Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 150
  1. #21
    Changing it up some -
    Westwood 3
    Koepka 5
    Streelman 2
    Finau 5
    Schauffele 6
    Rose 2
    Morikawa 7

    -2

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Team Tripping

    Schauffele 7
    Morikawa 7
    McIlroy 5
    Matsuyama 4
    Fleetwood 3
    Woodland 2
    Rose 2

    -5 total
    D’oh! I misread Xander as “7” rather than “6.7.” Still, my team is on the floor; I’ll play a point short.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Team CNC:

    Colin Morikawa: 7
    Brooks Koepka: 5
    Jordan Speith: 4
    Will Zalatoris: 3
    Phil Mickelson: 3
    Shane Lowry: 2
    Kevin Streelman: 2
    Charley Hoffman: 2
    Max Homa: 2

    Top score: -4

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Do any of you know how difficult the course is being set up? Most US Open courses are usually set up with deep rough, hard and fast greens. Of course the weather plays a big part in scores as well. Most golfers had rather play in the rain than play in high swirling wind.
    The rough is very difficult to deal with. The grass is different than most courses and really grabs at your club. Hitting in the rough puts you off schedule in the best of times before they prepare the course for the Open.

    The wind and cool damp air near the ocean is the other main challenge. It’s warmer than usual this week, but usually holes right on the bluffs play very different than the ones a bit more protected from the wind.

    The greens are not the hard and fast greens you see elsewhere.
    Carolina delenda est

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City

    Team Synellinden

    DeChambeau (6)

    Schauffele (6)

    Koepka (5)

    Spieth (4)

    Casey (4)

    Niemann (3)

    Woodland (2)


    Winning Score: -4
    Singler is IRON

    I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey

    Team Rich

    Rahm - 8
    Schauffele - 6
    DeChambeau - 6
    Koepka - 5
    Zalatoris - 3
    Streelman - 2

    Tiebreaker = -8
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    D’oh! I misread Xander as “7” rather than “6.7.” Still, my team is on the floor; I’ll play a point short.
    WOW ,, going for two majors in a row.. now with just 29 points.. I think this is comparable to Tiger and his leg at Torrey Pines in 2008 ..

    My putting too bad to leave a point on the board lol.

  8. #28
    Rahm. 8
    Morikawa. 7
    Mickelson. 3
    Koepka. 5
    Hovland. 5
    Si Woo Kim 2

    Winning score. -2

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    I missed the deadline on the PGA after doing really well at the Masters. Pretty sure I'm out of the running for the entire season already, so why not put up a poorly-chosen team for the US Open and watch how badly I crash and burn? I have nothing to lose. With that said, here is team rsv.

    Rahm 8

    Scheffler 4

    Simpson 5

    Fitzpatrick 4

    Im 3

    Rose 2

    Cink 2

    Garcia 2


    Winning score, -5.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Team Evans:

    See if you can guess how I picked them?

    Colin Morikawa (12th) - 7
    Brooks Koepka (168th) - 5
    Webb Simpson (8th) - 5
    Abraham Ancer (3rd) - 4
    Corey Connors (10th) - 3
    Kevin Kisner (11th) - 2
    Brendon Todd (1st) - 2
    Kevin Streelman (42nd) - 2

    Winning score: -4
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  11. #31
    1. JT (8)
    2. Bryson (6)
    3. Scheffler (4)
    4. Cameron Smith (3)
    5. Sungjae Im (3)
    6. Higgo (2)
    7. Justin Rose (2)
    8. Sam Burns (2)

    Winning Score: -5
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    The rough is very difficult to deal with. The grass is different than most courses and really grabs at your club. Hitting in the rough puts you off schedule in the best of times before they prepare the course for the Open.

    The wind and cool damp air near the ocean is the other main challenge. It’s warmer than usual this week, but usually holes right on the bluffs play very different than the ones a bit more protected from the wind.

    The greens are not the hard and fast greens you see elsewhere.
    Is it too late in the season for "June Gloom" to set in and reduce the visibility to almost nothing?

    I was playing at Torrey Pines, and there was a fog bank over the beach and just inland. The first guy in my foursome ted up his ball aiming at the ocean. I wish I had said, "Here, use this ball," and let him proceed.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Is it too late in the season for "June Gloom" to set in and reduce the visibility to almost nothing?

    I was playing at Torrey Pines, and there was a fog bank over the beach and just inland. The first guy in my foursome ted up his ball aiming at the ocean. I wish I had said, "Here, use this ball," and let him proceed.
    No. It’s prime June Gloom and coastal fog time with the cool moist ocean air hugging the coast and the hot inland air colliding. Monday I was driving home and there was a gigantic bank of fog funneling up the valley just north of the course. Think fog spreading through the golden gate, but up a valley instead.

    It is currently unusually hot inland, but still high 70s at the coast. I wouldn’t be surprised by some fog. It will probably burn off at some point, but for the holes closest to the ocean you never know.

  14. #34
    DeChambeau - 6
    Schauffele - 6
    Hatton - 5
    Koepka - 5
    Matsuyama - 4
    Berger - 4

    Winning score: -3

    I’m going back to my roots and picking only “value” picks where they round down.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Team Evans:

    See if you can guess how I picked them?

    Colin Morikawa (12th) - 7
    Brooks Koepka (168th) - 5
    Webb Simpson (8th) - 5
    Abraham Ancer (3rd) - 4
    Corey Connors (10th) - 3
    Kevin Kisner (11th) - 2
    Brendon Todd (1st) - 2
    Kevin Streelman (42nd) - 2

    Winning score: -4
    Driving accuracy?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Driving accuracy?
    Ooh. That would be a good metric. Or greens in regulation.
    Carolina delenda est

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Driving accuracy?
    Bingo! Kevin Streelman is 42nd in driving accuracy so I believe you nailed it.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    1. JT (8)
    2. Bryson (6)
    3. Scheffler (4)
    4. Cameron Smith (3)
    5. Sungjae Im (3)
    6. Higgo (2)
    7. Justin Rose (2)
    8. Sam Burns (2)

    Winning Score: -5
    Burns costs 3 so you are one over budget

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Bingo! Kevin Streelman is 42nd in driving accuracy so I believe you nailed it.
    I’m going on Friday and will be wearing my Duke shirt. Hoping to catch some of Streelman’s round. He’s going off 10 early on Friday. Let’s hope he’s in a nice position.
    Carolina delenda est

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’m going on Friday and will be wearing my Duke shirt. Hoping to catch some of Streelman’s round. He’s going off 10 early on Friday. Let’s hope he’s in a nice position.
    Streelman tees off #1 on Friday at 08:13 Pacific time.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

Similar Threads

  1. Degenerate Gamblers: 2021 PGA Championship
    By mkirsh in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 288
    Last Post: 05-28-2021, 08:53 PM
  2. Degenerate Gamblers for the 2020 Masters
    By sagegrouse in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 11-17-2020, 08:44 AM
  3. Degenerate Gamblers for the US Open
    By mkirsh in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 09-24-2020, 08:12 AM
  4. Degenerate gamblers for the FedEx Cup
    By CDu in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 09-08-2020, 02:04 PM
  5. Degenerate gamblers for the PGA
    By rasputin in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 08-16-2020, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •