Best wishes to him as he rest and recovers.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Before this potentially goes off the rails, it’s worth saying that the fact he tested positive but is doing well with minimal symptoms is evidence that the vaccine is working, not the opposite. While breakthrough infections happen, they are overwhelmingly (read, like 99% in actual analyses) mild and do not require hospitalization. That’s huge.

I doubt this goes off the rails. This board has been one of the most reasonable sources for COVID information since day one.

Best wishes to Jay.

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Jason!

Half a dozen NY Yankees, all vaccinated, have tested positive in the last couple of days and are now on the IL. This included Aaron Judge, who played in the All Star game on Tuesday.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Exactly right. The COVID-19 vaccine is not designed to prevent you from future infection from the virus. It’s designed to keep you from becoming ill and/or dying. That’s the whole point.

People who don’t know this, and even worse — who use it as evidence against the effectiveness of vaccines — simply have no idea what they’re talking about.

Why is this news?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Why is this news?
    Because we are concerned and care about our former players? And it's even current basketball relevant because it means he's off NBA live coverage?

Why is this not news?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Why is this news?
    Because it impacts a high profile announcing gig for a beloved Dukie.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Because it impacts a high profile announcing gig for a beloved Dukie.
    And, it also underlines the concept that continued masking -indoors, in a crowd- of vaccinated folks is a good thing.
    Also, wasn't Mrs. Hank Aaron walking hand in hand with Aaron Judge at the All-Star Game preliminaries?

That’s really not true. One person getting a mild case isn’t evidence of anything. Lots of vaccinated and unvaccinated people get mild cases. The fact that one young healthy guy got a mild case tells us exactly nothing about the vaccines. The vaccines are great, but this case adds zero evidence to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    That’s really not true. One person getting a mild case isn’t evidence of anything. Lots of vaccinated and unvaccinated people get mild cases. The fact that one young healthy guy got a mild case tells us exactly nothing about the vaccines. The vaccines are great, but this case adds zero evidence to support that.
    I don't mean to speak for the original commenter, but I suspect the intent was to point out that these sorts on incidents are NOT evidence that the vaccine DOESN'T work.

I have heard people say "what's the point, vaccinated people can still get the virus, it doesn't work."

Regardless, I appreciate that we are all being incredibly careful about what this does or doesn't mean and about the language we use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Regardless, I appreciate that we are all being incredibly careful about what this does or doesn't mean and about the language we use.
    I'm sorry, is there something inherently wrong about using English on an English forum?

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    I'm sorry, is there something inherently wrong about using English on an English forum?
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Touché
    Je vois ce que vous avez fait.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Uh, yup.

Hopefully JWill’s COVID will be gone in some very short amount of time…say a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Like the U.S. Constitution, there is no official language on DBR. I will say, however, that the HTML support for French and Spanish accent marks is really poor.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hopefully JWill’s COVID will be gone in some very short amount of time…say a minute?
    Well, the 4,100,000 who have been killed by COVID-19, and the tens of millions more who quite possibly will have permanent negative health effects from it, wish they had recovered in a minute.

I hope you’re right about Jason Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Well, the 4,100,000 who have been killed by COVID-19, and the tens of millions more who quite possibly will have permanent negative health effects from it, wish they had recovered in a minute.

I hope you’re right about Jason Williams.
    Easy. I wished JWill a quick recovery - you know, “get well soon” - with a nod to perhaps his most famous Duke moment. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Bravo!