Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    So: ideas? Experiences? Suggestions? New or lightly used? How and where to get? Help! And thanks.
    It is extremely difficult to find even a heavily used EV, let alone a lightly used one that still has battery capacity remaining. I wouldn't spend much time looking for one. I don't buy a car for aesthetic reasons, so I couldn't give any advice on that.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The new Subaru would be fun. And I think it still gets the $7500 rebate. (So long as the wheels don't come off.)

-jk
    You're talking about the Solterra? You're right that one does look pretty good, especially if you take $7500 off the price.

You're talking about the Solterra? You're right that one does look pretty good, especially if you take $7500 off the price.
    Thatís the one. Joint venture with Toyota.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Thatís the one. Joint venture with Toyota.

-jk
    Thx.

Hey guys and gals. Looking for advice here. I own a Tesla Model 3, and have for 3-4 years. Absolutely love it - best car I've ever had and it's not close.

My son turned 16. I taught him to drive on the Tesla and he's very comfortable in it and he's a very good driver. We want to get him a car in the Fall. He's 16 -- he doesn't need to be driving a Tesla, but we're thinking some other brand of EV, for among other reasons, the price of gas is ridiculous and it's a whole lot easier and cheaper to just plug in at home where we already have the charging plug. We'd also like to get him something that isn't too boxy or tiny or otherwise an uncool look for a guy in high school with friends and girls etc. We're also mindful of the wait times for a lot of cars these days once they are ordered.

So: ideas? Experiences? Suggestions? New or lightly used? How and where to get? Help! And thanks.
    Leaf would be the obvious choice, if you think you can live with CHAdeMO and the relatively short range (actually, ID.3 would be the obvious choice if VW sold it in this market). And they seem not to be in as short supply as most other EVs.

A fair number of Taycan buyers trade up from other EVs (as I did), so you might get lucky with a call to your nearest Porsche dealer.
    Last edited by burnspbesq; 07-06-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Long chat with a friend who hates the charging issues with her Leaf. Evidently a weird battery design that has made charging on the road very slow. Iím waiting for the Lada which will run on 3000 AA batteries. Thank goodness for Costco

Leaf battery thermal issues

https://yourmotorguide.com/nissan-le...ging-problems/

this is what my friend as alluding to, "battery thermal management"...did not realize the Leaf was NOT designed for road trips, but rather as a commuting vehicle...not sure she did either until she bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Long chat with a friend who hates the charging issues with her Leaf. Evidently a weird battery design that has made charging on the road very slow. Iím waiting for the Lada which will run on 3000 AA batteries. Thank goodness for Costco
    Lada - now that's a blast from the past. No idea they still existed after the fall of the Soviet empire. As I recall, they were known as the AK-47 of the automotive world. Not sure I would ever want one. Next you'll tell me that the Dacha (as in gotcha) is doing a revival tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    Lada - now that's a blast from the past. No idea they still existed after the fall of the Soviet empire. As I recall, they were known as the AK-47 of the automotive world. Not sure I would ever want one. Next you'll tell me that the Dacha (as in gotcha) is doing a revival tour!
    evidently they were still being made, perhaps with help from Renault, til Vlad invaded Ukraine. Some decades ago they were fairly popular in Quebec and were known as inexpensive pieces of crap...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    evidently they were still being made, perhaps with help from Renault, til Vlad invaded Ukraine. Some decades ago they were fairly popular in Quebec and were known as inexpensive pieces of crap...
    Yeah, I think their advertising slogan was: "We may be cheap, but at least we are unreliable."

Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    Yeah, I think their advertising slogan was: "We may be cheap, but at least we are unreliable."
    yeah, Yugos needed something to look down on...