Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Which is why I tend to stay away. Most people aren't that way but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I've never been a fan of the Stephen A. Smith types or the guys who walk into the bar and say "my team is going to win tonight. Who wants to make a bet on it? Are you all wimps?" There's a big difference between informed, educated opinions (with some partisan passion thrown in) and hot takes.

That's my hot take...
    I both resent and dispute the characterization, Crazy. Stephen A Smith is a guy I can't stand to listen to, and I'm sure as heck not the guy that walks into a bar and blathers on about my team winning, wanna make a bet, and you are all wimps. I'm the guy that would probably get thrown out of the bar because I'd belt the idiot that came in saying that stuff. So please don't compare me to Stephen A. Smith. It's beyond insulting and just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    By how many yard signs are you seeing?
    You've lost me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Mark Cuban on the Mavs playoff loss

" I mean, Luke Kennard is who beat us. We did a great job on Kawhi, and it’s one of those things where you pick your poison: If Luke Kennard is gonna beat us, he’s gonna beat us. And he beat us."

Nice to see Kennard get a chance to contribute. I hope at some time in the not so distant future he gets a chance to expand on the playmaking skills he was beginning to show. As a non-star player, Kennard's success will largely depend on fit with the team is on.
    And after a nice contribution (29 minutes) Tuesday night, Luke barely gets on the court last night (10 minutes; hitting his only shot attempt) - both against the Jazz so same match-ups. What's that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    You've lost me on that one.
    POTUS thread throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    POTUS thread throwback.
    LOL. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    And after a nice contribution (29 minutes) Tuesday night, Luke barely gets on the court last night (10 minutes; hitting his only shot attempt) - both against the Jazz so same match-ups. What's that all about?
    Maybe the Clips wanted more defense on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Maybe the Clips wanted more defense on the court.
    And even with that, Mitchell scorched them again. I find it interesting that the Clips MO was supposed to be this lock-down defense, especially on the wings with all-world defenders PG, Beverly and Leonard, and yet now for the second series in a row they can't stop the opposing team's guard. Something is definitely amiss in Clipper world.

And even with that, Mitchell scorched them again. I find it interesting that the Clips MO was supposed to be this lock-down defense, especially on the wings with all-world defenders PG, Beverly and Leonard, and yet now for the second series in a row they can't stop the opposing team's guard. Something is definitely amiss in Clipper world.
    Kawhi can opt out this summer if he wants... maybe he will go to Brooklyn too
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    When is Lebron free? Can't he go too?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    When is Lebron free? Can't he go too?
    That would be a hoot, wouldn't it. Talk about heads exploding everywhere. Kyrie could tell LeBron he could be the fifth option at crunch time.

Anyone placing any fun wagers on the playoffs? I got lucky last night after taking Brooklyn at +3.5, won by a half point. I couldn’t make a decision on the Atlanta-Philly game line (Sixers minus 1.5), so I took a fun prop bet: Trae Young to make over 2.5 three point attempts. I think he gets hot at home and hits several in a row. FYI, I put in $100 for the playoffs and that’s my limit, usually $10-$20 bets. If I’m up by the Finals, I take a larger wager and try to boost my profit. Anyone got any action going, I’d love to hear thoughts...

i don't care for atlanta, but they got a raw deal on the officiating tonight...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i don't care for atlanta, but they got a raw deal on the officiating tonight...
    Huh?

Even though Trae Young had 28 points, the Sixers shut him down as far as momentum and big plays. You could see his frustration.
    If your referring to close calls on Embiid, he's expert at drawing contact from the defenders and then making his free throws.
    Simmons was aggressive and the Hawks had no answer for him. The Sixers are averaging 55% from the field in the series.
    Curry had 12 on 5-10 shooting. Danny Green went out in the 1Q with a calf injury but the Philly bench contributed 48 points.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Even though Trae Young had 28 points, the Sixers shut him down as far as momentum and big plays. You could see his frustration.
    If your referring to close calls on Embiid, he's expert at drawing contact from the defenders and then making his free throws.
    Simmons was aggressive and the Hawks had no answer for him. The Sixers are averaging 55% from the field in the series.
    Curry had 12 on 5-10 shooting. Danny Green went out in the 1Q with a calf injury but the Philly bench contributed 48 points.
    Yea putting Simmons on Young has changed the series.

Super impressed with the Suns. Favorites in the West, even over the Jazz or Clippers? I wouldn’t bet against them at this point.

If only they had a Dukie playing for them...

Super impressed with the Suns. Favorites in the West, even over the Jazz or Clippers? I wouldn’t bet against them at this point.

If only they had a Dukie playing for them...
    Kiss of death!!!

Just kidding. I wouldn't bet a pie against them going to the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Kiss of death!!!

Just kidding. I wouldn't bet a pie against them going to the Finals.
    Didn’t push the Barkley “I Guarantee!” button. They should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Yea putting Simmons on Young has changed the series.
    That was my takeaway as well- extremely impressive performance by Simmons on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    Luke needs to follow JJ Redick around like Daniel-san until he agrees to train him. In spurts he’s as deadly an offensive weapon as there is in the league. His defense is basically non-existent, though. He’s going to have to transform his game like JJ did to stay in the league long term. There’s a lot more to his offensive abilities than JJ’s so he could have an even better career. Right now there’s not much room on the court for an undersized, ball-dominate 2 who takes 3-4 possessions to get going and can’t guard anyone.

I think LA knows this and loosens his leash when they need offense but not otherwise.