Across the street from my office is a small movie theater, that for over a year has sat empty. The sign at some point changed from "closed" to "available for private showings" a few months ago, but mostly advertised for a larger theater in town that the same people own.
Last week, finally, those signs were replaced with "Now Showing" notices, and I saw a bus full of kids being unloaded for a matinee.

And then there's this bit of good news, as A Quiet Place Part II is turning a profit in the theaters.
Still, though, it made good money, and now it has continued to make money over the last few weeks. In fact, it has now much so much money that A Quiet Place Part II is officially the first movie to cross $100 million at the U.S. box office during “the pandemic era.”
So with things looking up, is there a chance we'll have a Winter contest this year? I haven't even looked to see what's coming out, and I know movies are still being shuffled to further dates, but I am guessing the competition will be normal enough to make it happen.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/quie...222400388.html