Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 511

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh

    Teslas and other electric vehicles

    got my order in for a 3 last week...excited...

    i did not get the over-priced "sport wheels"...i'll take the stock ones and buy some actual cool rims...


    tell me your good and bad...
    Last edited by Bob Green; 05-21-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    got my order in for a 3 last week...excited...

    i did not get the over-priced "sport wheels"...i'll take the stock ones and buy some actual cool rims...


    tell me your good and bad...
    We were considering buying one, but opted not to for now. We'll likely be buying another car in about four years, and at that point we'll probably switch to full electric. We'll see if Tesla is still a class leader at that point. I'd love to hear about your experiences (and those of others, if any) in the meantime, though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The one I was gonna buy got carjacked and lost in space.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Following...

    Not a current owner (too busy paying my kids college tuition) but hope to be one day. I'm car shopping for my youngest but one of my Autotrader searches for Model 3 Performance

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    I want to know how you'll occupy yourself in the back set while the car is driving itself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I want to know how you'll occupy yourself in the back set while the car is driving itself.
    funny that...i did NOT opt for the full self-driving mode...if i'm paying this much money for a car, which in part, is because of it's performance and quality, i'm driving that sucker myself...that's WHY i'm buying the car...

    it actually comes stock with the highway auto-drive...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Raleigh,NC
    I have too much range anxiety to go all electric right now. We like to take trips as a family and my kids couldnít handle the charging stops. Perhaps when they are a bit older Iíll spring for the electric F-150 that was just announced.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Someone please fix the thread title. The grammar nerd in me is dying...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Someone please fix the thread title. The grammar nerd in me is dying...
    damn...i agonized over that and looked it up...it said "use who's" when referring to ownership or possession...did i mess that up with the "got a"??
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    damn...i agonized over that and looked it up...it said "use who's" when referring to ownership or possession...did i mess that up with the "got a"??
    Whose is possessive. "Whose Tesla is this?"

    You were asking who has one. Who's got a Tesla. (Contraction.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Someone please fix the thread title. The grammar nerd in me is dying...
    Your wish is my command...
    Bob Green

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Raleigh,NC
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I have too much range anxiety to go all electric right now. We like to take trips as a family and my kids couldnít handle the charging stops. Perhaps when they are a bit older Iíll spring for the electric F-150 that was just announced.
    Or maybe the cyber truck but that thing is kind of uglyÖ

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Or maybe the cyber truck but that thing is kind of uglyÖ
    Yes. Itís 80s sci-fi chic.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Raleigh,NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes. Itís 80s sci-fi chic.
    Itís just a drastic difference between whatís on the road now. Itís too much of a reach, IMO.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Itís just a drastic difference between whatís on the road now. Itís too much of a reach, IMO.
    I agree. Ripley battled aliens in that thing. Itís not something Karen takes her kids to the McDonaldís drive thru in.

    I suppose it could sit in a car collectorís garage.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I agree. Ripley battled aliens in that thing. Itís not something Karen takes her kids to the McDonaldís drive thru in.

    I suppose it could sit in a car collectorís garage.
    Ripley fought the OG Alien in next to nothing. I'd post a reference, but I don't know if it would be DBR friendly.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ripley fought the OG Alien in next to nothing. I'd post a reference, but I don't know if it would be DBR friendly.
    Tell me I'm wrong!

    gihiya-la0120 c.jpg

    Tesla_Cybertruck_outside_unveil_modified_by_Smnt.jpg

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ohhhh... The sequel. In the first, she basically fights in her underwear. In the second she gets guns, a Elon tank, and an exoskeleton.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ohhhh... The sequel. In the first, she basically fights in her underwear. In the second she gets guns, a Elon tank, and an exoskeleton.
    Oh, shoot. Good call. Youíre right, itís been a while but that first one is pretty bare bones.

    Cameron likes his exoskeletons.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, shoot. Good call. Youíre right, itís been a while but that first one is pretty bare bones.

    Cameron likes his exoskeletons.
    I still say the original Alien is one of the greatest movies ever.

Similar Threads

  1. Poll Skew 2: Electric Boogaloo
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 06:13 PM
  2. Electric Razor
    By ugadevil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •