Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

update on doc who drove off a cliff

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/doctor...moved-to-jail/

One would think the cops have a reasonably solid motive in mind...sex and money still at the top of the list for me!

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Random data point but I was speaking with a friend yesterday who has owned Teslas since 2014 and loves them. She convinced her husband, who was adamant about getting another, to look at the Lucid Air. It was so good that they bought it and now love it more than Tesla. Obviously Lucid is behind in having vehicles at low cost points but I think the competitive environment is about to become a big obstacle for Tesla.
    A friend who is not a car person got to ride in a Lucid during a test drive and was very impressed. They are targeting the very high end market, though as others have noted, that isn’t that far above the high end that already exists. I think a lot of their management is ex-Tesla folks.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Random data point but I was speaking with a friend yesterday who has owned Teslas since 2014 and loves them. She convinced her husband, who was adamant about getting another, to look at the Lucid Air. It was so good that they bought it and now love it more than Tesla. Obviously Lucid is behind in having vehicles at low cost points but I think the competitive environment is about to become a big obstacle for Tesla.
    Anecdata to be sure, but you’ll find plenty of former Model S drivers on Taycan owners’ fora.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Anecdata to be sure, but you’ll find plenty of former Model S drivers on Taycan owners’ fora.
    “Anecdata” - love it. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to make a point to use that word repeatedly against my friends!

I believe it. Whenever I decide to make the plunge that or it’s brother-from-another-mother e-tron will likely be at the top of my list.

Ok not to get off the intended subject.
    Tesla has self driving cars .
    If your car drives you home from the bar.
    Can you be charged with a DWI?
    I'd assume so . Is there plausible deniability?enough so that it could be used
    As a defense ?

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    As a defense ?
    Asking for a friend?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    As a defense ?
    Yes, currently you will be charged with a DWI. Regardless of what they call it Tesla (or anyone else) currently don't offer full autonomous driving. Both Autopilot and Full Self-Driving require active driver supervision. There has been a debate in car circles for years about who's responsible if a fully autonomous car causes a wreck.An insurance company? The driver personally? The car manufacture? We haven't reached that bridge yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Yes, currently you will be charged with a DWI. Regardless of what they call it Tesla (or anyone else) currently don't offer full autonomous driving. Both Autopilot and Full Self-Driving require active driver supervision. There has been a debate in car circles for years about who's responsible if a fully autonomous car causes a wreck.An insurance company? The driver personally? The car manufacture? We haven't reached that bridge yet.
    Wasn't sure how far along they had gotten . I've seen fully autonomous flatbeds go from point a to b to c with ai . I figured you would be charged.
    I'd also figured some body fought this.

There has been a debate in car circles for years about who's responsible if a fully autonomous car causes a wreck.An insurance company? The driver personally? The car manufacture? We haven't reached that bridge yet.
    Autonomous cars have caused wrecks.

Are you saying we haven’t reached/crashed into/veered off that bridge because there are no cars that are “fully” autonomous? Or that none of the wrecked have yet lead to either case law or legislation clarifying how liability is allocated?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Autonomous cars have caused wrecks.

Are you saying we haven’t reached/crashed into/veered off that bridge because there are no cars that are “fully” autonomous? Or that none of the wrecked have yet lead to either case law or legislation clarifying how liability is allocated?
    The latter. Right now it’s the developer/manufacturer that takes liability. I can’t see that being in their business model for the future.

The latter. Right now it’s the developer/manufacturer that takes liability. I can’t see that being in their business model for the future.
    This is one of the reasons I am skeptical that autonomous vehicles will move beyond a niche market for the foreseeable future.
    Carolina delenda est

Recall time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/16/tesl...e-crashes.html

IMO, anything short of deleting FSD is the wrong answer.

wow

Recall time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/16/tesl...e-crashes.html

IMO, anything short of deleting FSD is the wrong answer.
    Who could've predicted this?

My guess is that the opening up of their charging system to other OEMs announced yesterday in some way played a role in this announcement.

Tesla to open U.S. charging network to rivals in $7.5 bln federal programBy Hyunjoo Jin and Jarrett Renshaw

https://www.reuters.com/technology/t...se-2023-02-15/

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My guess is that the opening up of their charging system to other OEMs announced yesterday in some way played a role in this announcement.

Tesla to open U.S. charging network to rivals in $7.5 bln federal programBy Hyunjoo Jin and Jarrett Renshaw

https://www.reuters.com/technology/t...se-2023-02-15/
    If Leon Skum had ever shown any propensity for listening to legal advice from competent counsel (which doesn’t include Spiro), I’d say his lawyers finally got through to him about the antitrust and securities law (he announced this on an earnings call almost two years ago, and crickets until Wednesday) implications of a closed network with proprietary connectors.

If Leon Skum had ever shown any propensity for listening to legal advice from competent counsel (which doesn’t include Spiro), I’d say his lawyers finally got through to him about the antitrust and securities law (he announced this on an earnings call almost two years ago, and crickets until Wednesday) implications of a closed network with proprietary connectors.
    The new general counsel for Tesla is a Duke alum...

How to start a Tesla

Good post on the Mastodon service:

"getting into my tesla and hitting like on a musk tweet so it'll start"

https://jorts.horse/@vegetablegremli...69635790963307

Scout has announced a new plant in s.c. to build a SUV that's a ev.4000 jobs .a battery manufacturer is also starting here.
    While good for the emissions ect.
    I weep at the destruction of another rural community. It truly saddens me.