Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I don't understand the general opinion of this board that Quin has interest in coaching. Has there been any evidence of this? Or do we all just think fondly of him and his leadership?
    I think it's pretty clear that Quin has, and has had, tons of interest in coaching. However, getting him to leave his NBA perch and come work for Scheyer seems to be a longshot. Quinn, though, down the road, might consider it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Quin has, and has had, tons of interest in coaching. However, getting him to leave his NBA perch and come work for Scheyer seems to be a longshot. Quinn, though, down the road, might consider it.
    Ouch. Hoisted by my own petard.

Notions of Snyder coming to Duke as an assistant coach are right up there with Peyton Manning becoming Duke football's offensive coordinator when it comes to plausibility and lack thereof.

There is a big Seth Davis/Brendan Marks article in the Athletic ($) today about the process from when K made the announcement to when Scheyer was named.
    https://theathletic.com/2658754/2021...shared_article

At a staff meeting, K told Scheyer, Smith and C-Well. As the group absorbed the epic news in stunned silence, C-Well broke the tension with,

“I believe our next coach is in this room.”

When Scheyer was eventually named head coach, he and his wife drove over to C-Well's house...

"Carrawell’s house is in the same neighborhood as the Scheyers’, so Jon and Marcelle drove over to deliver the news in person. Carrawell was on his way home from the dentist. When he pulled into the driveway, Jon and Marcelle faked disappointment, but Carrawell didn’t fall for the ruse. “They’re horrible actors,” he says. Jon then broke the news, whereupon Carrawell sprinted in circles around his front yard in delight."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Notions of Snyder coming to Duke as an assistant coach are right up there with Peyton Manning becoming Duke football's offensive coordinator when it comes to plausibility and lack thereof.
    misspelling's of Cook's first name aside, i don't think anyone is deluded otherwise.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    There is a big Seth Davis/Brendan Marks article in the Athletic ($) today about the process from when K made the announcement to when Scheyer was named.
    https://theathletic.com/2658754/2021...shared_article

At a staff meeting, K told Scheyer, Smith and C-Well. As the group absorbed the epic news in stunned silence, C-Well broke the tension with,

“I believe our next coach is in this room.”

When Scheyer was eventually named head coach, he and his wife drove over to C-Well's house...

"Carrawell’s house is in the same neighborhood as the Scheyers’, so Jon and Marcelle drove over to deliver the news in person. Carrawell was on his way home from the dentist. When he pulled into the driveway, Jon and Marcelle faked disappointment, but Carrawell didn’t fall for the ruse. “They’re horrible actors,” he says. Jon then broke the news, whereupon Carrawell sprinted in circles around his front yard in delight."
    Thanks for sharing that. Too bad that article is behind a pay wall. Maybe a video of C-Well running in circles celebrating is on youtube.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. Too bad that article is behind a pay wall. Maybe a video of C-Well running in circles celebrating is on youtube.
    To share without completely destroying their copywrite, K and Mrs. K went to Vegas right after the season and kind of made up their minds. K told Scheyer/Smith/C-Well in mid April. After C-Well's line, K said he was planning to talk to Scheyer about it privately. He was soon contacted by the search committee and had a series of Zoom interviews, but it sounds rough in that he'd have the inteview and then...radio silence for days. He finally got the big call from Nina King. Sounds like Tommy was the only other serious candidate and they would have asked him to quit Harvard and serve as an assistant for this last year. He didn't comment for the article but one assumes that with the way they wanted to handle the succession, Scheyer was the only choice.