Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    If she would divorce you for not getting a minivan then …
    No, for getting a Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    hmm...family needs a minivan (kids are of that age and we have a grandmother to tote around as well)...but Telsa is just as expensive. Should I buy a Tesla with the money we have instead and film it for my youtube channel called "Let's get divorced"?
    There is such a thing as a seven-seat model Y. But I can think of at least four electric SUVs I’d rather have—and that doesn’t include the Skoda Enyaq which you can’t get in the US or Canada. Or you can wait 18 months and get an ID.Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    There is such a thing as a seven-seat model Y. But I can think of at least four electric SUVs I’d rather have—and that doesn’t include the Skoda Enyaq which you can’t get in the US or Canada.
    None of which are under $40k. Unless you want to make up the difference?

The id.buzz is intriguing. Deadline for a new car is end of March '24 when we go Eclipse chasing for my youngest 10th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Big price drop for certain Tesla's. Part of it is to take advantage of the new rebates. Part of it must be demand driven. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a car model drop it's MSRP by 20%. That's what the long range Y gets. There are going to be a lot of unhappy Tesla owners.

Tesla drastically lowers EV pricing in the US and Europe
    Why are there going to be a lot of unhappy Tesla owners?

No, for getting a Tesla.
    Oh, I’m with her on that

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Why are there going to be a lot of unhappy Tesla owners?
    I'm guessing the suggestion was because they bought a car that people can now buy new for 20% less. Of course this only largely applies to "recent purchasers."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I'm guessing the suggestion was because they bought a car that people can now buy new for 20% less. Of course this only largely applies to "recent purchasers."
    I thought maybe that was it. But the thing is, Tesla raised their prices dramatically over the past 18 months or so, so this price reduction is simply going back to where it probably should’ve stayed to begin with. I never understood why they kept raising the prices seemingly at random.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Tesla also just killed used car pricing on preowned Teslas. In addition it doesn’t do much for the stock price. From what I’ve read if Tesla has to start advertising then the stock price will drop precipitously. Then Tesla will have come full circle as being just another car company.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Tesla also just killed used car pricing on preowned Teslas. In addition it doesn’t do much for the stock price. From what I’ve read if Tesla has to start advertising then the stock price will drop precipitously. Then Tesla will have come full circle as being just another car company.
    I get what you’re saying, but Tesla cannot ever be just another car company, as they were the single biggest factor in ushering in the EV revolution. And it absolutely is a revolution.

Check out the following snippet taken from a recent NYT article:

In the same year that Tesla’s stock price dropped by about two-thirds, destroying more than $700 billion in market value, the global market for electric vehicles — which for so long the company seemed almost to embody — actually boomed.

Boom may not even adequately communicate what happened. Around the world, E.V. sales were projected to have grown 60 percent in 2022, according to a BloombergNEF report prepared ahead of the 2022 U.N. climate conference COP27, bringing total sales over 10 million. There are now almost 30 million electric vehicles on the road in total, up from just 10 million at the end of 2020. E.V. market share has also tripled since 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I get what you’re saying, but Tesla cannot ever be just another car company, as they were the single biggest factor in ushering in the EV revolution. And it absolutely is a revolution.
    So kind of like what Henry Ford did for ICE vehicles? Ford is just another automaker at this point in history.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Yep, this latest price reduction on new Teslas will cause a precipitous drop in the price of used Teslas. Heck, the used prices had gotten so high that a few months ago I was able to trade-in my 2020 Model X (which I had bought for $92,000) for $2,000 MORE than what I had paid two years prior. And that was after putting 26,000 miles on it.

I mean it was just insane. My jaw literally dropped when they gave me their offer. Needless to say, I accepted!

None of which are under $40k. Unless you want to make up the difference?
    If you qualify for the credit, a rear-wheel drive ID.4 nets out at around $34-36 depending on trim level.

$40k isn’t a realistic constraint when the average cost of a new vehicle is around $48k.

If you qualify for the credit, a rear-wheel drive ID.4 nets out at around $34-36 depending on trim level.

$40k isn’t a realistic constraint when the average cost of a new vehicle is around $48k.
    Yeah but it doesn’t have enough room for what they are looking for, as you probably know. If only we could get our hands on the ID.6……

ICYMI, trial starts today in the class-action suit against Leon Skum relating to the 2018 tweet about taking Tesla private. The court has already determined that the tweet was false and misleading, so the only remaining issues are scienter (basically, intent to deceive) and damages. The plaintiff class consists of people who bought shares during the 10-day period before it became apparent that the tweet was false.

Skum tried an 11th-hour change-of-venue, claiming (I kid you not) that his actions with respect to Twitter had turned prospective jurors in SF against him to the point that he couldn’t get a fair trial, but the court wasn’t having any.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Yeah but it doesn’t have enough room for what they are looking for, as you probably know. If only we could get our hands on the ID.6……
    The forthcoming Volvo EX 90 will come in a seven-seat version, and I’m sure it will be great, but it will be around $80k. EVs are still primarily luxury goods, alas.

The forthcoming Volvo EX 90 will come in a seven-seat version, and I’m sure it will be great, but it will be around $80k. EVs are still primarily luxury goods, alas.
    makes sure you have a dealer who is good with repairs. Had Volvos for many years but WAY too many repairs required. They're durable, safe, and often a pain in the butt. Consumer Reports dings their reliability for very good reasons.

Wyoming has proposed banning EVs. I wonder how Elon feels about this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...cle-sales/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

I think Wyoming should also back the California initiative. That would be true conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

Ha, the only state with fewer people than Vermont...who will notice?