Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    15-2 run by Hawks, starters back out for 76ers, Curry promptly hits a floater. Adds another jumper after Hawks and 6ers trade baskets. 29 points on 16 shots so far.

Embiid trying to lose the game again

4 point game, 2.5 minutes left. Shot clock violation Philly. Make that 2 point game with Trae Young at the line for 3 free throws. It was a 26 point game at the end of the 3rd. Grease 5 hits 3, Philly down 1.

Does Embiid WANT to lose? Sure looks like it.

26 point deficit now 1 point lead. And Atlanta ball unless call is reversed,

6. I thought Djokic deserved the MVP this season and this series confirms it.

That looks like it should be Sixers' ball, to me.

Bad call, imo.

Curry needed to hit that three.

Embiid missed 2 fts, down 3 with 10 seconds left. Time out.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Curry needed to hit that three.
    Embiid really needed to make those FTs

Unbelievable collapse

Sure looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    Embiid really needed to make those FTs

Unbelievable collapse
    Difference is that Embiid has been undermining his team all quarter, but Curry has not.
    And even with the missed free throws, the game would be tied had Curry made the shot.

Absolutely mind-blowing comeback by the Hawks. I watched the whole thing and I still can’t really explain what happened.
    If the Hawks can ever turn those 40-point quarters into more sustained output, the rest of the East had better look out.

Seth Curry had 36 points and the 76ers lost? Wow!?!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Hawks

Wow that was sweet! Go Hawks!

Wow. Good for Seth. What a performance.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Kyrie was 11th in the NBA in PER. Mitchell was 26th. Chris Paul was 25th. Kyrie's team won almost as many games, and he was the biggest reason, with him playing almost 20 more games for the Nets than either Durant or Harden did.
    Here's another interesting factoid to support this: https://youtu.be/NL1PdilAssY?t=173

To paraphrase the bottom line: "Kyrie is the only Net -- when he's not on the court -- to have a negative net rating." Meaning he's the only player where the Nets on average lose if he's not on the court; whereas for all other players, Nets will still on average win even if they don't play. All season long Kyrie has been the most important player for the Nets.

Was Mitchell the most valuable player for Utah or Gobert? Paul for Phoenix or Booker? Sometimes, a top team just doesn't have a very, very top individual player, like the Rip Hamilton Pistons or 2010 Duke. I think Kyrie easily deserved to be on an All-NBA team.
    I would take out Beal and put in Mitchell. Although I agree Mitchell may not be a better player, winning counts and Mitchell is 1a or 1b the best player on the best team in the NBA this season. In a previous comment a while back, I did have Beal instead of Mitchell but I think I was wrong.

I would have put Zion on a team, even ahead of Tatum. Zion was 4th, and Tatum 27th in PER. While it seems odd for a 20 year old, Zion was more consistent. Tatum was more likely to go for 50, but also more likely to have an occasional terrible shooting night, as he did with both in the playoffs. I'm pretty confident that this won't be Zion's last shot at an All-NBA team, though.
    I don't think Butler should be there. He missed a lot of games, the Heat have underperformed this season and he just hasn't seemed as dominant. Before the playoffs started I would've put Zion there instead; but Tatum's superb playoff performance is a huge bias even though All-NBA is a regular season award.

Difference is that Embiid has been undermining his team all quarter, but Curry has not.
    And even with the missed free throws, the game would be tied had Curry made the shot.
    76ers also with two missed dunks.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

hard to believe how many poor, off balance shots he took down the stretch.