Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
I love what quinn cook gave us in 2015, but i'm baffled at the fascination of bringing him in as a coach. While he was out of position as a PG, some of his biggest faults were not reacting well to changes in the defense. I still have nightmares of his constantly dribbling himself into a hole against the UL press. That is not a quality that screams to me "this guy NEEDS to be a coach on our bench." It was only when he was moved out of that role that he really succeeded (with a, forgive me, much more capable PG at the helm).

So if we're throwing out former players who we liked, why not tyler thorton, lance thomas, amile jefferson, andre dawkins, matt jones, and ryan kelly? All of whom I think exhibit at least as much "coach-y-ness" as Quinn.
I'm certainly not gonna write a guy off as a coach b/c of one game against a legit title contender. He's had PLENTY of time learning at a NBA level which undoubtedly makes college much easier.

And as Blue stated, he also brings in intangibles and an infectious attitude - and most importantly - youth. I can remember plenty of games where Nolan upset me but he was also brought along slowly (like most of our assistants) - and his title was "Special Assistant".

I wouldn't discount having KD, LeBron, and Steph Curry on speed dial...

Lastly, not all coaches are there for the X's and O's, they have other jobs such as scheduling workouts, training oversight, player scouting and recruiting - amongst other things.