Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,291 of 2291
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Lawson has hired Georgia Associate HC Karen Lange to be an assistant.

Lange played a crucial role in developing Georgia's guards over the last seven years - a group that finished near the top of the SEC in assists and among the league's best in assist-to-turnover ratio in each of her years. She helped lead the Bulldogs to a second-place ledger in the 2017-18 SEC standings and a spot in the 2021 SEC Tournament finals.

https://goduke.com/news/2022/4/13/wo...ant-coach.aspx
    This is good news since ball security was Duke's biggest deficiency this year. The coaches should stress basic fundamentals such as ball handling, passing, shooting and rebounding before anything else. Maybe it was the make-up of the team, which will change, but the coaching seems to have neglected this.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    None of our guys are gonna de-commit. Also Janiah Barker has already de-committed from Georgia weeks ago, so apples and oranges.
    I know they aren't, there's just an irony in thinking about how it could happen with a new coach coming in to go along with some freaking out from the Nolan thread and him leaving.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    This is good news since ball security was Duke's biggest deficiency this year. The coaches should stress basic fundamentals such as ball handling, passing, shooting and rebounding before anything else. Maybe it was the make-up of the team, which will change, but the coaching seems to have neglected this.
    I don't know all the staff positions well, but obviously Kara was an elite PG and it looks like Lange was too. (Played next to new colleague Tia Jackson in fact.)
    So the question remains...which past PG coaches our bigs? Is Wojo free?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I don't know all the staff positions well, but obviously Kara was an elite PG and it looks like Lange was too. (Played next to new colleague Tia Jackson in fact.)
    So the question remains...which past PG coaches our bigs? Is Wojo free?
    I would like to see what happens when we have solid (not great) bigs to work with. I'm not convinced that we have a coaching problem with the bigs.

I know they aren't, there's just an irony in thinking about how it could happen with a new coach coming in to go along with some freaking out from the Nolan thread and him leaving.
    C'mon CB&B, you've been around for a while. You're gonna worry about some "freaking out" on an internet forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladeeeda View Post
    I would like to see what happens when we have solid (not great) bigs to work with. I'm not convinced that we have a coaching problem with the bigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    C'mon CB&B, you've been around for a while. You're gonna worry about some "freaking out" on an internet forum?
    dd84 gets it

I just saw that the heels got a commitment from the #3 player for next year, a 6’3” stretch center. We sure need to crank up our recruiting game.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

There is sooo much talent in the portal, with 2+ weeks still to declare. Will be exciting (I hope) to see who we can get.

The no-sit rule is the biggest thing to happen in CBB since the 3-point line.

BTW, Onome, Miela, and Celeste made the ACC All-Academic team. Congrats, ladies!

Edit: Appears we just added a 6-3 player from Tulane, averaged 8.6 points and 5.9 rebounds. Looks like about the same as we had this year, not an upgrade. I hope she proves me wrong.
    Last edited by dudog84; 04-14-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Anyone else think it's time to start a 2022-23 thread?

According to this morning’s Austin paper, a 6-4 rising soph post player at UT has entered the portal. She’s from Toronto and originally committed to Syracuse … gee, where have we heard that before?

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    According to this morning’s Austin paper, a 6-4 rising soph post player at UT has entered the portal. She’s from Toronto and originally committed to Syracuse … gee, where have we heard that before?
    Enjoy this video of her and Shy interviewed together in high school:

And with that, I decree it's time to put last season behind us and I'll start the new thread.