Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I hate to be "that guy"...nah, who am I kidding? I LOVE to be that guy.

Chris Paul was born in 1985. Of the vaccines you mention, it is likely that Chris Paul got either ONE or NONE of them.

I ran the nursery at Silas B. Hays hospital from 1991-1994, and my hospital was the very first hospital in the state of California to introduce routine hepB vaccination.

My youngest son was enrolled in clinical trials of the first rotavirus vaccine, and my son was born in 1997. (By the way, this was of the vaccine that was later removed from the market and replaced by a newer one. The latter vaccine, mentioned in your list, wasn't put into routine use until at least 2006.)

PCV13 was licensed in 2010.

The United States changed from oral polio vaccine (OPV) to inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) in the year 2000.

The first Hib vaccine, which was unconjugated and not very effective, was licensed in 1985, so he MAY have received that one.

DTaP was licensed in 1991. Prior to that we used a vaccine called DTP, which had whole-cell pertussis in it.

Jus' sayin.'
    I would also add that, for a variety of reasons that date back well before COVID, the African-American community has generally been less trustful of vaccines, and our healthcare system generally, than most Americans. So I suspect that some of that perspective is reflected in CP3's comments. The fact that none of the COVID vaccines have yet moved beyond Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA likely provides some cover as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I would also add that, for a variety of reasons that date back well before COVID, the African-American community has generally been less trustful of vaccines, and our healthcare system generally, than most Americans. So I suspect that some of that perspective is reflected in CP3's comments. The fact that none of the COVID vaccines have yet moved beyond Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA likely provides some cover as well.
    Way off topic by now, but Marshawn Lynch addressed this with Dr. Fauci in an pretty interesting interview.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    This bodes well for the Jazz.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Oh, man. The playoffs have not gone well for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    This bodes well for the Jazz.
    If their star stays healthy.

Yup. Incredibly bad optics for a league that nine months ago looked way ahead kf the curve in most aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yup. Incredibly bad optics for a league that nine months ago looked way ahead kf the curve in most aspects.
    A lot of the league stars warned this could happen with the early start.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A lot of the league stars Warner this could happen with the early start.
    Oh, did they?
    Let's go Duke!

And now Charles Barkley said he will be done with “Inside the NBA” on TNT after only two more years. He blames it all on cancel culture, where he and his co-hosts can’t have fun anymore. To say these are interesting times we are living in and through is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    And now Charles Barkley said he will be done with “Inside the NBA” on TNT after only two more years. He blames it all on cancel culture, where he and his co-hosts can’t have fun anymore. To say these are interesting times we are living in and through is an understatement.
    He’s giving 2 year notice and blaming it on getting cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Apparently he can't joke about San Antonio women being fat anymore.

I'm not sure who to feel badly for here...

13. SVG out as Pels coach. Yes!

It's no secret I haven't been a fan. While I don't consider myself an avid Pels follower, I did watch many of their games over the past two seasons.

How was SVG given a "raw deal?" He has a generational talent in Zion, an NBA all-star in Brandon Ingram, a #2 draft pick in Lonzo Ball, a guard who scored 15 points per game the previous season on 48% field goal shooting, and a mobile 7-footer known for rebounds and defense?

It wasn't a perfect mix of talent, but there is more than enough to make the playoffs.

On paper, it sure looks like a mix of talent that can run and play fast paced basketball. We all know Zion is devastating in the fast break. Lonzo can throw half court alley hoops. Bledsoe is best in transition where he can utilize his speed to make plays. Adams can rebound and make the first pass, or can run and finish. Not to mention Josh Hart and Jaxon Hayes, two other guys who would excel in a fast paced offense.

Yet, with SVG, this Pels team had a mostly half court offense. It was all in the name of improving team defense but the Pels remained a bad defensive team.

We haven't even talked about JJ, who was great last season and looked useless under SVG.

It's a classic case of a coach who couldn't adapt to his personnel, who can only do things his way. So no, I don't think he got a raw deal.

I also don't think Griffin made a good decision either for hiring him. When is this guy going to go?? I heard Donnie Nelson is available...
    Last edited by ice-9; 06-16-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Apparently he can't joke about San Antonio women being fat anymore.

I'm not sure who to feel badly for here...
    To be fair, Barkley knows a thing or two about being fat...

Embiid is trying to make up for Game 4... he's 8-8 with 17 points at the end of 1Q.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    SVG out as Pels coach. Yes!

It's no secret I haven't been a fan. While I don't consider myself an avid Pels follower, I did watch many of their games over the past two seasons.

How was SVG given a "raw deal?" He has a generational talent in Zion, an NBA all-star in Brandon Ingram, a #2 draft pick in Lonzo Ball, a guard who scored 15 points per game the previous season on 48% field goal shooting, and a mobile 7-footer known for rebounds and defense?

It wasn't a perfect mix of talent, but there is more than enough to make the playoffs.

On paper, it sure looks like a mix of talent that can run and play fast paced basketball. We all know Zion is devastating in the fast break. Lonzo can throw half court alley hoops. Bledsoe is best in transition where he can utilize his speed to make plays. Adams can rebound and make the first pass, or can run and finish. Not to mention Josh Hart and Jaxon Hayes, two other guys who would excel in a fast paced offense.

Yet, with SVG, this Pels team had a mostly half court offense. It was all in the name of improving team defense but the Pels remained a bad defensive team.

We haven't even talked about JJ, who was great last season and looked useless under SVG.

It's a classic case of a coach who couldn't adapt to his personnel, who can only do things his way. So no, I don't think he got a raw deal.

I also don't think Griffin made a good decision either for hiring him. When is this guy going to go?? I heard Donnie Nelson is available...
    Agree. I like SVG as an announcer - I like his dry sense of humor and he is willing to say what most of us are thinking. But watching the Pels play under him was often downright painful. Not just because of their W-L record but because of the piss poor execution on the floor, especially in end of game situations. Careless, lazy plays, and the team seemed to lack plan or purpose. I don’t know the stats but when I watched the defensive “ rotations” were a complete joke - opposing 3pt shooters seemed wide open play after play. Zion and NO fans deserve better.

Seth Curry with 25 points in the 3Q on 7-11 from three and 9-14 overall.

Seth with 7 3's, 14 points in the 3rd quarter so far (11 straight) and 25 points overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Seth with 7 3's, 14 points in the 3rd quarter so far (11 straight) and 25 points overall.
    Embid has 31, Curry 25 and entire rest of team has 30. Curry 7 of 11 from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Seth Curry with 25 points in the 3Q on 7-11 from three and 9-14 overall.
    Hey Dallas, how’s that trade of Seth Curry for Josh Richardson working out?

I remember back when they made that trade I was flabbergasted. I thought Seth had played quite well for Dallas. I’d like to know what exactly they were thinking.