Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Between UVM and Middlebury, you’ve got plenty of high-quality lax practically in your back yard. If you don’t mind driving a bit farther, St. Lawrence and Clarkson provide plenty of opportunities to see D3 powers like RIT, Union, and Ithaca.
    Indeed...as the insanity Division I football increases, I had a big plan to start attending Middlebury football games, but The Corvid did that in...I am definitely going to see some lax games this Spring IF the virus is at bay...as you know, UVM was a very solid team last year...

Duke’s incoming transfers are rated number six by IL. The group includes two shorties, praise be, as well as Will Frisoli’s older brother, who had a solid career at Hahvahd.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-classes/58376

So long, Kyle Harrison. A great player (he single-handedly killed Duke in 2005 NCAA final), a mentor and role model for minorities in the sport(without him, there is no Myles Jones or Nakeie Montgomery), a consummate professional who brought it every weekend for 16 seasons, and by all accounts an all-around great guy.

There aren’t many like him. He will be missed.

Thanks and best wishes for whatever comes next, number 18.

So long, Kyle Harrison. A great player (he single-handedly killed Duke in 2005 NCAA final), a mentor and role model for minorities in the sport(without him, there is no Myles Jones or Nakeie Montgomery), a consummate professional who brought it every weekend for 16 seasons, and by all accounts an all-around great guy.

There aren’t many like him. He will be missed.

Thanks and best wishes for whatever comes next, number 18.
    I know you are right, and Harrison is a player deserving of respect and gratitude--and yet, he played for Hop in 2005. The memory of that day at the Linc is painful in the extreme. Shoulda, coulda, woulda....

IL’s initial list of the top 10 prospects in the high school class of 2023. One is the younger brother of a current Duke player, and Duke is said to have the inside track on another.

The insanity starts on Wednesday.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...529c0-56288745

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I know you are right, and Harrison is a player deserving of respect and gratitude--and yet, he played for Hop in 2005. The memory of that day at the Linc is painful in the extreme. Shoulda, coulda, woulda...
    I feel ya …

Ugh. Is the entire SU athletic department out of control?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...ed-abuse/58411

Welcome to Duke, Tomas Delgado

IL is reporting that Tomas Delgado, the number six player in the HS class of 2023 and the younger brother of current Duke player AJ Delgado, has verbal led to Duke.

Nice way to start a recruiting class.

IL is reporting that Tomas Delgado, the number six player in the HS class of 2023 and the younger brother of current Duke player AJ Delgado, has verbal led to Duke.

Nice way to start a recruiting class.
    Sweet. What position?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Sweet. What position?
    Midfield

Current UMass associate head coach Craig McDonald is the new head coach at Robert Morris.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...ad-coach/58456

Welcome to Duke, Benn Johnston

IL is reporting that midfielder Benn Johnston from Avon Old Farms School (CT), the number two recruit in the class of 2023, has verbaled to Duke.

Welcome to Duke, McCabe Millon

IL is reporting that attackman McCabe Millon (McDonough School, MD), the number one recruit in the high school class of 2023, has verballed to Duke.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...4a74b-56288745

IL is reporting that attackman McCabe Millon (McDonough School, MD), the number one recruit in the high school class of 2023, has verballed to Duke.

Wow! This is starting to sound like a decent class (understatement of the year).

Worth noting that McCabe is the son of two US Lacrosse Hall of Famers. His dad, Mark, was a three-time All-American at UMass before becoming the World Games MVP in 1994. Mark also runs probably the top instructional lacrosse camp in the country.

From the article: "While Duke's no stranger to landing five-star recruits, Millon's decision is obviously a massive addition to a class that went into the weekend with No. 2, No. 4 and No. 6 already on board, as midfielder Benn Johnston (Avon Old Farms, Conn.), LSM Mac Christmas (Georgetown Prep, Md.) and midfielder Tomas Delgado (Brunswick, Conn.) all picked the Blue Devils last month. A pair of 4-stars in goalie Patrick Jameison (Conestoga, Pa.) and face-off man Cal Girard (Manhasset, N.Y.) also hopped on board last month."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Damn...is Danowski sick of hearing about what a good recruiter Scheyer is? Let the good times roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Damn...is Danowski sick of hearing about what a good recruiter Scheyer is? Let the good times roll!
    I am a huge fan of Coach Danowski, both as a lacrosse coach and as a human being, and hope he stays around forever. That being said, I wonder what they tell recruits about succession. Coach Danowski will turn 73 at the start of Millon's senior year. He seems very youthful for his age. But I assume the question of "will you be coaching me for four years" has to come up. Given our recruiting success, they are clearly giving a satisfactory answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I am a huge fan of Coach Danowski, both as a lacrosse coach and as a human being, and hope he stays around forever. That being said, I wonder what they tell recruits about succession. Coach Danowski will turn 73 at the start of Millon's senior year. He seems very youthful for his age. But I assume the question of "will you be coaching me for four years" has to come up. Given our recruiting success, they are clearly giving a satisfactory answer.
    I've had some lengthy chats with Coach Danowski, and as you say, he is one impressive guy. I don't think I ever heard a word of coachspeak from him.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I wonder if Duke will ultimately turn the keys over to his son, the Duke All American and current offensive coordinator.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide