Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 498
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Anybody else holding out for solar-powered flying cars?
    Why don’t we just call flying cars “planes”? Never made much sense to me.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Anybody else holding out for solar-powered flying cars?
    my neighbor's VTOL aircraft company, Beta Technologies, has just the thing ...but it might set me back $5 million or more which is something of an obstacle::https://www.beta.team/

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why don’t we just call flying cars “planes”? Never made much sense to me.
    The Jetsons promised us something entirely different.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    my neighbor's VTOL aircraft company, Beta Technologies, has just the thing ...but it might set me back $5 million or more which is something of an obstacle::https://www.beta.team/
    < 300 mile range is very inconvenient in an automobile. It is downright scary in an aircraft.
    Last edited by mpj96; 05-29-2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Clarity

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The Jetsons promised us something entirely different.
    The Jetsons promised us a lot. Some of us more than others…

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The Jetsons promised us a lot. Some of us more than others…
    Genuinely perplexed. Not as much as I am by the officiating in Miami tonight. But perplexed.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The Jetsons promised us a lot. Some of us more than others…
    Were you in love with Judy or something?

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    < 300 mile range is very inconvenient in an automobile. It is downright scary in an aircraft.
    UPS and Amazon don't think so. They see it as a very useful tool for delivering important packages. As battery technology improves, Beta's range will increase along with that of automobiles.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Were you in love with Judy or something?
    Rosie. And she loved me…for a while. It was rivet-ing.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Were you in love with Judy or something?
    Jane his wife?

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    His dog, Astro?

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Raleigh,NC
    Tesla in trouble again. 750 complaints in the US about vehicles just randomly stopping in the road while driving. Maybe they need to rethink their software development strategy over there.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Tesla in trouble again. 750 complaints in the US about vehicles just randomly stopping in the road while driving. Maybe they need to rethink their software development strategy over there.
    Maybe Elon should focus more on running his primary business than flirting with Twitter and his other projects and seeing how many press mentions he can get.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Maybe Elon should focus more on running his primary business than flirting with Twitter and his other projects and seeing how many press mentions he can get.
    They’re about to have a talent problem, too.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Just saw the new Cadillac Lyrik at the local Caddy store. It was a preproduction model, not available to test drive. The price fully loaded, including Supercruise, was $63,000. About the same as a Tesla model Y, not fully loaded and pretty spartan inside compared to the Cadillac. The comparable electric BMW is a out $20,000 more. The Cadillac may be serious competition to Tesla. Not sure how Cadillac is selling a fully optioned electric for $63,000 in light of comparison to comparable electrics. Cadillac sold out the entire 2023 model year in a few hours on May 19, roughly 25,000 cars for delivery this fall and early next year.
    0well, the answer to "how can Tesla compete" is that Cadillac's production run is only 25,000 cars. Production -- and pricing -- will change,of course.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  16. #436
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    They’re about to have a talent problem, too.
    Yes they are, at least on the engineering side. No talented software or hardware engineer actually needs to work for Tesla, even if they want to work on electric cars. Elon really needs to stop behaving so erratically. His threat to lay off 10% of staff because he has a bad feeling about the economy seems almost psychotic to me.

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Yes they are, at least on the engineering side. No talented software or hardware engineer actually needs to work for Tesla, even if they want to work on electric cars. Elon really needs to stop behaving so erratically. His threat to lay off 10% of staff because he has a bad feeling about the economy seems almost psychotic to me.
    and the flirtation with Twitter is something of a minefield...Elon's reliance on China is getting a lot of attention on that front now (not to mention the decline in the stock price of Tesla). Elon rarely asks me for advice, but he'd do well to drop the Twitter notion, focus on Tesla, and try to retain his good engineers who must be fielding a lot of tempting phone calls right now.

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Western NC

    Back to the Future, again

    OK, Deja Vue all over again:

    -1x-1.jpg

    It's the Delorean Alpha5 EV, gull wing doors and all. According to sources, it will be available in 2024:

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...date#xj4y7vzkg

    No word yet if it includes a flux capacitor, but apparently it has a robust electric motor that can go from 0 to 60 mph in 2.99 seconds. Cocaine is optional...

  19. #439
    How long to get to 88 mph?

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    How long to get to 88 mph?
    I wonder how the original got to 88mph.

    When it launched in 1981, the car had a 130-horsepower 2.8-liter V6 Peugeot-Renault-Volvo engine in the rear of a Lotus frame. Available with manual or automatic transmission, it went to 60 mph in 10.5 seconds and got just 18 miles per gallon
    By comparison, by 2003 Toyota Corolla can beat that on the strip.

Similar Threads

  1. Poll Skew 2: Electric Boogaloo
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 06:13 PM
  2. Electric Razor
    By ugadevil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •