Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1053
    The Spain>Australia>France medal round gauntlet is the best we have faced in history. This team has a lot to be proud of.

pops should be priceless in the post game...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Well big win by USA. Coach Pop is back!
    dukelifer, who would have predicted, when you half-jokingly made that comment way back on July 28, how prescient your words would turn out to be??

Well done, sir!

True

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    pops should be priceless in the post game...
    I hope somebody asks Pops why he didn't have a big center to play Gobert, and why he didn't take Duncan Robinson from the select team to hit threes, but alls well that ends well.

It was good to see Coach Kara sitting behind Colangelo. She's hit the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I hope somebody asks Pops why he didn't have a big center to play Gobert, and why he didn't take Duncan Robinson from the select team to hit threes.
    Wait…….remind me again which coach and country won the gold medal.

Yes, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Wait…….remind me again which coach and country won the gold medal.
    Nobody guarded Gobert well and the team hit 28% on threes. Not to mention that a team full of NBA studs scored 16 points in the fourth quarter.

I'm not saying that this is as bad as John Thompson going to the Olympics with practically no three point shooting, but I get nervous when Team USA has a one possession lead with ten seconds left.

WooHoo! BleacherReport has a little note up saying Pam and JaVale McGee are the first mother son duo to win Olympic Gold in basketball.

And I find that adorable

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Nobody guarded Gobert well and the team hit 28% on threes. Not to mention that a team full of NBA studs scored 16 points in the fourth quarter.

I'm not saying that this is as bad as John Thompson going to the Olympics with practically no three point shooting, but I get nervous when Team USA has a one possession lead with ten seconds left.
    Okay, which big man, who actually was willing to commit to Team USA, would you have taken?

As for Duncan Robinson, I don’t know if getting a guy who basically has only one skill — shooting three-pointers — would have been better overall for this team than the player(s) whose minutes he would be taking.

Maybe someone did ask Coach Popovich about these issues. I’ll see if I can find a post-game interview with him.

Statement that I never, in a million years, thought I would hear: “Keldon Johnson and Javale McGee are gold medal winners.”
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The team made the decision to go for a highly switchable group. That explains why a guy like Trae Young wasn’t added (can you imagine the abuse he would have taken against France’s pick and roll when switched onto Gobert?). The advantage of switch ability is that it simplifies the defense, which was huge given our lack of prep time.

Unfortunately the switchable lineup wasn’t well suited to guard a monster like Gobert. The defense did a really good job of forcing turnovers, though, and survived a brutal shooting night a some fluke 3s by Yabusele to get the win.

If we had another 2-3 weeks of prep time I think we would have had a smoother run. Thankfully the lack of prep time didn’t cost us the gold. USA!

What's next? Maybe Hollywood will make a movie about Team USA. Please get Donald Sutherland to play Gregg Popovich.

Let's Predict the 2024 Men's Olympic Squad Because I'm a Reporter Who Can't Relax and Enjoy the Moment (CBS Sports)

Starters: Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Bam Adebayo
    Reserves: Bradley Beal, Trae Young, LaMelo Ball, Zion Williamson, Mikal Bridges, Evan Mobley, Myles Turner
    Coach: Steve Kerr

Great to see USA pull it out and Tatum have super game. Congrats to Pops and team with emphasis on NBA finals players that have to be exhausted, they were needed.

Great quotes from Colangelo, Pop and the players after the game.
    https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...al-quotes.aspx

Australia vs Slovenia for the bronze on right now. Aus up a few early in the first.

Tatum first ever to win gold at U16, U17, U19 and Senior National Team levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Australia vs Slovenia for the bronze on right now. Aus up a few early in the first.
    FIBA Patty Mills is in the building….23 points in the first 16 minutes!!! Good game, Aus up 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Tatum first ever to win gold at U16, U17, U19 and Senior National Team levels.
    Nice - cool trivia!

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    What's next? Maybe Hollywood will make a movie about Team USA. Please get Donald Sutherland to play Gregg Popovich.

Let's Predict the 2024 Men's Olympic Squad Because I'm a Reporter Who Can't Relax and Enjoy the Moment (CBS Sports)

Starters: Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, Kevin Durant, Jayson Tatum, Bam Adebayo
    Reserves: Bradley Beal, Trae Young, LaMelo Ball, Zion Williamson, Mikal Bridges, Evan Mobley, Myles Turner
    Coach: Steve Kerr
    Starters: All the Ball children
    Coach: Lavar

"But that isn't enough players to field a full time and the French will hate Lavar, they already think Americans are loud-mouthed rubes".

Lavar:

LB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I do hope Zion plays in Paris. Please Lord. It's not too much to ask.
    Zion’s new shoe colorway released this week is an encouraging sign

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footwearnews.com/2021/shop/sneakers-deals/zion-williamson-jordan-zion-1-usa-release-info-1203162983/amp/

Patty Mills with 36 with 2 to go in 3rd. AUS up 10. Luka clearly not 100% due to wrist injury.