Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 96
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya

    Most despicable product of all time

    The cigs, baby oil & iodine thread made me think of this. I'm not talking about a product found to be dangerous after it was firmly entrenched in society (cigarettes) or a product with not-well-thought-out implications (Jarts...sigh, I loved that game...kids throwing steel tipped missiles around the yard, who coulda thunk of any unintended consequences?).

    My nomination: candy/gum cigarettes. Even came in a nice realistic carton, so you could pretend you were smoking until you were old enough to scrounge up the real thing.

    BTW, you can still buy these things.

    What's your favorite SMH product?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    The cigs, baby oil & iodine thread made me think of this. I'm not talking about a product found to be dangerous after it was firmly entrenched in society (cigarettes) or a product with not-well-thought-out implications (Jarts...sigh, I loved that game...kids throwing steel tipped missiles around the yard, who coulda thunk of any unintended consequences?).

    My nomination: candy/gum cigarettes. Even came in a nice realistic carton, so you could pretend you were smoking until you were old enough to scrounge up the real thing.

    BTW, you can still buy these things.

    What's your favorite SMH product?
    UNC merchandise. Propaganda promoting cheaters, liars and Silent Sam.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    The cigs, baby oil & iodine thread made me think of this. I'm not talking about a product found to be dangerous after it was firmly entrenched in society (cigarettes) or a product with not-well-thought-out implications (Jarts...sigh, I loved that game...kids throwing steel tipped missiles around the yard, who coulda thunk of any unintended consequences?).

    My nomination: candy/gum cigarettes. Even came in a nice realistic carton, so you could pretend you were smoking until you were old enough to scrounge up the real thing.

    BTW, you can still buy these things.

    What's your favorite SMH product?
    99% of toys they market to kids via ads on kid shows. Most of these toys have little value and my kids just stop playing with them after a day or so. But they HAVE to have them for Christmas, birthdays, etc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    I really hate household cleaning "systems" where you have to continually feed the system (purchase the disposable items that make the system operate) until they stop making said system and you have to purchase the next system.

    eg Swiffer Wetjet... what is wrong with a mop and a bucket? It will last you 50 years.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Reminds me of this SNL sketch

    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    99% of toys they market to kids via ads on kid shows. Most of these toys have little value and my kids just stop playing with them after a day or so. But they HAVE to have them for Christmas, birthdays, etc.
    80% of toys ARE kid shows.

    01_Optimus_Prime_8.jpg

    PS, Transformers are far from despicable. They've probably birthed a few genius engineers along the way. My Little Pony, however, can rot in equestrian hell.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    "toy" guns

    or cigs...
    "Either they're going down, or we are! Kirk out!"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Reminds me of this SNL sketch

    And this one. Products include Johnny Switchblade Adventure Punk doll, Bag O'Glass and Teddy Chainsaw Bear. A later Halloween costume sketch with Irwin (brilliantly played by Dan Akroyd) included Johnny Human Torch kit (a bunch of oily rags and a lighter) and Johnny Space Commander (a plastic bag to go over your head and a rubber band).

    https://youtu.be/veMiNQifZcM

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Pet rocks. Mood rings. Chia anythings.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    And this one. Products include Johnny Switchblade Adventure Punk doll, Bag O'Glass and Teddy Chainsaw Bear. A later Halloween costume sketch with Irwin (brilliantly played by Dan Akroyd) included Johnny Human Torch kit (a bunch of oily rags and a lighter) and Johnny Space Commander (a plastic bag to go over your head and a rubber band).

    https://youtu.be/veMiNQifZcM
    EXACTLY where my mind went.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    "toy" guns
    I was going to say UNC merchandise, but someone beat me to it...

    after that I think realistic looking toy guns is way up there on the list. I'm not talking about the neon colored squirt guns, but ones like the real thing. I'm ashamed to say I bullied my parents into getting one of these. They were AWESOME! But now as a parent, they are so so wrong.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Pet Rocks. Seriously.

    No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

  13. #13
    Radithor and other radium cures probably should be among those considered for this title.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz CA
    Government designed gas cans.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Pet rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Pet Rocks. Seriously.
    Mine hasn't died yet, so it's got that going for it.

    However...remember the "Invisible dog" leash? Ha! Suckers!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Government designed gas cans.
    Wayne wins.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Mine hasn't died yet, so it's got that going for it.

    However...remember the "Invisible dog" leash? Ha! Suckers!
    I decided to domesticate a wild rock instead of purchasing one. Worked out well until it ran away. I'm sure it is still living a happy life somewhere in Seoul.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I decided to domesticate a wild rock instead of purchasing one. Worked out well until it ran away. I'm sure it is still living a happy life somewhere in Seoul.
    Sporked!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Government designed gas cans.
    previous owner of my house died here from a hideous gas can mishap, but I don't know if it was government mandated or not. I suspect not. It was vented. Don't buy a vented gas can is my tip for today.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    The bass-o-matic! This 59-second video will explain the whole thing!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HKTx5WFcs0
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Similar Threads

  1. ACC's entertaining product
    By MarkD83 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 08:05 AM
  2. "Despicable Me 2" Review
    By JBDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  3. Apple's New Product: iPad
    By bigj4194 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •