Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    IL is reporting that attackman McCabe Millon (McDonough School, MD), the number one recruit in the high school class of 2023, has verballed to Duke.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...4a74b-56288745
    There is no "u" in McDonogh

    https://www.mcdonogh.org/

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    IL is reporting that attackman McCabe Millon (McDonough School, MD), the number one recruit in the high school class of 2023, has verballed to Duke.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...4a74b-56288745
    The rich get richer.....and sometimes it's good to be rich.

  3. #83
    Just for fun, a Millon highlight reel. I see good speed and quickness, excellent hands, good spatial awareness, and high lax IQ for a high school sophomore. Kid has a chance to reach the Jordan/Gut level if he keeps working and stays injury-free.

    https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/fuel/...ednesday-oct-6

  4. #84
    The IA article states that he is entering his senior year. This must be an error because he is named as one of the class of 2023. I’d like to get him on campus as soon as possible.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I wonder if Duke will ultimately turn the keys over to his son, the Duke All American and current offensive coordinator.
    At the risk of turning this into the “WHAT WILL WE DO WHEN DANO RETIRES?!” thread, I would imagine so. Only other in-the-family hires that come to mind are Chris Gabrielli and Kevin Cassese. I guess it depends on how much of a premium Nina King puts on head coaching experience. If the Scheyer hire is any indication—maybe not so much? I have to believe that Dano would gladly hand the reins over to Matt when the time comes.

    Anyway, Millon is a great pickup. His energy on the field really stands out in that highlight tape. Seems like he will strike the balance between being a positive teammate but a strong competitor.
    Last edited by Native; 10-07-2021 at 01:51 PM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    At the risk of turning this into the “WHAT WILL WE DO WHEN DANO RETIRES?!” thread, I would imagine so. Only other in-the-family hires that come to mind are Chris Gabrielli and Kevin Cassese. I guess it depends on how much of a premium Nina King puts on head coaching experience. If the Scheyer hire is any indication—maybe not so much? I have to believe that Dano would gladly hand the reins over to Matt when the time comes.

    Anyway, Millon is a great pickup. His energy on the field really stands out in that highlight tape. Seems like he will strike the balance between being a positive teammate but a strong competitor.
    The Mike Pressler coaching tree is pretty extensive. Army head coach Joe Alberici was a Pressler assistant. Penn’s Mike Murphy and St. Joseph’s Taylor Wray are Duke grads. You could count Matt and Ned as Pressler guys; he recruited both to Duke, although he never got to coach Ned.

    If I were on a search committee for Duke men’s lacrosse right now, one of my first calls would be to Navy offensive coordinator and former Duke player Brad Ross.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    If I were on a search committee for Duke men’s lacrosse right now, one of my first calls would be to Navy offensive coordinator and former Duke player Brad Ross.
    My personal favorite Duke lacrosse player. He was on the team when I started playing the sport and we both played midfield. I remember his around-the-world to beat UVA at home like it was yesterday.

    For posterity:

    Last edited by Native; 10-12-2021 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Formatting

  8. #88
    I remember it well. Didn't realize it had happened. Still fantastic!

  9. #89
    The USLacrosse Fall Classic comes up this weekend. featuring the US and Canadian senior men’s and women’s national teams and current NCAA champs UVA and Boston College.

    Six current and former Duke players will be involved (in addition to Coach Dano). Myles, Brad Smith, J.T., CVR, and Pat Resch will suit up for the US, while Dyson will represent Canada.

    All of the games, starting with US vs. Canada on Friday afternoon, will be streamed by Lax Sports Network.

  10. #90
    Second piece of schedule intel: Duke is at High Point on Tuesday 3/1.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Second piece of schedule intel: Duke is at High Point on Tuesday 3/1.
    I know High Point is good...but the name reminds me of an appliance.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I know High Point is good...but the name reminds me of an appliance.
    I always thought it was the top row of a Grateful Dead concert at Red Rocks

  13. #93
    Panthers once again have an insane non-conference schedule: their first five opponents are Murlund, Colgate, UVA, UNC, and Duke.

  14. #94
    Six Duke players are headed to Columbus this weekend to train with the U-21 national team. This may be the last camp before coach Nick Myers and his staff choose the 23-man roster for next year’s world championships.

    Best of luck to Kenny Brower, Jake Caputo, Brennan O’Neill, Grant Mitchell (off-season transfer from Ohio State), Charlie O’Connor, and Jake Naso.

  15. #95
    Duke hosts Jacksonville on Saturday 2/13.

  16. #96
    IL was at practice last week. Notes and impressions here.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...af4a4-56288745

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    IL was at practice last week. Notes and impressions here.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...af4a4-56288745
    Thanks for sharing - that was a really good read. Based on what I saw last year, I think Brower is ready to step up the #1 defender role, with the bigger question being will the other guys step up behind him.

    Has Nakeie done anything for the football team this year? I forgot that he was doing that.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Has Nakeie done anything for the football team this year? I forgot that he was doing that.
    Nakeie has had 3 rushes for 28 yards, all in the NC A&T game. Hardly worth the effort unless its for the conditioning.

  19. #99
    Here’s what we know so far of the 2022 schedule.

    Sun 2/13 Jacksonville H
    Sat 2/19 Denver H
    Tue 3/01 High Point A
    Sat 3/19 Towson TBD

  20. #100
    Add Vermont to the 2022 schedule, Sunday 2/6 at Koskinen.

Similar Threads

  1. Summer Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-21-2019, 02:20 PM
  2. Summer Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-29-2018, 01:19 PM
  3. Fall Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 11:16 AM
  4. Summer Lax News and Notes 1
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 10:44 AM
  5. Summer Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •