Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1523
    McCain recently posted one of those silly dance videos with RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish and Trevor Keels who were on campus. Not really my thing but it was cool to see the Brotherhood having fun together.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    McCain recently posted one of those silly dance videos with RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish and Trevor Keels who were on campus. Not really my thing but it was cool to see the Brotherhood having fun together.
    As silly as it sounds, the three NBA players (one of whom is the face of a storied franchise) we’re likely quite excited to enhance their brands by being associated with the high schooler who hasn’t even started playing college ball yet.

That is how big Jared’s TikTok brand is.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As silly as it sounds, the three NBA players (one of whom is the face of a storied franchise) we’re likely quite excited to enhance their brands by being associated with the high schooler who hasn’t even started playing college ball yet.

That is how big Jared’s TikTok brand is.
    It's worth noting that Jared lives in California and NIL laws for high schoolers are not necessarily uniform at this point in time:
    HSMap_081722-980x551.jpg
    Source: https://biz.opendorse.com/blog/nil-high-school/

NY and CA are the two most populous states where it's permitted, while Texas and FL lead the large states where it's prohibited. Of course, one can still gather a following on TikTok in TX and FL still but cannot fully monetize that following.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    It's worth noting that Jared lives in California and NIL laws for high schoolers are not necessarily uniform at this point in time:
    HSMap_081722-980x551.jpg
    Source: https://biz.opendorse.com/blog/nil-high-school/

NY and CA are the two most populous states where it's permitted, while Texas and FL lead the large states where it's prohibited. Of course, one can still gather a following on TikTok in TX and FL still but cannot fully monetize that following.
    I'm a recent, somewhat reluctant, convert to NIL. I hope the young man makes some money with this.

As an old guy, I can say that I have never viewed TikTok and have little interest in watching people dance. Good for him. He seems to be a good kid.

The thing about getting an online following on a video platform is that it’s just a ton of luck. Sure there are instances where the talent is there but the overwhelming majority of viral YouTubers/tiktokers/etc are just straight lucky. Ryan’s world vs Blippi are good examples. Literally anyone can do what Ryan’s parents did in their videos with him. Blippi actually brought talent to the table and his videos were fantastic. My kids watched both but the value of the content was way different.

I haven’t seen this before. On3db purports to give average NIL numbers for each NCAA school for basketball. The number for Duke is $477 K. For UK it’s $438 K. For UNC it’s $244 K. It’s $10.8 K for U.Va. Supposedly, it’s only $34 K for Kansas. Where are they getting these numbers from? How accurate can they be. Certainly, the number for Kansas can’t be right.

In football the number for Duke is $8.6 K. It’s $71 K for Clemson, $129 K for Alabama and $247 K for Texas. If that’s accurate, Texas certainly isn’t getting its money’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I haven’t seen this before. On3db purports to give average NIL numbers for each NCAA school for basketball. The number for Duke is $477 K. For UK it’s $438 K. For UNC it’s $244 K. It’s $10.8 K for U.Va. Supposedly, it’s only $34 K for Kansas. Where are they getting these numbers from? How accurate can they be. Certainly, the number for Kansas can’t be right.

In football the number for Duke is $8.6 K. It’s $71 K for Clemson, $129 K for Alabama and $247 K for Texas. If that’s accurate, Texas certainly isn’t getting its money’s worth.
    What do those supposed numbers represent? Is that the sport total?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What do those supposed numbers represent? Is that the sport total?
    No, per player. I have no idea how accruate though.

Here's more:
    https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-o...er-post-value/

Here's more:
    Here's what they say about their methodology at the link provided:
    A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation calculates an athlete’s NIL value using dynamic data points targeting three primary categories:

+ Performance
    + Influence
    + Exposure

While the algorithm includes deal data, it does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals athletes have completed to date, nor does it set an athlete’s NIL valuation for their entire career. The On3 NIL Valuation calculates the optimized NIL opportunity for athletes relative to the overall NIL market and projects out to as long as 12 months into the future.

Here's more:
    Without more hard evidence, I find these numbers hard to believe. There are too many non-stars for the stars to raise the average to this level. That would mean Basketball players got in excess of $6.5 million in NIL money to reach the $477k number. We shall see.
    Last edited by Indoor66; 09-26-2022 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Add numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Without more hard evidence, I find these numbers hard to believe. There are too many non-stars for the stars to raise the average to this level. We shall see.
    Yes it definitely lacks evidence but I think is more about POTENTIAL than ACTUAL NIL Deals (as it states they're not tracking actual deals as it can't since they're not public). Having said that, you have deals like all of Texas' offensive linemen (who aren't "stars") getting $50k/year from a local non-profit (these exact funds are funded by UT alumni/boosters). And that is ONE deal. Not hard to believe they're getting 20+ deals a year easy. Not saying they're all $50k though. And given the top guy in some of these places is probably getting $2M-$3M (top school QBs/RBs, Bacot, Tshiebwe), the "average" is getting pulled up (not a median figure).

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Here's what they say about their methodology at the link provided:
    Weird. It's almost as though the intentionally chose an entirely subjective methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Weird. It's almost as though the intentionally chose an entirely subjective methodology.
    yes. i think the methodology here is "we pulled it out of our rear end"

There simply isn't enough public data on NIL deals to model this with any accuracy whatsoever.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    yes. i think the methodology here is "we pulled it out of our rear end"

There simply isn't enough public data on NIL deals to model this with any accuracy whatsoever.
    It seems highly unlikely that Duke basketball has nearly twice the value of UNC from an individual player marketing POV. But, again, when the methodology is entirely subjective, it's difficult to argue with.

I guess.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    When QBs make more money than the coaches. This is what schools are facing these days.

North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye apparently received two offers worth $5 million each to transfer, according to University of Pittsburgh head coach Pat Narduzzi.

Narduzzi made his comments Tuesday during an appearance on 93.7 The Fan’s “The PM Team with Poni & Mueller.”

“I heard $5 million,” Narduzzi said. “I heard two schools [for] $5 million [each].

“I know the schools. I can’t tell you, but I know the schools too.”
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/pitt-c...sfer/20637651/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    When QBs make more money than the coaches. This is what schools are facing these days.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/pitt-c...sfer/20637651/
    Well, that happens in the NFL...

We might as well call these guys professionals though and quit the mirage.

As an aside, $5M for Drake Maye? Really? He's solid but not THAT solid. Although maybe I am biased against anybody on the Cheats...

Well, that happens in the NFL...

We might as well call these guys professionals though and quit the mirage.

As an aside, $5M for Drake Maye? Really? He's solid but not THAT solid. Although maybe I am biased against anybody on the Cheats...
    Riley Leonard is viewed as a step below but very good- he could be offered 1-2M if that is Maye’s number.

Putting aside my hatred towards the CHeats, he’ll be a potential preseason Heisman candidate and there are plenty of schools with rich alums. The number seems high but not out of the question.

I’m curious how the market will eventually stabilize. Alabama’s backup QB reportedly got a seven figure deal. Basketball player Nigel Pack for Miami got $800k for two years. Eventually donors will either decide it’s not worth it OR decide it’s totally worth it and continue to up the ante.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

I’m curious how the market will eventually stabilize. .
    By that time, Duke football and the ACC as a major conference will be extinct. Enjoy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I wonder what the Carolina counter offer was that got him to stay. Mack left that part out.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."