Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Guess who's consulting lawyers to sue unc, per the NY Times?
    Nifong and Associates?

Austin Rivers because it’s not enough to take their soul?

This is fun.

Sean May because they told him he had an NBA skill set but he just needed to bulk up?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Tyler Hansbrough, because he was not as prepared for his post-NBA career in audiobook narration as he was led to believe?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Tyler Hansbrough, because he was not as prepared for his post-NBA career in audiobook narration as he was led to believe?
    And he didn't find success as a Swahili translator?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    “I had no desire to bring turmoil or a political firestorm to the university that I love, but I am obligated to fight back against a wave of anti-democratic suppression that seeks to prohibit the free exchange of ideas, silence Black voices and chill free speech,” Hannah-Jones said in a statement Friday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/1619-...165402959.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

An update, and possible repercussions beyond just Hannah-Jones.
    Journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones says she will not join the faculty at UNC-Chapel Hill unless she has tenure, NC PolicyWatch reported Tuesday, citing a letter from her legal team sent to the university this week.
    A number of Black faculty and staff have said they are considering leaving the university because they feel undervalued on campus, particularly after this case.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikole-ha...220924264.html

An update, and possible repercussions beyond just Hannah-Jones.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikole-ha...220924264.html
    Perhaps even more importantly the current (African American) UNC student body president is encouraging other African Americans students, professors, etc to consider not coming to UNC.
    https://www.wral.com/unc-student-bod...here/19731322/

Entropy being what it is, it's a lot easier to destroy things than it is to build them. I think the UNC Trustees are currently in the process of proving this, whether they know it or not (they probably don't) and whether they care or not (they certainly don't). Bad as this situation is, it's not an isolated incident. This goes way beyond a sports rivalry and none of us who live in or love North Carolina should look at this excrement-show with anything but horror and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Perhaps even more importantly the current (African American) UNC student body president is encouraging other African Americans students, professors, etc to consider not coming to UNC.
    https://www.wral.com/unc-student-bod...here/19731322/

Entropy being what it is, it's a lot easier to destroy things than it is to build them. I think the UNC Trustees are currently in the process of proving this, whether they know it or not (they probably don't) and whether they care or not (they certainly don't). Bad as this situation is, it's not an isolated incident. This goes way beyond a sports rivalry and none of us who live in or love North Carolina should look at this excrement-show with anything but horror and anger.
    I believe BostonDevil predicted this outcome somewhere upthread.

Bad as this situation is, it's not an isolated incident. This goes way beyond a sports rivalry and none of us who live in or love North Carolina should look at this excrement-show with anything but horror and anger.
    Sporks for that. Unfortunately, UNC has shown before that they would rather you turn your head as they say "nothing to see here" while they sweep their in-house ugliness under the rug.

Sporks for that. Unfortunately, UNC has shown before that they would rather you turn your head as they say "nothing to see here" while they sweep their in-house ugliness under the rug.
    And if you are going to get into a PR battle, doing so with the faculty of your journalism school (among others) probably isn't the best way to go. I'm guessing that UNC's esteemed Swahili department would not handle this nearly as well.

Bad as this situation is, it's not an isolated incident. This goes way beyond a sports rivalry and none of us who live in or love North Carolina should look at this excrement-show with anything but horror and anger.
    I've kinda gone numb on the things that UNC does that would get other institutions in deep *!@$. Wake me up when something significant happens to them.

As usual, Florida says "Hold my beer."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...252283988.html

...Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday signed legislation that will require public universities and colleges to survey students, faculty and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints...

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    As usual, Florida says "Hold my beer."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...252283988.html
    As long as one of the belief options are "I believe this survey is a waste 9f time"

I hope you see what I did there.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I predict these surveys will not produce the intended results.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    As long as one of the belief options are "I believe this survey is a waste 9f time"

I hope you see what I did there.
    That 9f is probably a typo, but still apropos

You poll students, next thing you know you’re naming your expensive new ship “Boaty McBoatface.”

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You poll students, next thing you know you’re naming your expensive new ship “Boaty McBoatface.”
    That’s offensive to boats and you know it.

Students, faculty, and staff. Because you have to keep the cafeteria ladies and groundscrew from poisoning Little Johnny's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s offensive to boats and you know it.
    Not Scottish boats.