Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I used to order potato wedges and mashed potatoes... and I would dip the wedges in the mashed so I could eat potatoes with my potatoes.
    My daughter likes to make “mashed potato sandwiches” where she piles her mashed potatoes into a dinner roll. The guy who invented the Atkins diet is probably spinning in his grave reading this thread.

Seriously though, why hasn't Joey signed an NIL deal with a local bakery? It feels like a natural fit given his name.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    My daughter likes to make “mashed potato sandwiches” where she piles her mashed potatoes into a dinner roll. The guy who invented the Atkins diet is probably spinning in his grave reading this thread.
    My grandmother made wonderful bean soup every time she baked a ham. After several re-heating of the big pot, it got so thick she would make bean souo sandwiches. Yummmm.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    oooo them's fightin' words!
    Yeah, in the chicken wars, Bojangles > KFC in a landslide. Mainly because KFC sux. The only unforgivable sin in the fried chicken biz is to undercook IMO. I don’t want to see even a slightly reddish hew around the marrow when I chomp down on my drumstick. KFC Is nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Yeah, in the chicken wars, Bojangles > KFC in a landslide. Mainly because KFC sux. The only unforgivable sin in the fried chicken biz is to undercook IMO. I don’t want to see even a slightly reddish hew around the marrow when I chomp down on my drumstick. KFC Is nasty.
    Right on. My list in order of acceptability:

1) Zaxbys. Emphasis on their salads
    2) Chick-Fil-A
    3) Popeyes
    4) Other including Bo’s
    5) Waste Dumpster behind any of the above
    6) KFC

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    The only unforgivable sin in the fried chicken biz is to undercook IMO.
    chicken.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post

2) Chick-Fil-A
    3) Popeyes
    4) Other including Bo’s
    6) KFC
    Ukrop’s by a mile over all of them.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I thought Ukrop was bought out by a bigger chain. Plus they were in VA not NC.

Soon, you will be able to add Royal Farms to the list of (supposedly) good fried chicken in North Carolina when they expand to here. I haven’t had their food, but it has a good rep for a convenience store (damning with faint praise there.)

Cracker Barrel has really good fried chicken. I used to dread the inevitable CB visit with every visit to my Dad’s but they added fried chicken a couple years ago and now I almost look forward to it. Not sure NIL marketing really serves their demographic tho.

Tried Cracker Barrel fried chicken in Tennessee Sunday. It was horrible. Seriously overcooked to the point of being impossible to chew. Ate my veggies, left the chicken. I had been looking forward to their chicken. Probably won’t try it again.

Off subject, but a meat/potatoes question about NIL.

What’s the current rule in regards to boosters and NIL?

If I’m a rich Duke alum, can I hire a potential Duke player to do some appearances for my company with the understanding that the payments stop if he should sign elsewhere? Can my payments be based on performance—as in, make All-ACC, I’ll pay an extra $100k for your photo for my office lobby? It does look like some schools are contracting for all of their players (eg, GTech and Tivo), which strikes me as a big deal in regards to recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I thought Ukrop was bought out by a bigger chain. Plus they were in VA not NC.

Soon, you will be able to add Royal Farms to the list of (supposedly) good fried chicken in North Carolina when they expand to here. I haven’t had their food, but it has a good rep for a convenience store (damning with faint praise there.)
    It’s back, sorta. They kept their catering business alive and still make prepared foods for sale by other grocers. They recently opened a “Food Hall“ in the near West End where you can buy their best prepared foods, including fried chicken. Can also get the fried chicken through catering.

NIL Event Benefitting Athletes and Boys and Girls Club

This Mark Cuban(IU Business Alum)-sponsored NIL event sounds like fun for the fans, with players and the Bloomington Boys and Girls Club benefitting.

https://247sports.com/college/indian...all-172882393/
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post

2) Chick-Fil-A
    3) Popeyes
    4) Other including Bo’s
    6) KFC
    You forgot Cane’s which is the true #1.

Response to off-topic comment from the Savarino/Banchero DWI Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I didn't realize players just have tickets they can give to anybody they want, but I guess they do behind their bench.
    Hmmm, does that mean that the NIL rules now allow players to sell their game tickets (or trade them for something of value)?

If so, I would gladly loan my 2017 Kia Sportage (SX Turbo model!) to Spencer Hubbard in exchange for tix to the UNC game. Not enticing enough? Perhaps I should add that I recently "customized" the car by unclogging the AC drain. As a result, water no longer pools on the passenger side floormat when the air conditioner is running.

On a more serious note, if players are now allowed to sell their game tickets and gear, does this open a potential revenue stream for less famous players that is somewhat decoupled from the player's individual marketability? For example, assuming that they both get tickets to the same games, Paolo's tickets probably aren't worth significantly more than Spencer's - at least not to the same extent that Paolo's endorsement or autograph is worth way more than Spencer's.

I doubt any major corporations are clamoring to cut lucrative NIL deals with Spencer, but I suspect he could get some decent pocket change from selling game tickets and all the free stuff he gets from Nike. The clothes he gets might even be in sizes that normal humans could wear!

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Hmmm, does that mean that the NIL rules now allow players to sell their game tickets (or trade them for something of value)?

If so, I would gladly loan my 2017 Kia Sportage (SX Turbo model!) to Spencer Hubbard in exchange for tix to the UNC game. Not enticing enough? Perhaps I should add that I recently "customized" the car by unclogging the AC drain. As a result, water no longer pools on the passenger side floormat when the air conditioner is running.

On a more serious note, if players are now allowed to sell their game tickets and gear, does this open a potential revenue stream for less famous players that is somewhat decoupled from the player's individual marketability? For example, assuming that they both get tickets to the same games, Paolo's tickets probably aren't worth significantly more than Spencer's - at least not to the same extent that Paolo's endorsement or autograph is worth way more than Spencer's.

I doubt any major corporations are clamoring to cut lucrative NIL deals with Spencer, but I suspect he could get some decent pocket change from selling game tickets and all the free stuff he gets from Nike. The clothes he gets might even be in sizes that normal humans could wear!
    I think Duke restricts players from using Duke for NIL stuff. So a no to reselling tix.

But it's a fluid situation; who knows what the rule will be next week or next month.

-jk

This might have been buried in the DWI thread but probably has more interest/applicability here. Article discusses the arrangement Paulo has w/ Dreamworks Motorsports, the company that titled the vehicle in his name as part of a deal CAA arranged for Paulo.

It looks like Dreamworks is very well-establish in the pro athlete world w/ particular ins in the UNC/Duke-turned-pro clientele. Interesting scrolling through their list of athlete clients. Coach K is listed. Unfortunately, they don't have pictures of his customized ride!

Are all NCAA NIL deals reported and public? Seems pretty quiet unless it’s all being done on the down low for some reason. If I’m paying someone for their name, image or likeness, I think I would want people to know it. Also programs should be using their team’s NIL deals for recruiting. So are college athletes getting millions thrown at them or was it a lot of hoopla over nothing?

For instance, could Wendell’s NIL money enough be enough for him to consider a senior year even if his draft position is maxed out this year?

Remy Martin of Kansas apparently has a line of liquor named after him. Saw it last time I was in the ABC.

Sorry if I missed it, but doesn't NIL offer a chance to save the big name bowls? Offer the players big endorsement deals for playing in the game, with winners getting the big prize. Top players will quit sitting out as frequently and some meaning will return to the games for the players (and once they become competitive again, there will be meaning again for the fans). I'm sure I'm missing something obvious (and apologies if something like this was already discussed!).