Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I’ll come out of the closet: I’ve owned a Model Y for 9 months. I love it an and am inherently lazy: with my cell phone in pocket, I simply open door, shift into D or R and drive. When I stop; I push a button (sort of optional I think) and get out of car.

No physical movement to lock/unlock, no keys, no parking brake. It’s paid for itself IMHO.
    Only if you have sufficient discretionary income.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Only if you have sufficient discretionary income.
    I finally told the bride it was my turn. My 1st ever man toy.

Any e-tron owners here with willing to share experience? Considering picking one up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Any e-tron owners here with willing to share experience? Considering picking one up tomorrow.
    I do not but that is a good looking car. Enjoy if you pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I was surprised at how big the “big” e-tron is. Roughly comparable to the Q7. Not super-efficient, but a great charging curve.

Road trip video:

https://youtu.be/ErVTCOIqXVM

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It blowed up real good!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    It blowed up real good!
    Thanks for the Farm Report!

Did it blowed up better than Dustin Hoffman? Or those guys in Scanners?
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 12-28-2021 at 07:19 AM.

also check out a tesla after 400K miles
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Not a vehichle .but i purchased a ego electric mower 56 volt .its actually quite nice.
    Very light .you really don't need the self propel feature on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Not a vehichle .but i purchased a ego electric mower 56 volt .its actually quite nice.
    I'd like that but my "lawn" would swallow it up and it would never be seen again...

I have a bunch of Kobalt 40v lawn tools. Chainsaw, hedge trimmer, weed eater, push mower, and leaf blower. All interchangeable batteries so I never run out of juice doing whatever. It nice just being able to plug the battery in and go. Much easier than having to find non-ethanol gas for my John Deere.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I have a bunch of Kobalt 40v lawn tools. Chainsaw, hedge trimmer, weed eater, push mower, and leaf blower. All interchangeable batteries so I never run out of juice doing whatever. It nice just being able to plug the battery in and go. Much easier than having to find non-ethanol gas for my John Deere.
    I have kolbalt weed eater and blower .
    I wanted the 80v mower but they are hard to come by here.
    The non ethenol fuel is why i went to electric . I used regular fuel and it destroyed my carberators and stuff.

I did order new parts. So i can rebuild my gas mower. As a back up mower or we can double team the yard.

The non ethenol fuel is why i went to electric . I used regular fuel and it destroyed my carberators and stuff.

I did order new parts. So i can rebuild my gas mower. As a back up mower or we can double team the yard.
    I have a five gallon can of non ethanol gas all the time, ever since Ed at Little Engine Heaven told me about the ethanol issue. It's pretty easy to find non ethanol gas here (it's high octane).

I've had the same for 6 years or so. Has worked well for me but I have a small yard. The battery is by far the most expensive part so I also got the leaf blower and use it for that. Gas leaf blowers are outlawed in my city starting next year. I like that it's quiet, don't have to get gas and doesn't smell, and seems to have sufficient power. Battery powered leaf blowers still have work to do to be as powerful as the commercial gas ones though, so places like parks and golf courses probably not going to make the move completely. Ironically, the city exempted itself from the rule as well as the one golf course...

My push mower was my latest purchase and I really wanted to go with the 80v but with all the 40v tools and batteries I had, it just made more sense for me to go 40v with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    . Ironically, the city exempted itself from the rule as well as the one golf course...
    I wouldn't call it ironic, but that's a conversation that goes into PPB territory.

Well, Tesla issued a recall on cameras and trunk latches. This impacts about 1 in 5 Teslas produced.

Tesla recalls almost half a million electric cars over safety issues

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...es-2021-12-30/

Thinking about a Tesla or another EV does anyone know if the EV tax break will still be available in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Thinking about a Tesla or another EV does anyone know if the EV tax break will still be available in 2022?
    Tesla hasn't qualified for a tax break for a while...given the BBB bill has not passed yet, no change to the rules. I think it's something like first 100,000 vehicles sold by manufacturer for now. You can do a quick Google search to find. Here's one example:
    https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml