Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2291
    That was a good win against a very aggressive and physical Miami team playing at home - a team that beat a ranked Geogia Tech team their last time out by wearing them down. I was proud of how our team fought, rebounded, and stayed connected on defense and offense the entire game.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Goodchild led Duke in both scoring and rebounding, with 17 and seven. When has that ever happened?
    It seemed like she got every defensive rebound in the first half. Not sure how it was only seven.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Will watch a replay in a bit, but two things jump out of the box score.

1. Goodchild led Duke in both scoring and rebounding, with 17 and seven. When has that ever happened?

2. Miami shot 31 percent from the field, and got only .731 PPP. That looks, on paper, like elite defense by Duke—although I suppose it’s possible that the Canes’ O just stunk worse than ours.
    I'd call it a little of both. Some of it for sure was our D, but both teams had their share of missed "easy" shots. Miami also had 3 games in 5 days, so I think they were as tired as we were, and it showed when it came to shooting.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd call it a little of both. Some of it for sure was our D, but both teams had their share of missed "easy" shots. Miami also had 3 games in 5 days, so I think they were as tired as we were, and it showed when it came to shooting.
    Miami played at home Sunday and today. Duke was the team that had to hit the road on a short turnaround.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Miami played at home Sunday and today. Duke was the team that had to hit the road on a short turnaround.
    Yep, but it still takes a toll. I'm very happy that this game got rescheduled/played and our women got to fly home as winners! Hopefully we'll be on a winning streak when we take on the Heels in a week.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This team is still (obviously) a work in progress, but every win we pick up is one step closer to march, and where we want to be.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    not that anyone gonna feel bad about it, but uconn got spat out by unranked oregon tonight, after losing starting guard chrystin williams to covid. With 2 serviceable guards, neither of whom were starting a couple weeks ago, they couldn't get anything going.
    Yeah, boo-hoo. Those 2 "servicable" guards were ranked #2 and #5 overall in their classes. Another starter was ranked #5 in hers. The other players are international so no high school ranking, but all played for their national teams, and Juhasz transferred in as a two-time first-team Big 10 player.

All but about 5 other schools would like to be in Geno's predicament.

1. Goodchild led Duke in both scoring and rebounding, with 17 and seven. When has that ever happened?
    She's actually led the team in rebounding 3 times this year. That says a lot about her effort...and a lot about our frontcourt.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Having score 37 points in the first three quarters, State scores 31 points in the 4th to beat Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Having score 37 points in the first three quarters, State scores 31 points in the 4th to beat Louisville.
    I turned the game off at halftime because I didn’t see a way back for state. They were being out-hustled, out-fought, and out-executed. Guess I’ll have to watch a replay.

Not sure what I think of Crème as an evaluator, but FWIW he has Shy at number four on his list of the top ten freshmen.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...eshmen-country

I turned the game off at halftime because I didn’t see a way back for state. They were being out-hustled, out-fought, and out-executed. Guess I’ll have to watch a replay.
    Games are four r quarters for a reason. Just ask UNC football. If you quit to early, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Sounds like a wild game. I didn't watch but it looks like Louisville shut down State's Cunane with only 2 points in the first half, but then she came alive with 13 in the second half. Trailing by 14 after 3 quarters, State won going away by 9, 68-59.

Just domination in the 4th by State, the shooting got going, and the defense got tight, and well, State is too good to hold down like that for four quarters. That is one scary team.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Sounds like a wild game. I didn't watch but it looks like Louisville shut down State's Cunane with only 2 points in the first half, but then she came alive with 13 in the second half. Trailing by 14 after 3 quarters, State won going away by 9, 68-59.
    Louisville played such a fourth quarter that the announcers messed up and called their coach Mack Brown.

Yep, the number three team in the country actually was outscored 31-4. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it and even then I'm not sure. Once the Pack got going Louisville simply unraveled. They couldn't do anything right.

As an aside, Miami just beat FSU at FSU for the first time since 2014.

Yep, the number three team in the country actually was outscored 31-4. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it and even then I'm not sure. Once the Pack got going Louisville simply unraveled. They couldn't do anything right.

State is 5-1 against the Top 10 this season.

Not sure what I think of Crème as an evaluator, but FWIW he has Shy at number four on his list of the top ten freshmen.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...eshmen-country
    Gotta be right once in a while.

I think that Louisville at NCSU was the most amazing game I've seen this season, either men's or women's.

It may be a very down season for ACC men's basketball but it's a very up season for ACC women's basketball with many highly watchable games.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I think that Louisville at NCSU was the most amazing game I've seen this season, either men's or women's.

It may be a very down season for ACC men's basketball but it's a very up season for ACC women's basketball with many highly watchable games.
    NCSU's next game is Sunday against #19 Virginia Tech and Center Elizabeth Kitley, who is currently second in both scoring and rebounding in the ACC. It should be a classic confrontation between State's Elissa Cunane (10th in scoring, 5th in rebounding) and Kitley. The game is at 4pm ET on ACCN, right before Duke's game with Virginia at 6pm ET.