Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki

Loki

Lets talk about the new show here. Pretty good episode but I’ll wait on any details until more have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Lets talk about the new show here. Pretty good episode but I’ll wait on any details until more have seen it.
    where is this show?

Ragnarok on Netflix is pretty good. Has a Thor storyline behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    where is this show?

Ragnarok on Netflix is pretty good. Has a Thor storyline behind it.
    Disney+ i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Disney+ i believe.
    Yes. On Disney plus. Episodes come out on Wednesdays

The first episode has me thinking I’ll enjoy this the most of all the Disney+ offerings we’ve seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    The first episode has me thinking I’ll enjoy this the most of all the Disney+ offerings we’ve seen so far.
    I’m loving Hot Shot and the Mighty Ducks reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Episode 2 is even better. The show has a lot of talking and not much action, but the banter between Mobius and Loki is fun and I like the concept they are exploring. Marvel is really going to have fun with the multiverse!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Episode 2 is even better. The show has a lot of talking and not much action, but the banter between Mobius and Loki is fun and I like the concept they are exploring. Marvel is really going to have fun with the multiverse!
    Thanks Jason. I agree that the dialogue driven plot was great in the first episode and didn’t really miss the action. I think I read somewhere that Loki will have more of an impact on the MCU to come than any other show.

I was skeptical about Owen Wilson, but it worked in Episode 1. These Marvel series definitely make the Disney+ subscription worth it.
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

Fantastic. The Hidd/Wilson chemistry is fantastic, some interesting, snappy, even deep dialogue, and I did like how they "dealt" with the fact that this was the 2012 Loki and NOT our "woke" Loki, and managed to get him to ROUGHLY the same "place" in terms of personality. Great sense of humor. Just a great first episode, really looking forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Fantastic. The Hidd/Wilson chemistry is fantastic, some interesting, snappy, even deep dialogue, and I did like how they "dealt" with the fact that this was the 2012 Loki and NOT our "woke" Loki, and managed to get him to ROUGHLY the same "place" in terms of personality. Great sense of humor. Just a great first episode, really looking forward to more.
    I think they are playing on our positive feelings towards "woke Loki." Call me cynical, but I still think this Loki is going to try to play the system and that he is nowhere near the same place as woke Loki. He now knows he has no future in the timeline and that the TVA is "the greatest power in the universe" so why wouldn't he go after it, especially since the villain is another Loki (or possibly the same Loki trying to obtain timekeeper power, just at a different time). He may still very well be redeemed at some point, but I don't think he is there yet...after all, he is a Marvel villain.

devildm
    devildm
    Duke '03

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I was skeptical about Owen Wilson, but it worked in Episode 1. These Marvel series definitely make the Disney+ subscription worth it.
    Makes me wish I had Disney+, but it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Makes me wish I had Disney+, but it's not happening.
    I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth out of the subscription.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth out of the subscription.
    Hulu bundle with ESPN+ and Disney+ has been one of the better purchases I've made. All across the board worth it, and I don't have kids nor watch lots of TV.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Hm, I'm a little worried that this show is doing "too much" in the universe and risks making the stories in the movies feel meaningless in comparison. I liked the TV shows telling smaller stories like Wandavision and Falcon, even if imperfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Hm, I'm a little worried that this show is doing "too much" in the universe and risks making the stories in the movies feel meaningless in comparison.
    I mean, infinity stones as paperweights could really make the past few movies look somewhat silly by comparison

Though the reality is that things just work differently at the TVA. Inside the TVA realm, the infinity stones in the drawer were not objects capable of destroying entire planets or bending reality.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I mean, infinity stones as paperweights could really make the past few movies look somewhat silly by comparison

Though the reality is that things just work differently at the TVA. Inside the TVA realm, the infinity stones in the drawer were not objects capable of destroying entire planets or bending reality.
    In Endgame, Thanos' new mission was to toast the whole universe and start from scratch, since doing away with half of life wasn't the answer.
    If he had been successful, who would have been left? Himself, obviously, but would the folks at the TVA have been affected?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In Endgame, Thanos' new mission was to toast the whole universe and start from scratch, since doing away with half of life wasn't the answer.
    If he had been successful, who would have been left? Himself, obviously, but would the folks at the TVA have been affected?
    Maybe the TVA would of stepped in and reset the timeline if Thanos won in endgame. Now that would of been a weird ending to the film!

Quote Originally Posted by devildm View Post
    after all, he is a Marvel villain.

devildm
    CorruptAchingCrocodileskink-mobile.jpg

That escalated quickly