Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Has someone asserted that Kyrie Irving is a terrible basketball player? I must've missed that. I've heard his off court behavior and commitment and things like that questioned but have never heard anyone question his skills as a basketball player. Nor would I expect to.
    He's a divisive topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    He's a divisive topic.
    He may be divisive... but his talents on the court really should not be. Dude is one of the better dribblers this side of Curly Neal.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Has someone asserted that Kyrie Irving is a terrible basketball player? I must've missed that. I've heard his off court behavior and commitment and things like that questioned but have never heard anyone question his skills as a basketball player. Nor would I expect to.
    People here certainly thought that Kyrie’s move away from Boston was a net positive for Boston and that the Nets couldn’t succeed with Kyrie, Durant and Harden without more than one ball.

Kyrie has pretty well shut down that talk.
    Carolina delenda est

I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the NBA this year but Blake Griffin is also on the Nets? A greatly aged, less athletic Griffin but still...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the NBA this year but Blake Griffin is also on the Nets? A greatly aged, less athletic Griffin but still...
    Just a shell of his former self. Kind of painful to watch, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    He’s just 32, too, which I guess is old by NBA standards but watching guys like LeBron and CP3 defy the pull makes you forget it.

Uh, how old is LeBron? He was just over the square on a fast break alley oop.

Nets walking over the Celtics. Their big three look pretty lethal right now. Kyrie playing nice in the sandbox with Harden may be the key. Personally, I love Irving’s six rebounds tonight.

Will Boston put up a stand or will Brooklyn cruise to the series victory?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Will Boston put up a stand or will Brooklyn cruise to the series victory?
    Question is whether Tatum can will them to a win or two. He was pretty awful tonight, but then again... so was everyone in green.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Question is whether Tatum can will them to a win or two. He was pretty awful tonight, but then again... so was everyone in green.
    Once Jaylen Brown went down the count, the Celtics became an ordinary team.

Once Jaylen Brown went down the count, the Celtics became an ordinary team.
    No offense to Boston fans, but this year's Celtics team was ordinary long before that.

Clips go down 2-0 at home to the Mavs. After blowing a 3-1 lead to Denver last year in the bubble in ignominious fashion. If they lose this series, this franchise will go on suicide watch. Which is saying something considering its history. It'll be blow-it-up time for Ballmer.

Clips go down 2-0 at home to the Mavs. After blowing a 3-1 lead to Denver last year in the bubble in ignominious fashion. If they lose this series, this franchise will go on suicide watch. Which is saying something considering its history. It'll be blow-it-up time for Ballmer.
    Luka barking at Pat Beverly has been its own special treat.

I don’t understand Luke getting 0 minutes in the first two games? Is he hurt? I would think he’d be in to shoot 3’s when they’re down at the end.

Everything falling into place for the Lakers to come out of the West. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Everything falling into place for the Lakers to come out of the West. Ugh.
    Easy now. You do realize their series is tied one-one?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I give Griffin credit for embracing his dirty work role with this team. I don't love his newfound embrace of flopping, but he's accepted his limitations and attempting to "star in his role". It is probably some small consolation that while the Nets are only playing him $1.2MM, Detroit will be paying him around $50MM for this season and next. Nice work if you can get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    No offense to Boston fans, but this year's Celtics team was ordinary long before that.
    Yeah, most of the blame is probably lack of continuity between injuries and player-related COVID pauses, but I am interested in what the DBR Celtics fans have to say about the ultimate chemistry between Tatum and Brown. To me, it doesn't seem to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I don’t understand Luke getting 0 minutes in the first two games? Is he hurt? I would think he’d be in to shoot 3’s when they’re down at the end.
    The Clippers are a disaster. If Balmer looked enraged behind his mask in the bubble, what will happen this offseason? The lack of chemistry I cited between Tatum and Brown seems to go double for Leonard and George. As for Luke, he got a nice payday but you know he doesn't want to be sitting on the bench. If they fail to rally, I'd have to think Lawrence Frank is going to get the boot. I hope it doesn't impact new player development coach, Dahntay Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Easy now. You do realize their series is tied one-one?
    I don't see the Suns beating the Lakers without CP3 firing on all cylinders. Let's see how his shoulder looks in Game 3.

Wow, not sure how much substance there is to the idea that the Clippers tanked to avoid the Lakers early and get the Mavs, but if so... that is looking like one of the all-time screw ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Wow, not sure how much substance there is to the idea that the Clippers tanked to avoid the Lakers early and get the Mavs, but if so... that is looking like one of the all-time screw ups.
    The lineup choices they made in their last two games - losses to the Rockets and Thunder - strongly suggest tanking. They played their scrubs - including a guy literally named Scrubb - and sat their starters. If the Clippers wanted to win either of those two games, Kawhi or George would probably have played a few minutes.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Important to note that Kawhi can opt out this summer. He's only making $34 mil so he is pretty likely to do so if only to get a more fair contract (something in the $40+ mil area code). If the Clippers lose in the first round, he could very easily take his talents elsewhere in search of more rings.

The Clippers also gave up a ton of draft picks to OKC when they brought in PG (three firsts and 2 pick swaps) which could hamstring their ability to rebuild for a while. Balmer may have a lot of money to spend, but the team could still be in real trouble if Kawhi decides he wants to move on.