Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    For some reason I suspected attempted suicide-murder the moment I heard of it. Not sure why I was suspicious - it may have been the nice weather and the fact it didn't look like a particularly dangerous section of road. (Well road is obviously dangerous but not a sharp curve, no mention of speeding or braking.)
    I assumed the driver had a medical problem. The article doesn't say why the authorities believe it may be a murder-suicide, but the reasoning of why the survived is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I assumed the driver had a medical problem. The article doesn't say why the authorities believe it may be a murder-suicide, but the reasoning of why the survived is interesting.
    I am going to take a wild guess and say that either money or sex are involved, possibly both.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am going to take a wild guess and say that either money or sex are involved, possibly both.
    That's really going out on a limb. 🤠

Or the lack thereof...

If a Tesla was involved that is money right there.

Speaking of sex, how does a Tesla back seat rate for drive in movie watching?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

I think you are misjudging your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Probably great for a asexual experience lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Probably great for a asexual experience lol.
    Couple Film Themselves Having Sex In Tesla

"We did have one scare where I hit the steering wheel and knocked it out of autopilot mode. I wouldn't recommend it since it is dangerous."

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...tesla-20210509

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    So, does this mean we can all get a Model 3 for free? Sort of like when Opra did it for her studio audience?

Musk has said Tesla’s ... autopilot features are “really the difference between Tesla being worth a lot of money or worth basically zero.”

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Still shouldn't have caused a wreck. Cite the other drivers for "failure to decrease speed as necessary to avoid a collision"

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Still shouldn't have caused a wreck. Cite the other drivers for "failure to decrease speed as necessary to avoid a collision"
    In an ideal world, no it wouldn't. However, the world is not ideal (which is why the Tesla system is still problematic). In any case, if a human driver had pulled over suddenly and braked as hard as possible to a stop on that same stretch of road, with no obstacle apparent to cause that behavior, that human driver would be at fault. There's no reason I can think of why the Tesla system shouldn't be held to the same standard as a human in comparable conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The Tesla cut off the other vehicle. It looks like the second vehicle applied their brakes almost immediately but did not have enough space to stop. From what I know, you have to give someone space to stop or else it would just be anarchy out there on the streets with scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    The Tesla cut off the other vehicle. It looks like the second vehicle applied their brakes almost immediately but did not have enough space to stop. From what I know, you have to give someone space to stop or else it would just be anarchy out there on the streets with scammers.
    Indeed. And the other vehicle probably would have had time and space to stop, but for the vehicle behind it, which likely would have had time and space to stop but for the vehicle behind it, which likely . . . .
    Carolina delenda est

Big price drop for certain Tesla's. Part of it is to take advantage of the new rebates. Part of it must be demand driven. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a car model drop it's MSRP by 20%. That's what the long range Y gets. There are going to be a lot of unhappy Tesla owners.

Tesla drastically lowers EV pricing in the US and Europe

While not electric which isn't feasible for 1400 ft container ships . Quite a few are switching to LNG to reduce emissions.
    Seen our 1st today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Big price drop for certain Tesla's. Part of it is to take advantage of the new rebates. Part of it must be demand driven. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a car model drop it's MSRP by 20%. That's what the long range Y gets. There are going to be a lot of unhappy Tesla owners.

Tesla offers much more "dynamic pricing" than other car manufacturers too and change pricing on a dime. Typical automakers take a more cautious approach with small price increases each year, but keeping a MY MSRP the same throughout. Tesla prices also increased considerably more than the market over the past couple of years.

Of course, your points are also valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post

Been holding off a bit on buying one. It is interesting that if you looked online the past few months, there are a lot of 2021s for sale, many people were purchasing them at a low price from the dealer and re-selling them. You can now get a new one for cheaper than what is on Facebook marketplace. One thing I noticed is that the Model S is not within scope of the price drops.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Been holding off a bit on buying one. It is interesting that if you looked online the past few months, there are a lot of 2021s for sale, many people were purchasing them at a low price from the dealer and re-selling them. You can now get a new one for cheaper than what is on Facebook marketplace. One thing I noticed is that the Model S is not within scope of the price drops.
    hmm...family needs a minivan (kids are of that age and we have a grandmother to tote around as well)...but Telsa is just as expensive. Should I buy a Tesla with the money we have instead and film it for my youtube channel called "Let's get divorced"?

If she would divorce you for not getting a minivan then …