Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2291
    Duke had 7 TOs in the first period.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

A nice little run, coupled with Cuse going cold, has Duke up by 6, 28-22.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke had 7 TOs in the first period.
    Typical start, unfortunately. They've also given up 11 offensive rebounds. Fortunately Syracuse is cold from the field at 29%. Duke leads 28-22.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Lid View Post
    I’m in Durham but getting a message that the game is blacked out on the ESPN app. Anyone else in this boat? Seems odd.
    Repeating (from football and MBB threads)

If you live in the ACC footprint, and do not have a cable account that includes a regional sport network (recently bought from Fox and renamed Bally), you will not get the game (legally) live. You will need to wait until the replay to see the game. That’s a decision that the ACC and ESPN made when they signed the broadcast rights contract.

Taylor down hard on a cross-court tackle. Looks like a possible shoulder separation/injury.

ETA: they’re reviewing it as a flagrant foul, although I saw it as a basketball play, going for the ball.

Rice of Syracuse levels Taylor with a hard running bodyblock and then, while Taylor is writhing on the floor in agony, walks off the court with a smirk. That ought to be a disqualification foul IMO.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Repeating (from football and MBB threads)

If you live in the ACC footprint, and do not have a cable account that includes a regional sport network (recently bought from Fox and renamed Bally), you will not get the game (legally) live. You will need to wait until the replay to see the game. That’s a decision that the ACC and ESPN made when they signed the broadcast rights contract.
    Yep. I use a VPN and am watching from "Chicago". Even though Hulu does not carry Bally sports, for whatever reason I can still watch the stream which is broadcast by Bally with my Hulu login. (Going through the ESPN site, of course.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Rice's foul on Taylor may not have been intentional but may have been reckless. Nonetheless, Taylor may be out for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Rice of Syracuse levels Taylor with a hard running bodyblock and then, while Taylor is writhing on the floor in agony, walks off the court with a smirk. That ought to be a disqualification foul IMO.
    Flagrant for excessive force. Goodchild makes one of two and Duke comes up empty on the ensuing possession.

23-10 second quarter sends Duke to the locker room up a dozen. Cuse’s only post presence has three fouls. Volker has three for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Rice's foul on Taylor may not have been intentional but may have been reckless. Nonetheless, Taylor may be out for the game.
    I hope "out for the game" is the end of it.

A good quarter 23-10 with only 1 turnover and only 1 offensive rebound by Syracuse. Leading 40-28 at the half.

Correction: Day-Wilson has 8 points, all in the 1st quarter. Duke shooting well, 43.3% with 40% from 3.

Much better description of the play than mine. The recklessness is what earned it an Flagrant.

Taylor out on the court with her arm in a sling. No doubt a separated shoulder.

Reckless at a minimum. Taylor had stopped and turned to receive the pass, so she could not see Rice approaching. Rice could clearly see Taylor and certainly had to know she was going to collide; but she nonetheless continued closing at full speed. IMO, this collision -- and the resulting injury -- could have been avoided with the exercise of reasonable care by the only player who could foresee it. In a case like this, I believe the rules should require that the player who caused the avoidable injury be disqualified from play until the injured player is able to return.

Lead is down to 5.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Miela hits 2 threes in a row. Lead back to 9.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Good surge before the end of Q3, lead back to 11.

Quarter of runs. Duke answers Cuse’s 11-2 with a 10-2.

Duke leads 59-48 after 3. Balogun has yet to scratch.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Akinbode-James has 16 points. Wow.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide