Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I thought Torrey Pines rewarded those who had done well there before -- hence, Rahm, Reed, Leishman and Rose. Streels is my good luck charm. Finau and Rory were guesses. I was pleased with my picks -- the winner and four of the top 20. Alas, in this group of sharks that was only the middle of the pack. But -- hey -- I wasn't last!
    But Rose missed the cut!

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    But Rose missed the cut!
    No fooling -- previous winner Rahm won again and Reed was T-19. Leishman didn't do much and Rose was done after Friday play.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    No fooling -- previous winner Rahm won again and Reed was T-19. Leishman didn't do much and Rose was done after Friday play.
    In our house, Leishman is usually referred to as Frau Blucher.

Here's a "factor" that was going against Rahm...only Strange and Nicklaus have won the U.S. Open after winning the Memorial (you know what I mean).

Jason Day is leading the Travelers. Remember him? Remember when he was the next big thing? He hasn't won in 3 years. Bet you'd never guess how old he is...

Golf may be the cruelest sport.

BTW, Justin Rose is 2 shots back at -7, a week too late for a lot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Jason Day is leading the Travelers. Remember him? Remember when he was the next big thing? He hasn't won in 3 years. Bet you'd never guess how old he is...

Golf may be the cruelest sport.

BTW, Justin Rose is 2 shots back at -7, a week too late for a lot of us.
    Jason has had problems with his back and that has certainly affected his golfing career. The great Tiger Woods had back injuries that affected his career.

If anyone was thinking of taking 2021 Masters winner Hideki Matsuyama or 2012 and 2014 Masters winner Bubba Watson along with Matthew Wolff at the 2021 The Open Championship, a bit of free degenerate gambler’s advice for you: don’t.

All three have withdrawn from 2021’s last major golf tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    If anyone was thinking of taking 2021 Masters winner Hideki Matsuyama or 2012 and 2014 Masters winner Bubba Watson along with Matthew Wolff at the 2021 The Open Championship, a bit of free degenerate gambler’s advice for you: don’t.

Thanks for the post. It's too bad that the players you listed had to withdraw. I do note that one good thing comes out of this: the likeable Harold Varner is in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

As have Kevin Na (a couple of weeks ago) and, today, former Champion Golfer of the Year Zach Johnson.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    As have Kevin Na (a couple of weeks ago) and, today, former Champion Golfer of the Year Zach Johnson.
    Yep, just saw the news about Zach Johnson! Total bummer! 2007 Masters winner and 2015 The Open Championship winner (at The Old Course at St Andrews no less! That’s about as The Open Championship as the tournament gets).