Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    That’s an awesome backstory. Do you still guide? I’d be afraid to turn a passion into a job. It might make a great life, it might make you less passionate.
    Full time for 33 years. Still enjoy it everyday.

Optical Shop

I wonder how much of the lens technology of the major brands is real and how much is hype.

Anyone have experience with just going to an optical shop or say department at Costco or some other place, picking a frame, and then lenses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I wonder how much of the lens technology of the major brands is real and how much is hype.

Anyone have experience with just going to an optical shop or say department at Costco or some other place, picking a frame, and then lenses.

Thanks
    Are you asking about regular sunglasses, regular prescription glasses, or prescription sunglasses?

Or all of the above?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

Thanks
    I have precious few glasses, but I've done the Costco thing with great success. My wife has done lots of business with Eye Buy Direct. Most of the major optical chains are owned by Luxottica, and you pay dearly for doing business with them compared with alternatives. Luxottica owns, among others, Lenscrafter, Pearle Vision, Oakley, Ray Ban and many others. This is why there's a huge price opportunity for companies (on-line) like Warby Parker and Eye Buy Direct. A very bad cases (for consumers) of corporate consolidation.

Looking for

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Are you asking about regular sunglasses, regular prescription glasses, or prescription sunglasses?

Or all of the above?

-jk
    Prescription sunglasses.

Thanks

Finally

Just went to Costco. Sure I will like then. Just could not bring myself to pay Maui Jims in prescription etc.