Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chattanooga?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This has been quoted in my marriage more times than I can count.
    You have a sacred union, this much I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Every time I see this thread I think of Ralph’s Valentine’s card, “I choo-choo choose you!”
    This has been quoted in my marriage more times than I can count.
    Almost 10 years ago we attended the wedding of the younger daughter of a couple friends of ours. It was a low-key, high-fun, tradition-breaking affair. There were multiple wedding cakes. This one was the most memorable.

IMG_0137s.jpg

I guess that line got some traction in matrimonial circles. [Noting the stumbling on words, it's a darn good thing it wasn't South Park's "You're a Continuing Source of Inspiration"]

Oh, and yes, the wedding was in Chattanooga.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Almost 10 years ago we attended the wedding of the younger daughter of a couple friends of ours. It was a low-key, high-fun, tradition-breaking affair. There were multiple wedding cakes. This one was the most memorable.

IMG_0137s.jpg

I guess that line got some traction in matrimonial circles.

Oh, and yes, the wedding was in Chattanooga.
    That's fantastic, thanks for sharing.

FWIW - we are striking out on food here thus far. Frothing Monkey was a horrendous experience - waited an hour, ended up leaving before we got our food. To her "credit" as we left the server admitted she "sorta abandoned us." We did burgers at Urban Stack that were... okay. Haven't found that home run yet.

Aquarium and Art Museum are tomorrow.

I love state of confusion. I am an absolute sucker for ceviche and the sampler is wonderful

FWIW - we are striking out on food here thus far. Frothing Monkey was a horrendous experience - waited an hour, ended up leaving before we got our food. To her "credit" as we left the server admitted she "sorta abandoned us." We did burgers at Urban Stack that were... okay. Haven't found that home run yet.

Main Street Meats (top) and Tremont Tavern, among others, have much better burgers than Urban Stack, and I'm friends with the owner of Urban Stack, who also owns Taco Mamacita, Milk n' Honey, Community Pie, and Clyde's. I'd put US at the bottom of his places.

Easy Bistro, St. John's, St. John's Meeting Place, Alleia, Il Primo, Kenny's (bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit for breakfast), Boathouse (grilled shrimp in casual atmosphere along the river), Flying Squirrel

Sorry to hear it. My experience at US (4 yrs ago) was not great. They got my burger order wrong, friends at the table agreed, and when I pointed it out to my server, she took it back to have it checked, and they doubled down. It didn't even have any cheese on it, as it was supposed to. I said, "If this is your ____ burger, where is the cheese?" She said it must have melted off! Did she mean to say "evaporated"? It had stuff on there that wasn't in the description, and was missing stuff (beyond the cheese) it was supposed to. I was just really p.o.-ed that they wouldn't admit an obvious mistake. It wasn't a bad burger - it just was very obviously not what I ordered. Needless to say I haven't been back, nor will I.

Hope you have better luck soon.

Hopefully the aquarium will have fish and water, in an appropriate ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Hopefully the aquarium will have fish and water, in an appropriate ratio.
    And they keep the art out of the tanks...unless it’s one of those modernist deals.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Every time I see this thread I think of Ralph’s Valentine’s card, “I choo-choo choose you!”
    And you can see the instant during which Ralph's heart is being ripped out.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Ah, yes! The old Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes joke. Wondered if it had entered anyone elses head while reading this.
    I'm with you. Heard it first on the Johnny Carson show.