Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    One of man's greatest inventions...

Our town started distributing bear proof trash barrels this winter. Before then trash day was the official bear buffet in the neighborhood. Since pickup is at 7:00 am I can now put the trash out the night before. No more setting the alarm, sleeping through it, and then rushing out at the last minute only to see the truck driving away without the week's trash.

Section 15
    ah, thus as the contortions in bear land. This one seemed kind of pricey...you have your own personal model?

One of man's greatest inventions...

Our town started distributing bear proof trash barrels this winter. Before then trash day was the official bear buffet in the neighborhood. Since pickup is at 7:00 am I can now put the trash out the night before. No more setting the alarm, sleeping through it, and then rushing out at the last minute only to see the truck driving away without the week's trash.

Section 15
    Put me in the "wake up and run it outside" crowd. I don't see the point in fighting with bears using time money, and frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ah, thus as the contortions in bear land. This one seemed kind of pricey...you have your own personal model?
    Well, it doesn't have my monogram or family coat of arms, if that's your question

Actually, it's the regular barrel with a latched lid that requires an extra hand to open. The mechanical arm that lifts and inverts the barrel into the truck activates the latch, so it's pretty automatic as far as the pickup is concerned.

Until evolution (or maybe that's intelligent design) provides bears with opposable thumbs I think we'll be OK. Of course the bears in my neighborhood are smarter than average, so I could be wrong.

Section 15

Well, it doesn't have my monogram or family coat of arms, if that's your question

Actually, it's the regular barrel with a latched lid that requires an extra hand to open. The mechanical arm that lifts and inverts the barrel into the truck activates the latch, so it's pretty automatic as far as the pickup is concerned.

Until evolution (or maybe that's intelligent design) provides bears with opposable thumbs I think we'll be OK. Of course the bears in my neighborhood are smarter than average, so I could be wrong.

Section 15
    ah, OK, that seems effective and affordable..the one I saw had two doors on either side of it, and latched you had to press with your fingers from below...it was big (because it was used in a park) and had to cost a few thousand bucks I would think.

ah, OK, that seems effective and affordable..the one I saw had two doors on either side of it, and latched you had to press with your fingers from below...it was big (because it was used in a park) and had to cost a few thousand bucks I would think.
    Cost is no object with the government. Speaking of which, I've got a toilet seat I can sell you. New, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Cost is no object with the government. Speaking of which, I've got a toilet seat I can sell you. New, I promise.
    ah, but it was Town government, and I know from previous visits that the basic plastic barrels just couldn't cut it...in Stowe the tourists can pay for it!

Section 15
    Yogi Bear lives in your neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Yogi Bear lives in your neighborhood?
    You win! I was wondering who would notice that.

That makes you smarter than the average poster! (and no I don't live in Jellystone Park).

Of course, all the posters on DBR are above average.

Section 15
    Last edited by Section 15; 06-23-2021 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added a qualifer

Hold it. I thought we were talking garbage cans, not pickinic baskets.

Section 15
    Are we in Lake Wobegon?

ah, but it was Town government, and I know from previous visits that the basic plastic barrels just couldn't cut it...in Stowe the tourists can pay for it!
    Government of any size likes to spend your money. My burg has authorized a new bait shack design for $47,000, construction is expected to cost $865,000. Of course, it will now include a "covered pavilion". I guess our fishermen can't stand the weather (Any excuse to cue SRV).

I think Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to the forehead should be on this list.

You win! I was wondering who would notice that.

That makes you smarter than the average poster! (and no I don't live in Jellystone Park).

Section 15
    Hey I noticed it too! Me! Me!

I was reminded tonight why the government gas can is the most despicable product of all time.
    While I had successfully modified my old and new costco gas cans to deal with the spring loaded pour preventing device.
    I had forgot to remove the plastic screen thingy hanging down inside the can from the new one.

Regarding the poster that responded to my initial post about how the cans are not a problem for them, I can guarantee they do not live in California.
    The combination of the govt. gas can design and the CA govt. gas pump design makes it impossible to put gas in the can without spilling it all over.
    With the plastic screen in place, you cannot insert the pump nozzle all the way into the can. This means the fume prevention device on the pump will not engage. So you have to fool it by pushing up with your other hand. Then, unless you barely turn the pump on, the gas will essentially bounce off the screen and back onto your hand, the ground, etc.

Have to finish the mods on that can when I get back from camping.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Are we in Lake Wobegon?
    Isn't DBR sponsored by the Ketchup Board?

Or have I have a wrong turn somewhere? Darn Google maps!

Section 15

Isn't DBR sponsored by the Ketchup Board?

Or have I have a wrong turn somewhere? Darn Google maps!

Section 15
    Powdermilk Biscuits. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Powdermilk Biscuits. Yum.
    Heavens, they're tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I think Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to the forehead should be on this list.
    At or near the top. Lolol
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I'm with you on this. I told my family to make me very crispy*, wait a few months, then take my ashes to the beach to dump them in the ocean. Then party and enjoy the beach.

*After I am officially declared deceased. Some members of my family are shady.
    Can we not just do it in the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The threaded coaxial cable connector.

The worst invention of all time, and the guy who came up with it is on my permanent s#%t list.

Because having one million threads per inch just seemed so perfect.
    I mean, the idea wasn't bad as a concept. Really poor execution with the threading though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

I mean, the idea wasn't bad as a concept. Really poor execution with the threading though.
    My Atari 2600 feels this.