Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    And adopted by Pat Paulsen from "Laugh-In"
    Didn't Paulsen actually "run" for president?

I can't believe my parents let me (and my brother) watch Laugh-In. They were either cooler than I ever imagined or more clueless than I ever imagined. Or some combination in between.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Didn't Paulsen actually "run" for president?

I can't believe my parents let me (and my brother) watch Laugh-In. They were either cooler than I ever imagined or more clueless than I ever imagined. Or some combination in between.
    My parents let me (and my brother) watch it too. Maybe they just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Nobody really asked him about this, as well as I remember. In recent years, K has suggested that college basketball would benefit from a different leadership structure and he was forestalling questions that he might be retiring to take over that new, hypothetical, leadership role.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/duke-basketball-coach-k-retirement-press-conference-transcript

C.L. Brown: (27:51)
    First, congratulations, Coach. I was wondering kind of what this is going to look like post-retirement, in terms of your role here at the university? Coach Bray, I talked to him yesterday and he talked about needing a czar in college basketball, and that’s something that you’ve kind of talked about before, not necessarily you filling that role, but could you see yourself post-retirement in a role still staying connected with college basketball and trying to help guide, navigate through these waters?

Mike Krzyzewski: (28:22)
    Yeah, no czar stuff. I’m going to run motion offense. Motion offense for me is making reads, being adaptable. What do you need to do? To me, one of the first things is going to be, what does Duke need from me in that new role?

This is the exchange from the press conference, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    And adopted by Pat Paulsen from "Laugh-In"
    Pat Paulsen was featured on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, not Laugh-In. His 1968 campaign for President was a Smothers Brothers creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Pat Paulsen was featured on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, not Laugh-In. His 1968 campaign for President was a Smothers Brothers creation.
    Ah, yes. Thanks for the correction. Even more subversive.