Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Tesla hasn't qualified for a tax break for a while...given the BBB bill has not passed yet, no change to the rules. I think it's something like first 100,000 vehicles sold by manufacturer for now. You can do a quick Google search to find. Here's one example:
    https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Looks like there may be some state incentives.
    https://www.tesla.com/support/incent...tax-incentives

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    My push mower was my latest purchase and I really wanted to go with the 80v but with all the 40v tools and batteries I had, it just made more sense for me to go 40v with that as well.
    What I found was that Lowes stores stopped carrying the 80v in stores when they started offering the Ego. My 80v battery died and it actually made more sense to buy a new 40v device with battery (and a spare battery on sale) than it did to buy a new 80v battery. I was actually able to buy a display model of the Kobalt string trimmer that supports trimmer plus heads for next to nothing (it was missing a part I had at home and was scratched up). That was great since they are also phasing out trimmer plus support trying to sell indivdual devices. I couldn't swith to Ego because they wouldn't work with my trimmer plus heads either.

Needless to say I had an interesting time after both my 80v battery and my Ego (blower) battery died about a week apart.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Thinking about a Tesla or another EV does anyone know if the EV tax break will still be available in 2022?
    The full $7,500 federal income tax credit is available for purchasers of the first 200,000 qualifying vehicles. As of now, no manufacturer other than Tesla has hit the 200,000 mark, but it’s possible that VW and Hyundai could do so by the end of 2022.

If you lease, the leasing company is deemed to be the purchaser. I have heard stories about some companies allowing lessees to treat the credit as a cap reduction payment, but AFAIK that’s not legally required.

Quote Originally Posted by fuqua1997 View Post
    Looks like there may be some state incentives.
    https://www.tesla.com/support/incent...tax-incentives
    North Carolina really stepped up exempting emissions testing for electric vehicles. Next step will be allowing reduction in catalytic converters for these vehicles.😀

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    North Carolina really stepped up exempting emissions testing for electric vehicles. Next step will be allowing reduction in catalytic converters for these vehicles.😀
    Is 10% ethanol still required?

The Rip Van Winkle state still maintaining its tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    What I found was that Lowes stores stopped carrying the 80v in stores when they started offering the Ego. My 80v battery died and it actually made more sense to buy a new 40v device with battery (and a spare battery on sale) than it did to buy a new 80v battery. I was actually able to buy a display model of the Kobalt string trimmer that supports trimmer plus heads for next to nothing (it was missing a part I had at home and was scratched up). That was great since they are also phasing out trimmer plus support trying to sell indivdual devices. I couldn't swith to Ego because they wouldn't work with my trimmer plus heads either.

Needless to say I had an interesting time after both my 80v battery and my Ego (blower) battery died about a week apart.
    Thats would be quite pricey .that explains not being able to find kolbalt 80v.

Does anyone have any intel on the Volvo XC 40? While Tesla is an incredible company, I'm more interested in a car built by a car company than a car built by a tech company. Volvo seems to really be leaning into emissions free vehicle.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Does anyone have any intel on the Volvo XC 40? While Tesla is an incredible company, I'm more interested in a car built by a car company than a car built by a tech company. Volvo seems to really be leaning into emissions free vehicle.
    Friend has one and loves it. Can’t say anything more, though.

-jk

Very nice car, but efficiency (and, therefore, range) are not exactly class-leading. EPA combined range is 223 miles, vs. 260 for ID.4 rear wheel drive.

See also

https://youtu.be/oypMe7gh6J4

my M3LR tesla gets roughly about 350 miles on a full charge...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    my M3LR tesla gets roughly about 350 miles on a full charge...
    Did it just get recalled?

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Did it just get recalled?
    no.. but my previous mercedes suv did...lol..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Having a 2018 traverse and 2019 F-150 means I won’t be in the market for a vehicle for a very long time. 10+ years if all goes well. The electric vehicle market should be pretty mature by then. Give me a 600+ Mile range F-150 at that time and I’ll be a happy guy.

I am fully interested in an EV. I live in the mountains, and like to drive on Forest Service roads to go camping/hiking, so i would like to have AWD and a decent amount of clearance. The best fit i can find for that, in the range of moderately affordable, is the Hyundai Kona. Apparently the 2021 version has a significat upgrade to the estimated battery range compared to previous models. I'm not convinced that buying new is worth the immediate value lost when driving off the lot.
    I would be interested to hear any pro or con views to these points to more fully develop my purchase decisions.

I’m a ‘lectric junkie. ID.4 was the gateway drug, but now I’m on the hard stuff. Deposit down on a Taycan.

I’m a ‘lectric junkie. ID.4 was the gateway drug, but now I’m on the hard stuff. Deposit down on a Taycan.
    Picked it up last Saturday. It’s all that.

I've read the ID.4 is among the most "unexciting driving" of any electric player (per Car and Driver). Was that not your experience? The Taycan on the other hand... Although, of course, Taycan sets you back $100k+ (I guess the complete base with no options is sub-$100k). Have fun with it!

I'm debating an EV for next family car, but still can't get past road trips (and more limited options based on size). Seems like it makes the most sense to have the "family car" remain gas and perhaps a second "in town" car be electric. Yes, you can make it work, but we're not quite there yet with our network of charging stations and charging speed in this country. Hopefully we'll get there soon. Even with the huge EV push as of late, I think only like 5% of new cars purchased this past year were EV in the U.S. It's still a shockingly small number.
    Last edited by Bluedog; 02-10-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I am fully interested in an EV. I live in the mountains, and like to drive on Forest Service roads to go camping/hiking, so i would like to have AWD and a decent amount of clearance. The best fit i can find for that, in the range of moderately affordable, is the Hyundai Kona. Apparently the 2021 version has a significat upgrade to the estimated battery range compared to previous models. I'm not convinced that buying new is worth the immediate value lost when driving off the lot.
    I would be interested to hear any pro or con views to these points to more fully develop my purchase decisions.
    Big long list of options until I read "moderately affordable".

good luck with that cars are getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Big long list of options until I read "moderately affordable".

good luck with that cars are getting expensive.
    With supply chain shortages, manufacturers are focusing on producing the vehicles that are the most expensive given they have higher profit margins. And there's still high demand for those vehicles. Heads of GM, Ford, et al have explicitly stated that. I think they refer to this as "vehicle mix." With the success of the last year, I could see automakers intentionally reducing (some) supply going forward even if the supply chain stuff (e.g. chips) catches up given it's been very good to their bottom line...and continuing to focus on the most expensive ones (big SUVs and trucks). Of course, with a global competitive landscape, I think that strategy may be muted and if they have the opportunity to increase their manufacturing output, they will do so to an extent which will have SOME downward pressure on prices, of course, but I don't see prices going back to 2019 levels...ever. I think average new vehicle price in the U.S. this last year was almost $50k or something absurd. Not too long ago it was $30k (which still sounds high to me for an average, but what do I know).

I've been a long time Volvo guy, and like the cars' durability, but reliability continues to be an issue...I'm weaning myself away from the brand although I still admire a lot of what they do (good durability and great winter cars).
    Our latest flagship, non Volvo vehicle has had absolutely zero repair issues in the nine years we've had it...