Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I don't often envy someone else's vehicle purchase, but I think I just made an exception.
    Right there with you. I've had a Model 3 Performance search saved on Autotrader for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    It's Duke blue and now has the GTHC license plate is on it.
    Attachment 13588
    WOW! I love my Model 3 but great car great plates!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    It's Duke blue and now has the GTHC license plate is on it.
    Attachment 13588
    I’m jealous!

And the car’s nice, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I don't often envy someone else's vehicle purchase, but I think I just made an exception.
    QFE.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I "closed" on the deal a week ago Saturday. Got word from my contact that my 2022 Bolt EV was at the dealership and the closing packet was on the way. ...

So far I think it drives/handles better. Amazing to start at 260, drive from Durham to Sanford and back last weekend and arrive home with 160 on the battery, close to what was recently my max.

Feel super fortunate since the week before this finalized they announced another recall for the 17/19 Bolt batteries. *sigh*
    Did this notice affect you or your old one?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rom-other-cars

Excerpt:

The Bolt normally can go 259 miles on a charge, but that has been limited by GM’s guidance to avoid a fire. The automaker told Bolt owners to limit the charge to 90%, plug in more frequently and avoid depleting the battery to below about 70 miles of remaining range. They’re also advised to park their vehicles outside immediately after charging and not leave them charging indoors overnight.

The company will be telling Bolt owners who are concerned about parking in public places that it recommends keeping 50 feet from other cars in garages and lots, spokesman Dan Flores said.
    This sounds awfully Apple-esque to me, e.g., "You're parking it wrong". Good luck to those who have to park in anything but the most deserted lots.

yeah, the notion of parking something in my (attached) garage that is known to burst into flames is not tempting.

Maybe GM should sell an accessory front-end mask, because the vehicle already is required to practice social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, the notion of parking something in my (attached) garage that is known to burst into flames is not tempting.
    ICE vehicles burn up all the time. yes, even in garages...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ICE vehicles burn up all the time. yes, even in garages...
    at least the fire dept. knows how to put those fires out.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    at least the fire dept. knows how to put those fires out.
    yeah, put the house out....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I live in my current house (and have for 31 years) because my predecessor made a very bad decision involving a car and a gas can which tragically took his life and nearly set the house on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Did this notice affect you or your old one?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rom-other-cars

Excerpt:

This sounds awfully Apple-esque to me, e.g., "You're parking it wrong". Good luck to those who have to park in anything but the most deserted lots.
    Yes, this affects my car. Had 3 blissful, worry-free weeks of owning before the recall was expanded to the 2022s. My next door neighbor recently bought an EUV and he's not happy. At least mine was "free". However, the advice doesn't really affect me that much - I don't have a garage so it's always parked outside and charges outside. I capped the charge to 90% which turns out to be ~240 or so. Still plenty, but the "don't run down below 70" advice means there's no chance of any reasonably long road trip. Hahaha, actually, given the availability and reliability of chargers, especially DC Fast Chargers (NOT Tesla, oh no) across the Southeast US there was little to no chance of that anyway.

However it remains a great around town or even 150-ish mile car to drive. Lots of improvements > the 2017 I had...for sh*ts and giggles I am going through the repurchase process again just to see how much they'll offer me for a cash buyout. The problem is I don't want most of the other EVs out there for various reasons, having lived through "first model year syndrome" with the 2017 Bolt, and I don't want to pony up the significant diff for a Tesla m3 or mY. Likely they won't offer me much and I'll keep the Bolt and just wait until they replace the battery.

How about an electric Bentley? It sure is pretty.

man, that's gorgeous....

oh, update...that was not me smoking a corvette Z1 on I540 yesterday.....altho, it looked just liked me...

Update - I got my offer letter and GM offered me a stupidly high amount of money to buy my 22 Bolt EV back. Pondered this for a week but after consulting a few trusted advisors I'm going to stay pat. Partly it's not really having time or mental bandwidth to deal with what I'd replace it with, and also partly what I said before about any other non-Tesla EVs that are out there - immature and not available any time soon. I don't want to shell out for a Tesla which would still be a significant chunk of change over what GM was ready to give me. Many other things in my life I'd rather do with those $ and even so they just aren't available - new or used.

I may change my mind if they don't make progress on battery replacements.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Yes, this affects my car. Had 3 blissful, worry-free weeks of owning before the recall was expanded to the 2022s. My next door neighbor recently bought an EUV and he's not happy. At least mine was "free". However, the advice doesn't really affect me that much - I don't have a garage so it's always parked outside and charges outside. I capped the charge to 90% which turns out to be ~240 or so. Still plenty, but the "don't run down below 70" advice means there's no chance of any reasonably long road trip. Hahaha, actually, given the availability and reliability of chargers, especially DC Fast Chargers (NOT Tesla, oh no) across the Southeast US there was little to no chance of that anyway.

However it remains a great around town or even 150-ish mile car to drive. Lots of improvements > the 2017 I had...for sh*ts and giggles I am going through the repurchase process again just to see how much they'll offer me for a cash buyout. The problem is I don't want most of the other EVs out there for various reasons, having lived through "first model year syndrome" with the 2017 Bolt, and I don't want to pony up the significant diff for a Tesla m3 or mY. Likely they won't offer me much and I'll keep the Bolt and just wait until they replace the battery.

I hadn't seen this one about the new Mercedes electric. No more charging stations.

Linky.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I hadn't seen this one about the new Mercedes electric. No more charging stations.

Linky.
    Hah!!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

that could have some legs

mercedes looked good...

Jay Leno likes the GM Hummer EV with a 350 mile charge.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...080101108.html

so, with gas up to $3.50 a gal (in triangle) my tesla purchase it looking pretty timely...