Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    A statue would be cool. I'm thinking of having one made myself. Though it may harm the re-sale value of my house after I croak.
    Whoa. Cool idea. Small statue of K with the net at the end of the driveway. Light inside the net...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks. I worried it would go unnoticed.
    Signed,

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15.22

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Signed,

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15.22
    A+++. Sporks.

Edit: someone please assist
    Last edited by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15; 06-09-2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Can't spork

The Chronicle is doing a survey on this issue. Let them know what you think.

DBR just posted a poll. The "No" voters are winning in a landslide!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    The Chronicle is doing a survey on this issue. Let them know what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    DBR just posted a poll. The "No" voters are winning in a landslide!

-jk
    These links took me to the same poll. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I didn't look at the Chronicle one, but hallcity's post seems to be linked to Julian's poll.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I saw it in a tweet from the Chronicle. I thought it was their poll but they must have been linking to the DBR poll.

If Cameron were to be renamed, which I am very much not in favor of, I would hope that Duke would just rename our venue Krzyzewski Indoor Stadium, not Cameron-Krzyzewski Indoor Stadium.

IMHO the hyphenated names are the worst: a huge indecisive mouthful. If you want to name a building after someone and knock off the last guy, do it, but the hyphenated version is so half-hearted. Who wants a building half named after themselves?

Also, food for thought, and not opening up a goat debate, but Pauley Pavilion (also a cool name IMO, rolls off the tongue like Cameron Indoor Stadium) is not Pauley-Wooden Pavilion.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by quahog174 View Post
    If there is a name change, will alums name their kids Krzyzewski instead of Cameron?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Or their dogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by dukerev View Post
    I’ve had dogs named Cameron and K. And Chapel and Emily. And now Quinn and Dawkins.
    Those children and dog's names are now Cameron-Krzyzewski, according to DBR.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Lol. I'm with you, I hate Hyphenated names. My wife and I kept our last names and that has worked just fine for 38 years.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I haven't read all of this thread, but in general I don't like re-naming places unless there's a good reason to eject a previous name. Were Eddie's accomplishments greater than K's? Of course not, but the decision honoring him was made and should stay that way, and other ways can be done to honor K more (the court probably is enough for me, the tower of offices could be too perhaps.

Some years ago I remember reading that Northwestern erased the long-time name of their football stadium, Ryan Stadium, to be named for someone else who'd recently dropped a bundle of $$$ on the school, when presumably Ryan was supposed to be honored indefinitely... not when some rich guy ousts you, I guess. Ga Tech has recently done this for their bball arena, which did get greatly renovated, but still... I really hate these 'naming rights' of stadiums who change names of corporate sponsors every few years. What if this happened to Fenway Park or Madison Square Garden? And please spare us from places like the Yum! Center in Louisville. Can you imagine an Oxford or Cambridge college renaming for some recent fat donor, erasing, say, Lady Margaret Hall which would now be Dunkin' DoNuts College? (OK... true, this very thing happened HERE, when Trinity College becomes Duke University, but you get my drift...) Some things should remain sacred in the traditions of the sporting world, and Coach K Court is enough for geezers like me. Just don't re-name THAT down the road.

P.S., I would guess K would not want that change either.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So the overall take I get from this thread is that renaming Cameron is a horrible idea, and the only one who thinks it's not is JD King. Which solidifies my decision to not read the front page. (Unless Jim Sumner tells me to with a link to one of his great contributions.)

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

No one just calls their dog “Mike”?

Some of you need to take a xanex. I read criticism of the front page and think about the work these folks put in to keep DBR going. It was simply a thought with a poll, not something affecting our national security. It’s good people on here love Duke basketball, but some responses are a little over the top. Maybe we’re still suffering a little too much from Covid-19 angst coupled with K’s retirement. I’m more concerned with how many of our games are on the stupid ACC network that Comcast doesn’t show.

Duke will entice some wealthy donor to construct some massive shrine to K because this is what wealthy universities do...

(not a Cameron replacement, to be clear)

If Cameron were to be renamed, which I am very much not in favor of, I would hope that Duke would just rename our venue Krzyzewski Indoor Stadium, not Cameron-Krzyzewski Indoor Stadium.

IMHO the hyphenated names are the worst: a huge indecisive mouthful. If you want to name a building after someone and knock off the last guy, do it, but the hyphenated version is so half-hearted. Who wants a building half named after themselves?

Also, food for thought, and not opening up a goat debate, but Pauley Pavilion (also a cool name IMO, rolls off the tongue like Cameron Indoor Stadium) is not Pauley-Wooden Pavilion.
    Precisely. If Pauley Pavilion didn't get renamed after Wooden, no stadium should ever get renamed after a great coach.

I am firmly in the camp that is against renaming Cameron Indoor. Coach K court is fine.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Some of you need to take a xanex. I read criticism of the front page and think about the work these folks put in to keep DBR going. It was simply a thought with a poll, not something affecting our national security. It’s good people on here love Duke basketball, but some responses are a little over the top. Maybe we’re still suffering a little too much from Covid-19 angst coupled with K’s retirement. I’m more concerned with how many of our games are on the stupid ACC network that Comcast doesn’t show.
    Nah. Just fitting discussion into the present day thinking process that is binary. You either love or hate - nothing in between

The good folks in the Development Office will be all over this. No, Cameron won't be renamed, but a $10 million donor will be found to fund the new Michael J. Krzyzewski Learning Center at Duke University. What they decide to put in it remains to be seen. No way they let this obvious opportunity slip away, they are human beavers.

Coach K Court at Cameron Indoor Stadium Is absolutely fine with my vote. Now if they honored K with a statue by the main entrance to CIS, again that gets my vote.
    I also say that the first row of the Student Section should be renamed the DBR Row of Terror !