Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflation

https://www.totousa.com/products/toilets

this weekend's visitor, the esteemed Badger, just bought one of these babies...

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Yes, you should, because it was the Tushy Travel Bidet that sold me on the method. I plan to buy and install one of their basic models soon.

BTW they're at hellotushy dot com. Don't just search on "tushy". Trust me on that.

Thanks all.

To tame inflation
    we must strive as a nation
    to make more, buy less
    This thread really took a turn for the awesome.

Prices keep rising.
    What is a poor boy to do?
    Hoard toilet paper.

The Fed is thinking
    This is all transitory
    I am not so sure.

Bitcoin and Dogecoin
    Hard to bury in the yard
    This gold bug just smiles.

We have the Tushy in our master bedroom. Nice, but if you have the cash, spring for one that warms the water. Let's just say that it can be a little, um, bracing in the midwinter.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://www.totousa.com/products/toilets

this weekend's visitor, the esteemed Badger, just bought one of these babies...
    I usually bring wine...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    I usually bring wine...
    Candlesticks always make a nice gift.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Candlesticks always make a nice gift.
    I would find out where Budwom is registered.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would find out where Budwom is registered.
    Katz's Deli in New York City...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Katz's Deli in New York City...
    I'll have what she's having.

Ha! Excellent reference!

If we're going to Katz's, feel free to order for me whatever kind of sandwich you'd like to eat . . . I'll be perfectly happy just to have the fries and slaw.

Ha! Excellent reference!
    If I could monetize my encyclopedic knowledge of random 80s movie and song quotes, I would be really rich.

Later this week I am taking CNC Jr. #1 to Junior's in midtown to meet up with one of his buddies who he hasn't seen since pre-covid. The are best known for cheesecake but also have high quality NY deli food - not Katz's but close enough.

If I could monetize my encyclopedic knowledge of random 80s movie and song quotes, I would be really rich.

Later this week I am taking CNC Jr. #1 to Junior's in midtown to meet up with one of his buddies who he hasn't seen since pre-covid. The are best known for cheesecake but also have high quality NY deli food - not Katz's but close enough.
    I like their cheescake better actually.

I like their cheescake better actually.
    I meant Katz’s is better for sandwiches and such. Juniors is better for cheesecake. Katz’s is somewhat out of the way while Juniors has more convenient locations, though that also makes it touristy. It seems tourists are returning to NYC. I will have a better feel when we are in Times Square later this week.

I meant Katz’s is better for sandwiches and such. Juniors is better for cheesecake. Katz’s is somewhat out of the way while Juniors has more convenient locations, though that also makes it touristy. It seems tourists are returning to NYC. I will have a better feel when we are in Times Square later this week.
    Give me a Leo’s bialy or bagel over anything else in NYC. In the FiDi — if you know, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Give me a Leo’s bialy or bagel over anything else in NYC. In the FiDi — if you know, you know.
    I worked a few blocks from there from late 2010 until early 2016. Good spot. We would order in from Leo's for periodic staff bagel breakfasts.

Ess-a-bagel is probably my current favorite. When the Upper West Side H&H was around (across from Zabar's) I lived very close - for a while I went to a gym that was directly above it, which was really dangerous. They just sold bagels - couldn't get anything on it or anything like that. But they were the best. They closed around 2011. My son was just starting on solids when they closed so I made sure he had one.

I have been to Katz's dozens of times, and have a good feel for the place and pace, and while I've seen zillions of people get the sandwiches, the drinks, the fries, I do not EVER recall anyone making it down to the big pastry case at the end of the line. You have to have an extra special kind of capacity to eat a sandwich and fries, and still have room for a wad of cake that is bigger than your head. I've leered at the cakes more than a few times, but never had room for them...

Now it's getting serious

Starbucks is starting to have shortages of key supplies at its stores: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/b...shortages.html

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Starbucks is starting to have shortages of key supplies at its stores: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/b...shortages.html
    Will the Karens resort to cannibalism?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    As long as they don't run out of dragonfruit I'm ok.