Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    What a great play to end that game last night. That pass by Crowder was absolutely perfect...amazing. Booker finishing the game after having his nose smashed is commendable. As someone who's had a few broken noses, I can tell you it's not pleasant. Not as amazing or brutal as the Nash injury but still impressive.

Now to address a few other things:
    • The reffing in this game was an issue. I'm not talking about game time and reviews, I'm talking about the inconsistent calls, the favoritism (PG13 could do no wrong) and the way the game was allowed to be overly physical. It seemed like the intent was to keep the game close by allowing physical play...as usual this usually helps one team more than another (note, Duke is usually the a team that gets hurt by the 'let them play' aka 'let them cheat' style of play). I like football and I like basketball, they don't need to allow teams to try and mix the two.
    • It's time for replays to be done remotely and in a timely manner. We shouldn't have to wait for the refs to walk over, get to the monitor, queue it up, etc. Heck those of us using a DVR at home can review it 4 times and make a decision before they get there. The NBA is a rich league, fix this by having full time review officials who are centrally located. Each game has one or two replay officials assigned and replays are either complete in a short period of time (with a visible count down clock on the scorer's table) or the call stands. If the call is "I didn't see...jump ball" then they jump after the time clock runs out.
    • Review periods are not meant to be timeouts. Players on the court should have to stay on the court...on the opposite side of the benches and coaches should not be allowed to coach during the review period.
    • The foul when Booker ripped his arms up and hit PG13's arms is something that's been around in the NBA for a long time. Paul Pierce was the master of this move when he played for the Celtics. I don't like it but PG13 knows this and should not have had his arm at that angle making it easy for Booker to draw a foul. For a very long time, I'd like to see this become a no call.
    • I'm OK with reviewing the brush against Beverly's face by Booker's arm but he basically flopped on that one. I'd like to see flops become T's (even if they are after the game...as long as accumulated T's lead to suspensions). I'm OK stopping a game when there's potential of injury but when it's faked, I don't like it.
    • I also believe it was Beverly who shoved Booker after the game winning dunk (and before the end of the game). Whoever it was should have at the very least been given a T and suffered the FT's (really should have been tossed...even with .7 seconds left).
    • I watch almost all games using a DVR. Not because I can't watch commercials (I can and I understand that those commercials are what pay for me to watch so I'm OK with them)...I tend to watch delayed because I often watch games late after everyone has gone to sleep. Was really helpful last night...they do need to speed things up.
    It was Demarcus Cousins who shoved Booker

What a great play to end that game last night. That pass by Crowder was absolutely perfect...amazing. Booker finishing the game after having his nose smashed is commendable. As someone who's had a few broken noses, I can tell you it's not pleasant. Not as amazing or brutal as the Nash injury but still impressive.

Now to address a few other things:
    • The reffing in this game was an issue. I'm not talking about game time and reviews, I'm talking about the inconsistent calls, the favoritism (PG13 could do no wrong) and the way the game was allowed to be overly physical. It seemed like the intent was to keep the game close by allowing physical play...as usual this usually helps one team more than another (note, Duke is usually the a team that gets hurt by the 'let them play' aka 'let them cheat' style of play). I like football and I like basketball, they don't need to allow teams to try and mix the two.
    • It's time for replays to be done remotely and in a timely manner. We shouldn't have to wait for the refs to walk over, get to the monitor, queue it up, etc. Heck those of us using a DVR at home can review it 4 times and make a decision before they get there. The NBA is a rich league, fix this by having full time review officials who are centrally located. Each game has one or two replay officials assigned and replays are either complete in a short period of time (with a visible count down clock on the scorer's table) or the call stands. If the call is "I didn't see...jump ball" then they jump after the time clock runs out.
    • Review periods are not meant to be timeouts. Players on the court should have to stay on the court...on the opposite side of the benches and coaches should not be allowed to coach during the review period.
    • The foul when Booker ripped his arms up and hit PG13's arms is something that's been around in the NBA for a long time. Paul Pierce was the master of this move when he played for the Celtics. I don't like it but PG13 knows this and should not have had his arm at that angle making it easy for Booker to draw a foul. For a very long time, I'd like to see this become a no call.
    • I'm OK with reviewing the brush against Beverly's face by Booker's arm but he basically flopped on that one. I'd like to see flops become T's (even if they are after the game...as long as accumulated T's lead to suspensions). I'm OK stopping a game when there's potential of injury but when it's faked, I don't like it.
    • I also believe it was Beverly who shoved Booker after the game winning dunk (and before the end of the game). Whoever it was should have at the very least been given a T and suffered the FT's (really should have been tossed...even with .7 seconds left).
    • I watch almost all games using a DVR. Not because I can't watch commercials (I can and I understand that those commercials are what pay for me to watch so I'm OK with them)...I tend to watch delayed because I often watch games late after everyone has gone to sleep. Was really helpful last night...they do need to speed things up.
    I watch almost all my sports on dvr delay as well. But I DO skip the commercials. I hate them. A human can only watch the ATT lady use the whiteboard to say you get a deal, you get a deal, you get a deal! so many times before going crazy. Plus as a heavily fleeced DTV subscriber I’m overpaying for the programming already.

I watch almost all games using a DVR. I tend to watch delayed because I often watch games late after everyone has gone to sleep.
    My MO exactly. During live games I’m usually playing tennis🎾, playing fetch with the dog, chilling out in the hot tub with my wife, watching tv shows (Better Call Saul, Blacklist, Schitt’s Creek, Bojack Horseman, to name a few) with the family, etc.

So I wait until everyone’s asleep then I sneak up to the theater room (3rd floor) with a second dinner — well, let’s call it a half-dinner — and some drinks, and……nirvana. 😊

And I’m not as nice as you — I fast-forward through the commercials, the halftime, free throws, and video reviews. I watch most games in less than an hour. Looking forward to Hawks v Bucks later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    My MO exactly. During live games I’m usually playing tennis🎾, playing fetch with the dog, chilling out in the hot tub with my wife, watching tv shows (Better Call Saul, Blacklist, Schitt’s Creek, Bojack Horseman, to name a few) with the family, etc.

So I wait until everyone’s asleep then I sneak up to the theater room (3rd floor) with a second dinner — well, let’s call it a half-dinner — and some drinks, and……nirvana. 😊

And I’m not as nice as you — I fast-forward through the commercials, the halftime, free throws, and video reviews. I watch most games in less than an hour. Looking forward to Hawks v Bucks later tonight.
    We live in a magnificent age.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I've found that my DTV remote 30-second skip ahead button is perfect for skipping free throws. Click it as soon as you know they are going to the line and it usually skips perfectly to the end of the 2nd ft. Unless it's Embid - that requires 2 or 3 or a dozen skips. It helps that I've programmed the button so it is instant skip, not just ff 30 secs.

For some football teams (including Duke, depending on the quarterback and situation) you can use the 30 sec skip if you hit it just as the player is being tackled. When that works it's great - get to see play after play without all the down time. But for pro teams and many college teams the 30s is too much, it skips to the end of the next play. I wish I could switch it to a 20 sec skip.

Any thoughts on the ECF tonight? I sort of fell in love with Bucks role players - Tucker, Lopez, Middleton... But the Hawks seem like a team of destiny. I've come full circle with Atlanta in the last few weeks. I admire their style of play and their moxie.

Should be a interesting series. I don't have a strong lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We live in a magnificent age.
    Definitely has its positives!

Go Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I've found that my DTV remote 30-second skip ahead button is perfect for skipping free throws. Click it as soon as you know they are going to the line and it usually skips perfectly to the end of the 2nd ft. Unless it's Embid - that requires 2 or 3 or a dozen skips. It helps that I've programmed the button so it is instant skip, not just ff 30 secs.

For some football teams (including Duke, depending on the quarterback and situation) you can use the 30 sec skip if you hit it just as the player is being tackled. When that works it's great - get to see play after play without all the down time. But for pro teams and many college teams the 30s is too much, it skips to the end of the next play. I wish I could switch it to a 20 sec skip.
    I like how you think. 😊 👍🏻

Any thoughts on the ECF tonight? I sort of fell in love with Bucks role players - Tucker, Lopez, Middleton... But the Hawks seem like a team of destiny. I've come full circle with Atlanta in the last few weeks. I admire their style of play and their moxie.

I'm kind of pulling for the Hawks. A real underdog story and they play with no fear. Heck, they were just an afterthought a couple months ago. Plus I've always had trouble pulling for teams that are dependent on big physical centers - wasn't a Shaq fan or Embid fan. Giannis seems ok but in general I find Bully Ball less interesting than watching teams who whip the ball around and use their quickness and guile to score baskets.
    OTOH I agree about Tucker, Lopez and Middleton's toughness and I admire Holiday so I won't be upset by either team winning. All my favorites (wth Jazz?) are out now anyway.

Young is becoming a superstar. He is willing his team to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Young is becoming a superstar. He is willing his team to victory.
    You may have spoken too soon. Trae wilting a bit late as the Bucks begin to pull away.

Or not…. �� Trae just hit a nice shot.

Hawks need to win this game in order to win the series, imho. Road team winning Game 1 is often huge.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Hawks need to win this game in order to win the series, imho. Road team winning Game 1 is often huge.
    John Collins is going to make some money. He has been great in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    John Collins is going to make some money. He has been great in the playoffs.
    Agreed. And Trae did play great. He just needed me to call him out on DBR. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    You may have spoken too soon. Trae wilting a bit late as the Bucks begin to pull away.

Or not…. �� Trae just hit a nice shot.
    Hawks are on a roll. Bucks are an odd team- so much talent but struggle. Young is so crafty and fluid- he floats on the floor- very impressive for a little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I'm kind of pulling for the Hawks. A real underdog story and they play with no fear. Heck, they were just an afterthought a couple months ago. Plus I've always had trouble pulling for teams that are dependent on big physical centers - wasn't a Shaq fan or Embid fan. Giannis seems ok but in general I find Bully Ball less interesting than watching teams who whip the ball around and use their quickness and guile to score baskets.
    OTOH I agree about Tucker, Lopez and Middleton's toughness and I admire Holiday so I won't be upset by either team winning. All my favorites (wth Jazz?) are out now anyway.
    Didnt like Trae Young. Didn’t like the Hawks but now they might be my favorite team. They just ball...

Plus looking forward to see Cam (hopefully) very soon. He was on the bench tonight.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Didnt like Trae Young. Didn’t like the Hawks but now they might be my favorite team. They just ball...

Plus looking forward to see Cam (hopefully) very soon. He was on the bench tonight.
    They play as a team with Young running the show. They seem a bit like a college team taking on pros. It is impressive.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mister Trae Jones....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

What an impressive win by the Hawks…nothing fluky at all; just a toe-to-toe win, on the back of an utterly stellar performance by Trae Young.
    In postgame interviews, many Hawks players and coach Nate McMillan have talked about playing as a “fist.” I have to think that McMillan absorbed that at least partly from his time working with Coach K and USA Basketball.

What a game by the Hawks. They remind me of Duke - everyone just goes to work, adversity doesn’t matter. No fear.