Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post

Will have to stay and root for the Horned Frogs in the second game. They’re playing the Cheats.
    Is that legal? I thought it only worked the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is that legal? I thought it only worked the other way around.
    Not illegal as far as I know, although the Texas Legislature is being called back for another special session this fall, so that could change.

As Duke fans, we’re expected to be “better than that.” I’m not, and I make no apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Not illegal as far as I know, although the Texas Legislature is being called back for another special session this fall, so that could change.

As Duke fans, we’re expected to be “better than that.” I’m not, and I make no apologies.
    I'm pretty sure it's written in the Constitution that Tar Heels can stick around to root against Duke, but the contrapositive is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's written in the Constitution that Tar Heels can stick around to root against Duke, but the contrapositive is illegal.
    Oh my, did you see the screen shot on last Friday's lamentable game: "Duke vs. Charlotte -- A Tar Heel Classic." Someone was having some fun at our expense.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    The Thursday/Sunday consistency is nice, although I know a few of those games I'll be swapping back and forth between DWBB and the Panthers/other NFL games of interest. (On both days, sigh)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The Thursday/Sunday consistency is nice, although I know a few of those games I'll be swapping back and forth between DWBB and the Panthers/other NFL games of interest. (On both days, sigh)
    I believe some of the dates and times will get changed for TV coverage, in the week of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I believe some of the dates and times will get changed for TV coverage, in the week of those games.
    You mean the NFL is going to re-schedule some Panthers games so as not to conflict with DWBB? Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    You mean the NFL is going to re-schedule some Panthers games so as not to conflict with DWBB? Awesome!
    Sure... I think DWBB will be "must-see" TV!

A Sunday 1pm game at Penn is nice for those in the PHL area, good cheesesteak opportunity.

Sure... I think DWBB will be "must-see" TV!
    I mean, if you can't actually be there, sure...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    While that might be ideal for folks at home, it wouldn't be so hot for a ticket holder that is making plans on being there. (I'm talking about if they change the date/time less than 2 or three weeks out.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    While that might be ideal for folks at home, it wouldn't be so hot for a ticket holder that is making plans on being there. (I'm talking about if they change the date/time less than 2 or three weeks out.)
    Maybe it is different this year, but in years past, any changes to game times have generally been made farther ahead than the week of the game. Usually 2 weeks or more ahead, with some rare exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    A Sunday 1pm game at Penn is nice for those in the PHL area, good cheesesteak opportunity.
    That game will be at the Palestra, on Penn's campus in West Philly. I'm no longer a local, but the best cheese steaks are in South Philly... although there could be authentic sandwich shops on campus if you know the area.

Jordyn Oliver to miss season with Achilles injury.

https://goduke.com/news/2021/9/17/wo...es-injury.aspx

That game will be at the Palestra, on Penn's campus in West Philly. I'm no longer a local, but the best cheese steaks are in South Philly... although there could be authentic sandwich shops on campus if you know the area.
    yes, I spent two years there, though I suspect some of my haunts no longer exist...it did seem though that just about any self respecting pizza joint in town put together a good cheesesteak, since they all had access to the most important ingredient, the hallowed Amoroso roll...you can't make a passable cheesesteak without a proper Philly Italian roll, IMO.

I used to like Jim's on South St...and there were a few shops out near 40th St. in which I spent WAY too much time...whoa, just Googled my old haunt, Koch's Deli on Locust at 43rd, can't believe it's still there, what a place.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Jordyn Oliver to miss season with Achilles injury.

https://goduke.com/news/2021/9/17/wo...es-injury.aspx
    Chronicle article on the loss - terrible news for Jordyn and the team.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...chilles-injury
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just about any self respecting pizza joint in town put together a good cheesesteak, since they all had access to the most important ingredient, the hallowed Amoroso roll...you can't make a passable cheesesteak without a proper Philly Italian roll, IMO.
    ^100% correct... its all about the roll... legend has it that the magic is in the starter dough and yeast... and also the local water. You can't make the same rolls anywhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Chronicle article on the loss - terrible news for Jordyn and the team.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...chilles-injury
    Bummer... a McDonald’s and Jordan Brand All-American (2019) and USA Basketball Gold Medalist (2017)... she's a Junior and would redshirt the year, so maybe two more years left.

TCU athletics website says Maggie Dixon Classic tickets go on sale at 8:00 a.m. Central time on 11/6.

Marking my calendar.