Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 174 of 174
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    No Photoshop needed for our guys!

    9CF0CE44-E034-4250-8549-A2FEFA27D5CD.jpg

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    No Photoshop needed for our guys!

    9CF0CE44-E034-4250-8549-A2FEFA27D5CD.jpg
    I think the tattoo on Theo's right arm looks a lot like the one on Armando's right arm. We now know what picture was used for the photoshop....

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I think the tattoo on Theo's right arm looks a lot like the one on Armando's right arm. We now know what picture was used for the photoshop...
    I guess the attempt with Armando was a pale imitation.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Mark Williams getting in on the act by calling out Bacot for the photoshop.

    https://twitter.com/MarkWi1liams/sta...68437393321986
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Perhaps this should be merged with the 5v5 video thread, but Iím posting it here since this is the OFFICIAL summer vid thread. Some behind the scenes interview fun after the scrimmage. The guys seem loose and ready to go. Theo looks shorter than Paolo which surprised me a bit. The guys honestly sound like they have been coached to mention the fans often in these videos, but I guess thatís expected. Paolo is recognized by everyone as the most talented player. Canít wait to see them against another opponent.

    https://twitter.com/dukembb/status/1...995503616?s=21

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Perhaps this should be merged with the 5v5 video thread, but Iím posting it here since this is the OFFICIAL summer vid thread. Some behind the scenes interview fun after the scrimmage. The guys seem loose and ready to go. Theo looks shorter than Paolo which surprised me a bit. The guys honestly sound like they have been coached to mention the fans often in these videos, but I guess thatís expected. Paolo is recognized by everyone as the most talented player. Canít wait to see them against another opponent.

    https://twitter.com/dukembb/status/1...995503616?s=21
    Anyone else notice that Paolo, when introducing Wendell, said "Big Bro, Captain..."
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Anyone else notice that Paolo, when introducing Wendell, said "Big Bro, Captain..."
    Makes sense. Coach K said something to the effect of Wendell being the leader of this team during his presser. He got a lot of time in front of the camera after games last year, too.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    I'm gonna put this in this thread because we are sorta still in preseason workout mode here (even though practices have officially started).

    https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...16228675145731
    ESPN Draft analyst Mike Schmitz went to Cameron for a practice yesterday. He did not have very much of substance to say about it, but I did notice one thing. Look at the jerseys being worn in the photos. It is clear that the starters (the white team) are still Roach, Keels, Moore, Banchero, and Williams while AJ Griffin remains on the "blue team." Also noticed that Joey Baker has recovered and is back to practicing.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm gonna put this in this thread because we are sorta still in preseason workout mode here (even though practices have officially started).

    https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...16228675145731
    ESPN Draft analyst Mike Schmitz went to Cameron for a practice yesterday. He did not have very much of substance to say about it, but I did notice one thing. Look at the jerseys being worn in the photos. It is clear that the starters (the white team) are still Roach, Keels, Moore, Banchero, and Williams while AJ Griffin remains on the "blue team." Also noticed that Joey Baker has recovered and is back to practicing.
    One week to Countdown to Craziness! Can't wait to see this team take the court!

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is clear that the starters (the white team) are still Roach, Keels, Moore, Banchero, and Williams while AJ Griffin remains on the "blue team."
    I wonder if K sees the starting lineup with Keels as being a better fit because it keeps Moore at the 3. Then Griffin can come in at whatever position 2-4 needs to sub out first. If Griffin is starting then Moore is at the 2 and Griffin is at the 3 and that feels like both players are playing up a position (or maybe down a position, you know what I mean).

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I wonder if K sees the starting lineup with Keels as being a better fit because it keeps Moore at the 3. Then Griffin can come in at whatever position 2-4 needs to sub out first. If Griffin is starting then Moore is at the 2 and Griffin is at the 3 and that feels like both players are playing up a position (or maybe down a position, you know what I mean).
    From all of the scrimmage video I've seen, I think Moore is one of the guards. Perhaps even moreso than Keels. Honestly, I'd feel better about Moore guarding a guard than Keels, who wasn't known as an overly athletic high school player and looks... stout.

    I think it probably has something to do with floor spacing. The one thing Keels is noted for is as a shooter and scorer. So for a team with Williams and Banchero but a lot of uncertainty in perimeter shooting (I'm bullish on Roach being a solid shooter and all the reports are glowing for Moore, but it's an uncertainty) Keels would seem to provide another dart in floor spacing for our bigs. And as you mentioned, Griffin's versatility (can play either the 3 or 4) allows the team to sub up or down if needed.

    That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the 5th starter spot changes a few times throughout the year.

  12. #172
    From Jon Rothstein's Twitter today:

    https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...242411008?s=20

    Well embedded moles in Durham have relayed word that Trevor Keels has been a major standout for Duke during the preseason. Will be a key cog on the perimeter alongside Jeremy Roach and Wendell Moore.

  13. #173
    This is a good development w Keels. He had obscene scoring AND assist numbers his senior year of HS. Iím really looking forward to seeing him play.

  14. One of my favorite writers is Riley Davis at HeatCheck MBB. He went to UNC, so don't hold him that against him. As he previews the top 25 entering the season, Davis is doing a deep dive on each team. I enjoyed his write-up of Duke, which was posted yesterday.

    Davis does a great job of highlighting the issues Duke had on defense last year when Jeremy Roach was on the court. As the season approaches, I am more and more looking at Roach as the key to the season. If he can improve on defense while building off his momentum at the end of last season on offense, this team should be pretty good. If he can establish himself as one of the best PG's in the ACC, then Duke can have a really good year. He's become my X factor for this team. While Wendell and Paolo are going to see their share of playmaking, Roach is the one that could make this team dangerous instead of just very good. And then on defense, having him fight through screens, taking more calculated gambles, and become a neutral or even net positive defender would be big.

    https://heatcheckcbb.com/davis-deep-...eview-2021-22/

Similar Threads

  1. Duke 19-20 team Summer workouts
    By roywhite in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-24-2019, 02:15 PM
  2. Official 'Where are you?!" Thread
    By DukeBlue666s in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 11:35 AM
  3. Official WoW thread
    By snowdenscold in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 07:13 PM
  4. The Official Go Sparty Thread
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 09:48 AM
  5. The Official Recipe Thread
    By 2535Miles in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 307
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •