Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ugh...

Lots of talk today that Sony is about to move the release of Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage because of the pandemic. They may push it into October or perhaps January. Unlike Disney, Paramount, Universal, and WB, Sony does not have a convenient streaming outlet to push a film if in-person theater attendance dries up due to Delta.

Disney/Marvel's Shang Chi will really determine what Hollywood will do next. It opens in 3 weeks and if it fails to even reach $50 million in opening weekend boxoffice then I suspect we are going to see the distributors become very reluctant to put high-value films back into theaters.

Sigh...
    Moved, but not drastically.

Directed by Andy Serkis, Venom: Let There Be Carnage comes to theaters this fall. It was supposed to be in late September, but Variety reports the premiere date has moved to October 15, 2021. While there were a few brief rumblings about yet another delay—this time to 2022—carnage is indeed heading our way this year.
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/veno...142647287.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Directed by Andy Serkis! That's interesting.

I think we are gonna have real trouble doing the contest again this year. Films are still moving off the schedule in a big way (Top Gun: Maverick just moved to mid-2022) and it is clear that many folks are not willing to return to theaters.

Sigh…
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think we are gonna have real trouble doing the contest again this year. Films are still moving off the schedule in a big way (Top Gun: Maverick just moved to mid-2022) and it is clear that many folks are not willing to return to theaters.

Sigh…
    Wife and I decided to check out the movies again, on a Tuesday 1pm showing of Suicide Squad we were the only two there. Pretty safe
    But not a positive for the producers.

New contest. It's no longer the top 5,it's which movies actually make it into the theaters.