Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don’t foresee any wide scale long term need for 3D printers. But that’s okay. In the early 70’s, I didn’t foresee any wide scale long term need for home computers, so I turned down a good job with a leading computer company. So, everyone needs to start buying 3D printers.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I don’t foresee any wide scale long term need for 3D printers. But that’s okay. In the early 70’s, I didn’t foresee any wide scale long term need for home computers, so I turned down a good job with a leading computer company. So, everyone needs to start buying 3D printers.
    If we could easily turn the 3D printed stuff back into filament in the home, that would be perfect. Need some extra place settings? Print them up, then drop them (washed) into the recycler.

-jk

What do you need a 3D printer for? Thingiverse has the answers: https://www.thingiverse.com/

My son-in-law and daughter use it for all kinds of things. Connectors for Duplo to Thomas track. Duplo train tracks. Hot Wheels track adapters and connectors to Duplo. Custom Duplo parts. Custom Thomas train parts. Battery holders for rechargeable batteries in AA and AAA printed in different colors for charged and spent. Battery adapters to make AA become C. There's a wealth of things to print for young kids! We've also done things for adults, like custom mounts and holders for power supplies and electronics.

Thanks to this thread, I'm getting constant notifications from Amazon for printer filament.